This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accomodation, Transportation, etc.

I see that there are already problems for people, who want to find a place to stay during the Eurobasket 2011 in Lithuania. That's because our country isn't the number 1 holiday destination in Europe, so there's usually no need to have a lot of hotels outside the capital city. But Eurobasket changes it all. So I decided to make a thread, where we Lithuanians could help the fans from other countries.

First of all, a few suggestions:
    It might sometimes be hard to find a hotel in the city, where your team will be playing. That's especially truth for Alytus, Panevėžys, Šiauliai and to a lesser extent Kaunas. But Lithuania is a small country, so the distances between the cities aren't that big, the public transportation and the roads are good enough too. So you can always try adjacent towns: Klaipėda has Palanga and Nida, Alytus has Birštonas and Druskininkai, etc... For the final round, which will be held in Kaunas, you can stay in Vilnius - it only takes about an hour to go from 1 city to another.
    Illegal2k10 made a suggestion that if your team plays in Panevėžys, you could stay in Anykščiai or Ukmergė:

Originally posted by Illegal2k10 View Post
    As SF mentioned distance between smaller towns and Panevezys is really small, like 1h with bus.
    Best places to rent a hotel would be Anyksciai and Ukmerge. These towns are quite beatifull if you ask me, and if you want some fun Vilnius is not far away(like 1.5h with bus).
    Anyksciai: ** hotel"puntukas"
    *** "Keturi Kalnai"
    "RomuvosParkas"
    ** "Anyksciu Silelis"
    Ukmerge: *** Big Stone
    There are smaller towns like these near all of the Eurobasket-hosting cities, feel free to ask any questions about them.

In the Official site of Eurobasket 2011 you can find some useful information and links.

There are a lot of sites on the internet which could help you find a place to stay:

http://www.tripbaltic.com/en/ - this is an official partner of Eurobasket 2011 and should be integrated to eurobasket2011.com on 15 June.

Užsisakykite viešbutį Lietuvoje. Ekonominės klasės ir prabangios apgyvendinimo įstaigos. Geros kainos. Jokių užsakymo mokesčių. Objektyvūs svečių atsiliepimai.

Įsigykite arba pateikite pasiūlymą už parduodamą domeną hotels.lt. Galima domenų rezervacija arba nuoma.

http://www.on.lt/hotels.htm - a lot of links there, and not only for hotels

http://www.maps.lt/en/ - you'll probably need this too (much better than google maps, for example)

http://www.priejuros.lt/en/ - this is an excellent link for people, who will support the teams playing in group D.

Don't limit yourselves to hotels: you can also look for hostels, privately rent houses/flats, etc... And feel free to ask if you need some help.
    Last edited by Gytaz; 06-01-2011, 01:31 PM.

Hi,

Can you recommend anything near Panevezys? I need 3 rooms, 1x double, and 2x twin

Many thanks!
    CHECK OUT THE LATEST TEAM GB & BRITISH BASKETBALL NEWS @ http://www.gameongb.com

Comment

Damn, it's hard to find anything in or near Panevėžys. Well, first you should probably try all the links provided in the official site. If all the rooms are already booked in those places, you could consider Anykščiai, or Ukmergė (as the previous post says), or any other town near Panevėžys. Maybe even Šiauliai, kaunas or Vilnius. Countryside tourism is becoming more and more popular in Lithuania, that's another option, but I guess it's not the best one for the basketball fans... But this could be an option for some people too:

I'm sure there will be a lot of people renting flats for the period of Eurobasket, but it's hard to finds something now.

Comment

Finally ! I've booked an apartment near Kaunas airport. It was much less expansive than in Kaunas and easier to find.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

If i stay in Vilius, what time to buses operate till?
            CHECK OUT THE LATEST TEAM GB & BRITISH BASKETBALL NEWS @ http://www.gameongb.com

Comment

Originally posted by inaminute23 View Post
              If you mean from one city to another, this site should be helpfull. Currently, f.e. from Panevezys to Vilnius, latest bus in quite early one, but I'm quite sure that during tournament there'll be more and later trips

Comment

Originally posted by inaminute23 View Post

Autobusubilietai.lt - Pigesni bilietai, jokių eilių

EDIT: sorry for late reply.
                I'm on twitter

Comment

Well, currently the last bus from Panevėžys departs at 20.25, but I'm sure there will be buses going later than that during the Eurobasket. You can also rent a car or hire a taxi - Scottish football fans sometimes did that - it seemed cheap enough to them. Panevėžys is the worst city in terms of accommodation - I'm sorry for that. I think that the best solution would be finding a flat for a week, but I'm not sure if it's possible to find anything so early. You could try contacting some of the people advertising their flats in Lithuanian Real Estate advertisement sites, aruodas.lt is the most popular (choose "flats rent" instead of "flats"):

Or perhaps a real estate agency would be interested in helping you:

I know that it's not helping much, but who knows, maybe you'll find something.

Comment

I've posted the link to this site in the other thread already, but it should belong here as well.

Fans of the teams, playing in Klaipėda (SLO, RUS, BEL, GEO, UKR, BUL) can make a great use of this site: http://www.priejuros.lt/en/

Comment

Originally posted by valdu0! View Post
                      Finally ! I've booked an apartment near Kaunas airport. It was much less expansive than in Kaunas and easier to find.
                      I'm also looking for apartment as first option. We are going to be several people and it's seems like the best option...

May I ask you where did you find it and what is the cost?

Plus, there is a bigger problem for Šiauliai, absolutely nothing.
                      My Youtube channel

Comment

We are four people. A house called aneles but everything is already booked.

Comment

Originally posted by valdu0! View Post
                          We are four people. A house called aneles but everything is already booked.
                          May I ask about the price.

Because we already booked something too in advance, for 4 people as well, but something that we may cancel if we find something better (in location/price).

Are you coming to Šiauliai too? We are at the same group B...
                          My Youtube channel

Comment

Hello all.

I have created a facebook page for accomondation in Lithuania during EB2011.

Maybe it the same as here but i think facebook ir more popular and it will be another way to spreand the info needed for accomodation. Please "like" and share it between your friends. In a few days i'm planning to put more info there. If anyone wishes to help by adding some info and maintaining this page, please write me a PM, i'll add you as admin. I think its our duty as host to help our foreign friends to have a pleasant stay in our country.

P.S. i have use some of your posts tehre, dont be mad for copyright violations.

Comment

Originally posted by taspac View Post
                              P.S. i have use some of your posts tehre, dont be mad for copyright violations.
                              If You did so - You should give links to original source :P
                              2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2011 Prediction!
                              2nd in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction!
                              MVP in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction! # Correct W-L: re5pectas (59)
                              All-Tornament Team in IBN EuroBasket 2015 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (7)
                              All-Tornament Team in IBN World Cup 2019 Prediction! Perfect score: re5pectas (5)
                              2nd in IBN Olympic 2020 Predicion! Perfect score: re5pectas (2) Within 8: re5pectas (8) # Correct W-L: re5pectas (23)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information