No announcement yet.

Bismack Biyombo, the new sensation from DR Congo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Bobcats just have to wait a few months until 4 million Euros is worth $37 and then the buyout will be no problem.
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Biyombo free to sign with Bobcats

from Charlotte Observer

December 19, 2011
      Biyombo free to sign with Bobcats

Rookie Bismack Biyombo has worked out a settlement with his former Spanish team, allowing the power forward-center to sign with the Charlotte Bobcats.

The team, Fuenlabrada, contended Biyombo had a binding contract, which obligated him to pay a large portion of his worldwide earnings back to them. Biyombo sued the team, claiming breach of contract.

The dispute kept FIBA, basketball's international governing body, from issuing a letter of clearance to the NBA that would allow the Bobcats to sign Biyombo. The Bobcats drafted Biyombo seventh overall in June, after acquiring that pick in a three-team deal with the Sacramento Kings and Milwaukee Bucks.

Biyombo had missed the first week of training camp due to the legal entanglement. It's possible he'll be signed with the Bobcats in time to participate in tonight's exhibition against the Atlanta Hawks at Time Warner Cable Arena.

Posted by Observer Sports on December 19, 2011 at 08:19 AM | Permalink

Comment

Biyombo's pre-season debut: 1 pt, 2 rebs, 2 blks & 4 TOs.
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Since Bismack Biyambo has began his NBA career with the Charlotte Bobcats, he has been averaging 3.0 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks per game. You could say he has underachieved and could've definitely ben pulling down more boards are sending more shots back to the stands () but it's only the beginning. He can always improve. So far, the Bobcats have a record of 2-5 thus far.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
            Since Bismack Biyambo has began his NBA career with the Charlotte Bobcats, he has been averaging 3.0 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks per game. You could say he has underachieved and could've definitely ben pulling down more boards are sending more shots back to the stands () but it's only the beginning. He can always improve. So far, the Bobcats have a record of 2-5 thus far.
            I don't think he's underachieving at all. Let's not forget he's still 19. He's been making the most out of the minutes he gets. I just checked and he ranks 4th in blocks per 48 minutes. He really needs to improve his FT shooting though.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Biyombo with his first double-double: 11 points and 10 rebounds to go along with 4 blocks.
              Artificial Nature

Comment

This young guy is starting to come along. 11 points, 7 rebounds and 4 blocks today in a loss to Nets.

Comment

Career-high 7 blocks and 13 rebounds to go along with 8 points.
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

COD - Biyombo : “I feel completely adapted to the NBA”

NEW YORK (NBA) - It has been a season to forget for the Charlotte Bobcats. With only seven wins out of 57 games, the North Carolina-based franchise is the worst team in the NBA by some distance. However, there is a silver lining thanks to the development of rookie Bismack Biyombo.

In light of the poor results, rumours started to emerge a few weeks ago that team owner and NBA icon Michael Jordan would consider selling the Bobcats if the situation didn’t improve.

But in a time rife with disappointment for Charlotte, the emergence of Congolse big man Biyombo has been a rare bright spot for the Bobcats.

The 19-year-old player has been showing the world what he’s made of lately, since sliding into the starting line-up.

Biyombo has come a long way since he was discovered three years ago in Yemen by current Portugal national team head coach Mario Palma.

Since his spell in the Middle East, the career of the Lumbumbashi-born big man has been on a meteoric rise.

Signed by Spanish club CB Illescas and then transferred to Liga Endesa’s Baloncesto Fuenlabrada, Biyombo had an immediate impact on the Madrid metropolitan area-based team.

After some impressive games in the Spanish first division, he had the opportunity to show his talent to the world when he received an invitation to take part in the world’s famous Nike Hoop Summit in Portland in April 2011.

The African teenager performed excellently and made history in registering the game's first-ever triple double with 12 points, 11 rebounds and 10 blocks.

After convincing NBA scouts that he could play in the world’s best league, Biyombo was selected with the 7th overall pick in last year’s NBA Draft by the Sacramento Kings. A few hours after being chosen by the California franchise, he was traded to the Bobcats.

FIBA.com caught up with the youngest player in the NBA to talk about his season so far and his nascent career.

FIBA: Bismack, the season for the Charlotte Bobcats will end in two weeks. How has your rookie campaign gone?
                    Biyombo: My first season has been going well. I had some difficulties at the beginning because I had to adapt myself to the team. It was a new world for me. During the first weeks, I didn’t have a lot of opportunities to play, but I kept working hard and getting ready for my chance to come. But now I feel good and completely adapted to the NBA. I’m in the starting line-up and happy to spend a lot of minutes on the court. Playing helps me to improve my game.

FIBA: Which aspects of your game do you think you’ve been improving since you arrived in the NBA?
                    Biyombo: I’ve been improving in all the aspects of the game, both on offense and defense. I think that I’m a better player now. I’ve been also learning how to better read the game and to position myself in offensive plays. I want to be the best player I can, and to achieve that I know that I still have a lot to learn. I’m a hard worker and want to improve my game every single day.

FIBA: The Charlotte Bobcats are the worst team in the league this season. How do you feel about that?
                    Biyombo: I feel very frustrated about it. It’s not always easy to live in that kind of situation. We’ve been having a lot of bad times and a lot of defeats, but we need to finish the season strong. This is a transition year for the team. The group is still young and we need to work hard to do better next season.

FIBA: How is it to live without Boris Diaw, the captain of the French national team, who was your mentor in Charlotte?
                    Biyombo: Boris helped me a lot when I first arrived in Charlotte. He’s an older brother for me. We were always together and he gave me a lot of advice about the NBA. He’s an extraordinary player and a fantastic teammate. But he left the club and now he’s been doing well in San Antonio. When I first found out about his departure from Charlotte, I was a little bit sad. But that’s the way it is in the NBA.

FIBA: You left your native Congo at 16 to play in Yemen where you met current Portugal national team coach Mario Palma. Can you tell us about getting your big break in basketball?
                    Biyombo: I first met Mario Palma in a regional competition, where he was coaching a team from Jordan. After a game between his team and the one I was playing for, we had a long talk and he asked me about my age. I answered him that I was 16 years old. Right after saying that, he told me that he would help me to play basketball in another country where the level was higher than in the Middle East. After a few weeks of exchanging e-mails, he helped me get in touch with a sports’ agent based in Spain. Thanks to him, I had the opportunity to have some trials in Spain and I signed a contract with a Spanish club. Mario has been one of the most important people I’ve met in my career so far, and I’ll always be very thankful to him for the help he gave me.

FIBA: After some very good games with Fuenlabrada Baloncesto, you received an invitation to play in the Hoop Summit. How important was this game for you?
                    Biyombo: I thank God every day for giving me the chance to take part in this event. This game was really important for me because it was a great opportunity to show my skills to the NBA scouts. I wanted to be known it the USA and this was a unique opportunity to do so. Even though the week I spent in Portland was very hectic, I was always relaxed and confident.

FIBA: You had a fantastic performance, getting the first triple-double in the game’s history.
                    Biyombo: I was feeling really good during the whole game. At the end of the game, I knew that I had a double-double, but I never thought that I’d had a triple-double. I didn’t believe it until one of the officials confirmed it for me. It was incredible. I was so proud of myself. This night changed my life forever. I convinced all the scouts that I was able to play in the NBA. That performance helped me to get into the NBA for sure.
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

any 6'10 Congolese players who are U-16?
                      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information