No announcement yet.

2011 Nike Hoop Summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game seems to mirror past encounters between the USA and World Team; the US backcourt play dictating the flow of the game with deflections and steals while the World Team's size and ball movement are keeping the game from getting out of reach. The World Team must limit its turnovers and continue to play inside/out basketball if they have any chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
      There are many ethnicities in China. I just find his name curious.
      well I don't think anyone has pointed out so far that he's any different than Han. Apparently, the surname Guo is also one of the most common as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DarknessFalls View Post
        well I don't think anyone has pointed out so far that he's any different than Han. Apparently, the surname Guo is also one of the most common as well.
        OK, he's Han then, just wanted to know

Game's live here btw.
        Last edited by rikhardur; 04-10-2011, 03:32 AM.
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Currently with 2:29 remaining on the fourth quarter:

USA 86 World 70
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            Looking at the practice session videos, I am impressed with the physique of Bismack Biyombo.
            He has such long arms too... It's insane. One more block and he'd have a triple-double. Great display for him. USA wins.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
              He has such long arms too... It's insane. One more block and he'd have a triple-double. Great display for him. USA wins.
              I am impressed with Biyombo on this tourney. His upside is remarkable. Future is bright for the young bigman wherever he decides to play.
              Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

this us team is scarry with talent, much more talented than one that was beten by macvan and moteijunas. world team looked totaly lost. that australian coach set game much better for world. biyombo dosen't waste inch of his "arms"
                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Biyombo = Monster

Comment

I didn't watch it, but I was from the beginning definite about the very poor World squad, talent-wise

Anyway... I found these stats online. http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.c...e-hoop-summit/

World Team Final Stats: Bismack Biyombo 12pts, 11rebs, 10blks, 2ast; Mateusz Ponitka 17pts, 4rebs; Kyle Wiltjer 12pts, 0rebs; Evan Fournier 6pts, 6rebs; Kevin Pangos 6pts, 2ast; Bebe 4pts, 6rebs; Guo Ailun 4pts; Davis Bertans 8pts; Dario Saric 7pts; Raul Togni Neto 4pts, 4ast; Przemyslaw Karnowski 0pts, 0rebs, 2ast

Team USA Final Stats: Austin Rivers 20pts, 2rebs, 0ast; Anthony Davis 16pts, 10rebs, 2blks; Michael Gilchrist 16pts, 5rebs, 5blks; Quinn Cook 12pts, 3ast; Bradley Beal 8pts, 4rebs, 3ast; James McAdoo 6pts, 7rebs; Marquis Teague 6pts, 4rebs, 3ast; Rakeem Christmas 2pts, 4rebs, 2blks; Adonis Thomas 2pts, 2blks; Tony Wroten 4pts, 5ast, 2stls

If this is true, then Biyombo's triple double (again, if this is an accurate recap) would be the first one ever over there. And would that make him a potent lottery pick? If all this is true, then this kid is right there with the biggest jump ever from full anonimity to becoming a millionaire within only weeks. I am going to be very interested in reading the buyout clause on his contract with Fuenlabrada indeed.. Oh, and by the way, how possible is for him to get the Spanish passport and thus Spain to have him along with Mirotic and Ibaka?
                    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
                      I didn't watch it, but I was from the beginning definite about the very poor World squad, talent-wise

Anyway... I found these stats online. http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.c...e-hoop-summit/

World Team Final Stats: Bismack Biyombo 12pts, 11rebs, 10blks, 2ast;

If this is true, then Biyombo's triple double (again, if this is an accurate recap) would be the first one ever over there. And would that make him a potent lottery pick? If all this is true, then this kid is right there with the biggest jump ever from full anonimity to becoming a millionaire within only weeks. I am going to be very interested in reading the buyout clause on his contract with Fuenlabrada indeed.. Oh, and by the way, how possible is for him to get the Spanish passport and thus Spain to have him along with Mirotic and Ibaka?
                      From being a nobody playing in Yemen 2 years ago and getting discovered there by coach Mario Palma, getting the chance to play in the ACB, and now this kind of performance in the Nike Hoop Summit.... This is truly amazing for this young talented kid with awesome physical measurements. I really hope he gets the chance to get drafted in the NBA where he can continue working on developing his skills and as mentioned in the thread created for him (thanks to Rik)
                      I also agree with Costa AKA Vissera that we could be seeing the next Ibaka V2....

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post

World Team Final Stats: Bismack Biyombo 12pts, 11rebs, 10blks, 2ast; Mateusz Ponitka 17pts, 4rebs; Kyle Wiltjer 12pts, 0rebs; Evan Fournier 6pts, 6rebs; Kevin Pangos 6pts, 2ast; Bebe 4pts, 6rebs; Guo Ailun 4pts; Davis Bertans 8pts; Dario Saric 7pts; Raul Togni Neto 4pts, 4ast; Przemyslaw Karnowski 0pts, 0rebs, 2ast

Team USA Final Stats: Austin Rivers 20pts, 2rebs, 0ast; Anthony Davis 16pts, 10rebs, 2blks; Michael Gilchrist 16pts, 5rebs, 5blks; Quinn Cook 12pts, 3ast; Bradley Beal 8pts, 4rebs, 3ast; James McAdoo 6pts, 7rebs; Marquis Teague 6pts, 4rebs, 3ast; Rakeem Christmas 2pts, 4rebs, 2blks; Adonis Thomas 2pts, 2blks; Tony Wroten 4pts, 5ast, 2stls

I've read one article that Fuenlabrada will release him because "they don't need player who puts Nike Hoop Summit in front of team"...as I've read, he decided to leave for this game on his own without permission of team so as they say, they don't need him then.
                        I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
                          I've read one article that Fuenlabrada will release him because "they don't need player who puts Nike Hoop Summit in front of team"...as I've read, he decided to leave for this game on his own without permission of team so as they say, they don't need him then.
                          This is very interesting. Do you have a link for that?
                          Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

The guards of the world team were very bad. They also didnt have any post player. With Kabongo and Kanter instead of Pangos and Karnowski the world team would have been so so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by pasha View Post
                              The guards of the world team were very bad. They also didnt have any post player. With Kabongo and Kanter instead of Pangos and Karnowski the world team would have been so so much better.
                              well it's usual that guards world have problems with american players, but it's actuall usual domination of ceters that world was left out. no back to basket game at all. only biyombo was guy who could play. his defensive potetial is insane. tough he does look like man among boys. But Ponitka, Fournier, Guo and perhaps Neto could be OK NBA players from guards. One of best guard crop from world team.

Bebe looked totally confused on court, he remind me of Zubcic, Milicic, Lampe etc. Really doesn't know how to play, where to be on court and put his abiliys on court. One play where Saric waited full secend and more for him to cut (didn't happen) showed how much he lacks of understanding and feal for game. Will took a lot of time till he picks up his game

Anway this US generation is scary with talent. There are sevrel players that could become All-Star players. Unlike usuall display of athletic abilitys from most of players lot of guys here realy knows how to play

Karanowski is just ok euro prospect
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information