Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member Introduction Thread (Middle East)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello.....im karim....20 years...most pinoys know me cuz i,ve been here for around a year but almost none of the lebanese know me cuz most of them are new......im with the baby bulls and pheonix suns in the NBA , but mostly the bulls....and i hope Lebanon win asia this year and go to the olympics....yalla lebanon all the way..........

Comment

Originally posted by karim
      hello.....im karim....20 years...most pinoys know me cuz i,ve been here for around a year but almost none of the lebanese know me cuz most of them are new......im with the baby bulls and pheonix suns in the NBA , but mostly the bulls....and i hope Lebanon win asia this year and go to the olympics....yalla lebanon all the way..........
      Karim is great 3 pts shooter btw
      Last edited by daniab; 08-24-2008, 03:28 PM.
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Hello Daniab and Karim....

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack
          Hello Daniab and Karim....
          Welcome bro,nice to meet u here.
          Proud to be Lebanese
          www.arabasket.com

Comment

I'm Georges 18 years ,i live in lebanon .
            I'm with LEBANON NT to the death and a Dallas fan .
            my favorite players dirk nowitski , fadi l khatib and tracy mcgrady .

Gd luck for lebanon in asian championship

Comment

im new member here!!! daniab your the Man!!! Peace Bro Good luck Lebanese and Pilipino.. Tom is WAR Fiba ASIA is comming I hope lebanon and phil meet the finals!

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack
                im new member here!!! daniab your the Man!!! Peace Bro Good luck Lebanese and Pilipino.. Tom is WAR Fiba ASIA is comming I hope lebanon and phil meet the finals!
                One more time,you are welcome here.
                I join my voice to you,hope we meet u in the finals.
                Good luck.
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

the lebanese member r like our NT , we only show up for the big events BABY !!!
                  so expect some lebanese members to be active when asia champ starts (hopefully!).

Comment

Originally posted by YAROUNI10
                    the lebanese member r like our NT , we only show up for the big events BABY !!!
                    so expect some lebanese members to be active when asia champ starts (hopefully!).
                    wow, party people ei

I thought Lebanese doesn't care about basketball forums coz I haven't seen more than 2 or 3 here when I was new. btw, how about the other nationalities in the Mid-East and Gulf? Kuwaitis? Saudis? Qataris? etc..? where the hell are they?
                    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                      btw, how about the other nationalities in the Mid-East and Gulf? Kuwaitis? Saudis? Qataris? etc..? where the hell are they?
                      well , you see BB isn't famous this these countries and even if some of them cared they would rather watch NBA or euro L than their countries , and rightly so !
                      some may find it difficult in a English forum with different type /nationalist people .(i am not trying to be racist )

Comment

Originally posted by YAROUNI10
                        well , you see BB isn't famous this these countries and even if some of them cared they would rather watch NBA or euro L than their countries , and rightly so !
                        some may find it difficult in a English forum with different type /nationalist people .(i am not trying to be racist )
                        tnx for the info dude, very much apreciated
                        It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                        I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

lebanese eyes

hi im ramy from lebanon but i live in france , nice forum
                          liban a la vie a la mort
                          lebanon for the end
                          lebnen lal mawt

Comment

hi i am YinkaDare from the beautiful islands of the philippines. I thank you.. Bow...

anyway....Hello guys...Am i Welcome here?

Comment

Yinka Dare

In the NBA, Dare played 110 games in four seasons with the Nets; in his rookie campaign, Dare played for three minutes (thereby earning over $300,000 per minute and the nickname "The Three-Minute Egg") before getting injured (torn ACL) and missing the rest of the season. The Nets left him unprotected during the 1995 expansion draft, but he was not selected by either the Toronto Raptors or the Vancouver Grizzlies. In his first full season (1995-96), in which he played a personal best 58 out of 82 games, he turned the ball over 72 times while registering no assists [2]. He still holds the NBA record for most consecutive minutes played without an assist. During his four-year career, he would rack up a grand total of four assists accompanied by 96 turnovers, creating one of the worst assists-to-turnover ratios of all time. For his career, he averaged only 2.1 points, 2.6 rebounds, and less than 0.1 assists per game.

By midway through his third season in 1996-97, the search for Dare's first assist had taken on a life of its own. Several times, Nets fans booed when players missed shots that would have earned Dare his first dime. In January, Khalid Reeves missed an open three-pointer, prompting Dare to later say, "Maybe next game I'll get the same thing and get this over with."

A few nights later, Dare ended 77 games and 770 minutes of frustration when he finally got his first assist. Teammate Jayson Williams laughed that Yinka was so happy about his assist that he "came in after the game and started passing out the towels."

Because of his underwhelming performance and distinct name, Dare was subject to frequent ridicule from fans and players. He was commonly referred to (even by his own teammate Kenny Anderson) as "Stinka" Dare or as the "Black Hole", due to the joke that the ball, once in his hands, "disappeared" after one of his frequent turnovers. One writer also said that "Dare" was Nigerian for "comes to NBA without game."

Almost tragicomic was the fact that in spite of his ineptitude, he straight-facedly compared his game to NBA legends like Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and Shaquille O'Neal at his post-draft press conference, stating that "For instance, Shaq is explosive around the basket, and I am, too", and that "If I play my best, I'll be better than some of the best big men who ever played. I'm going to be an All-Star. In a couple of years I can be an All-Star and play with the best centers in the NBA. The teams that didn't draft me made a mistake." Then he labeled himself "a great defensive center. A great offensive center. An ideal center." Finally he said: "I have high expectations for myself. I'm confident and self-motivated. I've been on my own for a couple of years now and I've come a long way. I plan to play a long time in this league and to do as much as I can for the Nets."

At the end of his third season, his agent, Brad Marshall burst into a postgame press conference and began yelling at Nets coach John Calipari: "Why isn't Yinka Dare playing? It seems to me he deserves to play. He did everything he was asked and still isn't getting an opportunity. Enough is enough. Trade him, waive him, or play him." Calipari chuckled, and replied: "Oh, that will get him playing time," and traded him to the Orlando Magic in 1998, where he was immediately cut and retired soon after.

He played intermittently in other leagues including the Continental Basketball Association and United States Basketball League until 2003.

After his playing career
                              Dare died in 2004 after collapsing in his home in New Jersey. A medical examiner determined that Dare had a heart attack due to an arrhythmia condition discovered when he was in college.

Lucious Harris, who joined the Nets in 1997-98, Dare's final season said "It's a bad situation. I feel for his family. Just 32, to have a heart attack, that's scary. It always seemed like he was in shape. But things happen and you don't understand why."

Kerry Kittles, who played with Dare in the latter's final two Nets seasons said: "He was a quiet guy, didn't talk that much. He worked hard - he didn't really play much, but he was a fun guy to be around. [He was] young: It makes you think... anything can happen any time. It's in the back of your mind [that] it could happen to you."

Mike Jarvis, who coached Dare at George Washington, told The Washington Post, "Yinka was a kind, gentle person. He was nice to my family, as respectful as anybody I've come into contact with. I don't remember him having a bad word to say about anybody; just a nice, sweet kid."

Dare is survived by parents Gabriel and Joan, two sisters and a brother
                              Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Originally posted by thugpinoy
                                Yinka Dare

In the NBA, Dare played 110 games in four seasons with the Nets; in his rookie campaign, Dare played for three minutes (thereby earning over $300,000 per minute and the nickname "The Three-Minute Egg") before getting injured (torn ACL) and missing the rest of the season. The Nets left him unprotected during the 1995 expansion draft, but he was not selected by either the Toronto Raptors or the Vancouver Grizzlies. In his first full season (1995-96), in which he played a personal best 58 out of 82 games, he turned the ball over 72 times while registering no assists [2]. He still holds the NBA record for most consecutive minutes played without an assist. During his four-year career, he would rack up a grand total of four assists accompanied by 96 turnovers, creating one of the worst assists-to-turnover ratios of all time. For his career, he averaged only 2.1 points, 2.6 rebounds, and less than 0.1 assists per game.

By midway through his third season in 1996-97, the search for Dare's first assist had taken on a life of its own. Several times, Nets fans booed when players missed shots that would have earned Dare his first dime. In January, Khalid Reeves missed an open three-pointer, prompting Dare to later say, "Maybe next game I'll get the same thing and get this over with."

A few nights later, Dare ended 77 games and 770 minutes of frustration when he finally got his first assist. Teammate Jayson Williams laughed that Yinka was so happy about his assist that he "came in after the game and started passing out the towels."

Because of his underwhelming performance and distinct name, Dare was subject to frequent ridicule from fans and players. He was commonly referred to (even by his own teammate Kenny Anderson) as "Stinka" Dare or as the "Black Hole", due to the joke that the ball, once in his hands, "disappeared" after one of his frequent turnovers. One writer also said that "Dare" was Nigerian for "comes to NBA without game."

Almost tragicomic was the fact that in spite of his ineptitude, he straight-facedly compared his game to NBA legends like Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and Shaquille O'Neal at his post-draft press conference, stating that "For instance, Shaq is explosive around the basket, and I am, too", and that "If I play my best, I'll be better than some of the best big men who ever played. I'm going to be an All-Star. In a couple of years I can be an All-Star and play with the best centers in the NBA. The teams that didn't draft me made a mistake." Then he labeled himself "a great defensive center. A great offensive center. An ideal center." Finally he said: "I have high expectations for myself. I'm confident and self-motivated. I've been on my own for a couple of years now and I've come a long way. I plan to play a long time in this league and to do as much as I can for the Nets."

At the end of his third season, his agent, Brad Marshall burst into a postgame press conference and began yelling at Nets coach John Calipari: "Why isn't Yinka Dare playing? It seems to me he deserves to play. He did everything he was asked and still isn't getting an opportunity. Enough is enough. Trade him, waive him, or play him." Calipari chuckled, and replied: "Oh, that will get him playing time," and traded him to the Orlando Magic in 1998, where he was immediately cut and retired soon after.

He played intermittently in other leagues including the Continental Basketball Association and United States Basketball League until 2003.

After his playing career
                                Dare died in 2004 after collapsing in his home in New Jersey. A medical examiner determined that Dare had a heart attack due to an arrhythmia condition discovered when he was in college.

Lucious Harris, who joined the Nets in 1997-98, Dare's final season said "It's a bad situation. I feel for his family. Just 32, to have a heart attack, that's scary. It always seemed like he was in shape. But things happen and you don't understand why."

Kerry Kittles, who played with Dare in the latter's final two Nets seasons said: "He was a quiet guy, didn't talk that much. He worked hard - he didn't really play much, but he was a fun guy to be around. [He was] young: It makes you think... anything can happen any time. It's in the back of your mind [that] it could happen to you."

Mike Jarvis, who coached Dare at George Washington, told The Washington Post, "Yinka was a kind, gentle person. He was nice to my family, as respectful as anybody I've come into contact with. I don't remember him having a bad word to say about anybody; just a nice, sweet kid."

Dare is survived by parents Gabriel and Joan, two sisters and a brother
                                That's what make him special...
                                By the way...thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information