Jan 22 South Korea 1 Iran 0

1/2 Finals

Jan 25 Japan 5 South Korea 2
    Jan 25 Australia 6 Uzbekistan 0

3rd to 4th Place

Jan 28 South Korea 3 Uzbekistan 2

Final

Jan 29 Japan 1 Australia 0
    Last edited by Kings; 11-28-2020, 09:38 AM.

Originally posted by Kings View Post

Group A
    Jan 07 Qatar vs. Uzbekistan
    Jan 08 Kuwait vs. China
    Jan 12 Uzbekistan vs. Kuwait
    Jan 12 China vs. Qatar
    Jan 16 Qatar vs. Kuwait
    Jan 16 China vs. Uzbekistan

Group B
    Jan 09 Japan vs. Jordan
    Jan 09 Saudi Arabia vs. Syria
    Jan 13 Jordan vs. Saudi Arabia
    Jan 13 Syria vs. Japan
    Jan 17 Saudi Arabia vs. Japan
    Jan 17 Jordan vs. Syria

Group C
    Jan 10 India vs. Australia
    Jan 10 South Korea vs. Bahrain
    Jan 14 Australia vs. South Korea
    Jan 14 Bahrain vs. India
    Jan 18 South Korea vs. India
    Jan 18 Australia vs. Bahrain

Group D
    Jan 11 North Korea vs. United Arab Emirates
    Jan 11 Iraq vs. Iran
    Jan 15 Iran vs. North Korea
    Jan 15 United Arab Emirates vs. Iraq
    Jan 19 Iraq vs. North Korea
    Jan 19 United Arab Emirates vs. Iran

Long live Asian Football!
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

From the-afc.com.

Game On! Friday, 07 January 2011 00:39
      Doha: Emblazoned on the some of the signs that festoon the highways, byways and facades of the futuristic buildings that dominate the Doha skyline are the words “Game On!” and those words ring true when the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2011™ finally kicks-off on Friday.

Organisers have spared no expense on preparing the facilities and venues for the 15th edition of Asia’s premier tournament and now it is time for the continent’s best players to live up to their end of the bargain when the action starts tomorrow.

“We have vowed that this will be the best ever AFC Asian Cup and we are confident in saying this because not only have the standards of players and refereeing improved in Asia but the Qatar Local Organising Committee have arranged for the best facilities, such as hotels, transport and food,” AFC Director of Competitions Tokuaki Suzuki said at a media briefing on Thursday.

“We want to see a tournament that more than matches the standards of FIFA and UEFA events.”

Hosts Qatar and Uzbekistan begin proceedings with the Group A opener at what is expected to be a packed-to-capacity Khalifa Stadium with those not lucky enough to score the hottest ticket in town able to enjoy the game at the AFC Asian Cup Fanzone or by joining the hundreds of millions of fans throughout the world who will be watching the live broadcast of the match on TV.

An opening match is always a difficult one to call as nobody can predict how the players will be able to handle the pressure of the occasion. Will the 50,000 or so fans backing Qatar carry Al Annabi (the Maroon) to glory or will the less experienced players succumb to stage fright?

And previous form between the two sides doesn’t help either. Uzbekistan may have recorded a 4-0 victory when they last played – a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier back in March 2009 in Tashkent – but Qatar are undefeated in the three games played in Doha, winning 3-0 and 2-1, in 2008 and 2006 respectively, with the latter match coming five years after a 2-2 draw.

That draw was their first meeting in the Qatar capital and was part of a 2002 World Cup qualifying double-header, the first of which was held in Tashkent and ended with a 2-1 win for the Uzbeks.

Interestingly, the first official fixture between Qatar and Uzbekistan took place during the AFC Asian Cup finals, with a 73rd minute strike from Uzbek legend Mirdjalal Kasimov cancelling out Mohammed Gholam’s opener on the hour mark as the spoils in Saida were shared following their Group C clash at Lebanon 2000.

And now, having avoided each other at the next two editions of the AFC Asian Cup, the sides meet again only this time on an infinitely bigger stage and a significantly bigger audience.

“Game On!” indeed.
      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Uzbekistan 2 - Cheaters 0

nice goal by Odil Ahmedov !

Comment

F*ck, missed the opening game However, glad that Uzbekis won

Awesome that Eurosport2 will broadcast lot of game (maybe even all), such Continental tournaments is always pleasure to watch

Comment

Hard Luck for Qatar today.. i was expecting this result..
            Hoping that one of the arab teams win this tournament.. maybe Saudi Arabia .. they have the biggest chance between the arab teams.. ( btw UAE has a Team that could do something special but in the future.. they are working on their youth same for N.Korea.. Both are having great results on the YOUTH level..
            but in this cup 2011, there is alot of gd teams in the tournament.. S.Korea,Japan,Saudi Arabia and Australia.. maybe N.Korea with a little chance " the team that reached WC 2010 "..

But in My opinion Japan is the Team to Beat.. they have the strongest team..
            I Want Saudi Arabia to win it " strongest arab team".. but i do think that this time the cup will go to JAPAN!!

" Maybe in the Future Lebanon will have a gd team .. nshalla so we can cheer for our country"

----------------------

BTW i'am an Football Addict..
            Barca Fan
            Last edited by khaledlebanon; 01-08-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

From the-afc.com.

Kuwait vs China: Referee lowdown Saturday, 08 January 2011 16:52
              Referee Benjamin Williams in action (AFP filepic)

Doha: Benjamin Williams will referee the Kuwait versus China match on Saturday at the Al Gharafa Stadium.
              Williams of Australia was born on 14th April 1977 and lives in Canberra. He is a physical education and outdoor education teacher.
              He has been an international referee since 2005 and his first international was the New Caledonia versus Solomon Islands match.
              His hobbies are enjoying the outdoors, spending time with his family and friends.
              Williams’ fondest memory is of the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
              He will be assisted in today’s match by Benjamin Wilson (AUS) and Hakan Anaz (AUS).

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by obama2008 View Post
                Kuwait vs China: Referee lowdown Saturday, 08 January 2011 16:52
                Referee Benjamin Williams in action (AFP filepic)

Doha: Benjamin Williams will referee the Kuwait versus China match on Saturday at the Al Gharafa Stadium.
                Williams of Australia was born on 14th April 1977 and lives in Canberra. He is a physical education and outdoor education teacher.
                He has been an international referee since 2005 and his first international was the New Caledonia versus Solomon Islands match.
                His hobbies are enjoying the outdoors, spending time with his family and friends.
                Williams’ fondest memory is of the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
                He will be assisted in today’s match by Benjamin Wilson (AUS) and Hakan Anaz (AUS).
                LOooL @ your pic

do u i have to remind "5" :P

Comment

This ref is def the hero of the game: clear penalty for Kuwait not given, didn't see the ball crossed China's goal-line... after that China scored twice and seems like game is over

Comment

I watched most of the match between Syria and Saudi Arabia (Syria won 2-1) last night and would have been surprised of the result hadn't I watched the game.

Both Syrian goals came of deflections of Saudi players and Saudi Arabia simply played an awful game. This doesn't take away from the fact that Syria deserved the victory as their offense proved to be a problem for the Saudi defenders and since they played better than the Saudi side...

Comment

5th match day of AFC Asian Cup 2011

10 January 2011 16:15
                      INDIA-AUSTRALIA
                      Al Sadd Stadium

10 January 2011 19:15
                      KOREA REPUBLIC-BAHRAIN
                      Al Gharafa Stadium

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Seeing Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Qatar lose is always fun. Iranian fans hate these teams (especially Saudi and Bahrain)

India is a VERY weak team, shame on AFC ! why India is here ? by winning the the AFC Challenge Cup, very low level tournament.

now let's just see how iran plays tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by mohsena2631 View Post
                          Seeing Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Qatar lose is always fun. Iranian fans hate these teams (especially Saudi and Bahrain)

India is a VERY weak team, shame on AFC ! why India is here ? by winning the the AFC Challenge Cup, very low level tournament.

now let's just see how iran plays tomorrow
                          Australia had a good practice game for its' players today against India.. They could have scored twice as many goals if they were playing full force.
                          I'm sure the Indian fans though are happy to just see their team playing (I read that 80% of the tickets for this match were sold the majority of them for those from India which has quite a large contingency in Qatar)

The Arab teams so far have been quite disappointing in this tournament but let's see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                            I watched most of the match between Syria and Saudi Arabia (Syria won 2-1) last night and would have been surprised of the result hadn't I watched the game.

Both Syrian goals came of deflections of Saudi players and Saudi Arabia simply played an awful game. This doesn't take away from the fact that Syria deserved the victory as their offense proved to be a problem for the Saudi defenders and since they played better than the Saudi side...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia/...-against-syria
                            great game by our team,Jihad Al-Hussien,Sanhraib Malki and Nadim Sabagh played a great game.

I hope that our team will continue like in the same way

Comment

good start for Iran but we need to improve in this tournament from game to game. both teams will probably make it to quarterfinals

Gamble on Mobali paid off. His set pieces were dangerous all the way.

good lesson for this idiot Sidka (Iraq's coach) to not underestimate the best team of Asian Cup history.
                              Last edited by mohsena2631; 01-11-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information