Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 111

Thread: Philippine Volleyball

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    4,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theImbaguy View Post
    omg! where did the images go?! ugh can some teach me how to post images? pls...
    [i m g ] insert img link here [/ i m g ]
    you know why I am happy

  2. #22
    Senior Member jcbernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Biñan, Laguna
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Unbeaten Lady Archers may forfeit 4 volley wins
    Jasmine W. Payo
    First Posted 01:31:00 16/01/2011


    MANILA---La Salle faces forfeiture of four of its seven victories in a remarkable first-round sweep of UAAP women's volleyball after two players were found to have violated league rules by competing in a commercial tournament.

    Edwin Reyes, director of La Salle's Office of Sports Development, said the school informed the UAAP board yesterday of the violation involving bench players Carmela Garbin and Clarisse Yeng.

    The incident came on the heels of the NCAA's disqualification of semifinalists Perpetual Help and St. Benilde for the same offense in women's volleyball.

    Both varsity leagues prohibit players in all sports from competing in other tournaments for the duration of the season.

    "We're willing to face the consequences," Reyes said, adding La Salle had already suspended Garbin and Yeung for their unauthorized participation in the Vikings Cup tournament hosted by World Citi Colleges.

    St. Benilde's Arriane Yap and Janel Lim played in the same tournament, while Perpetual Help standouts Ronerry dela Cruz and April Ann Sartin competed in an inter-village meet.

    Setter Garbin and blocker Yeung played four matchers for the Lady Archers this season.

    La Salle completed the weep last Wednesday with a 25-20, 25-19, 25-12 upset of defending champion University of Santo Tomas.

    source
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

  3. #23
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,315
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcbernardo View Post
    Unbeaten Lady Archers may forfeit 4 volley wins
    Jasmine W. Payo
    First Posted 01:31:00 16/01/2011


    MANILA---La Salle faces forfeiture of four of its seven victories in a remarkable first-round sweep of UAAP women's volleyball after two players were found to have violated league rules by competing in a commercial tournament.

    Edwin Reyes, director of La Salle's Office of Sports Development, said the school informed the UAAP board yesterday of the violation involving bench players Carmela Garbin and Clarisse Yeng.

    The incident came on the heels of the NCAA's disqualification of semifinalists Perpetual Help and St. Benilde for the same offense in women's volleyball.

    Both varsity leagues prohibit players in all sports from competing in other tournaments for the duration of the season.

    "We're willing to face the consequences," Reyes said, adding La Salle had already suspended Garbin and Yeung for their unauthorized participation in the Vikings Cup tournament hosted by World Citi Colleges.

    St. Benilde's Arriane Yap and Janel Lim played in the same tournament, while Perpetual Help standouts Ronerry dela Cruz and April Ann Sartin competed in an inter-village meet.

    Setter Garbin and blocker Yeung played four matchers for the Lady Archers this season.

    La Salle completed the weep last Wednesday with a 25-20, 25-19, 25-12 upset of defending champion University of Santo Tomas.

    source
    unfortunate things happen to 3 teams.. who will benefit from 4 losses from DLSU? lucky for them..

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Zona Norte
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    TIMEOUT! One of the many Lasalle players who's got good looks and spunk. Deym!


  5. #25
    Senior Member jcbernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Biñan, Laguna
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    unfortunate things happen to 3 teams.. who will benefit from 4 losses from DLSU? lucky for them..
    if they do, the maximum wins they can get is 10. that's good enough for a final 4 spot. but they will surely have competition ahead.
    Last edited by jcbernardo; 01-18-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

  6. #26
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,315
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    IF their's an RP womens Volleyball team, this would likely my team

    Rachelle Daquis
    Venus Bernal
    Mary Jean Balse
    Gata
    Suzanne Roces
    Aiza Maiso
    Denise Tan
    Jacq Allarca
    Angela Benting
    Stephanie Mercado

    Coaches: Roger Gorayeb, Dulce Pante, Nels Familiar

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    4,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    IF their's an RP womens Volleyball team, this would likely my team

    Rachelle Daquis
    Venus Bernal
    Mary Jean Balse
    Gata
    Suzanne Roces
    Aiza Maiso
    Denise Tan
    Jacq Allarca
    Angela Benting
    Stephanie Mercado

    Coaches: Roger Gorayeb, Dulce Pante, Nels Familiar
    No Manilla Santos?
    you know why I am happy

  8. #28
    Senior Member jcbernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Biñan, Laguna
    Posts
    122

    Default

    according to some forums. 5 players from DLSU and 3 from UST were invited to join the national team.

    ****
    Daquis' tweet: FEU not joining V-league this april

    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

  9. #29
    Senior Member eindhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,042
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcbernardo View Post
    according to some forums. 5 players from DLSU and 3 from UST were invited to join the national team.

    ****
    Daquis' tweet: FEU not joining V-league this april

    Kindly post the link here.. Thanks..
    Smart Gilas + PBA + Heart + Unity = BASKETBALL SUPREMACY IN ASIA!

    UST Engineering Football Team member..

    Proud to be a Thomasian @ 400!

    UNITE FOR THE COUNTRY!

    Twitter: @eindhow

  10. #30
    Senior Member jcbernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Biñan, Laguna
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eindhow View Post
    Kindly post the link here.. Thanks..
    sorry, i don't have links. i believe there's no printed news yet .but it's all over facebook. check it. =)
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

  11. #31
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,315
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b3lowzro View Post
    No Manilla Santos?
    she can be a libero for the team..

  12. #32
    Senior Member jcbernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Biñan, Laguna
    Posts
    122

    Default

    La Salle lady spikers outlast UST
    Mark Simon Vincent C. Giongco
    First Posted 01:38:20 14/02/2011



    MANILA---Almost but not quite.


    De La Salle prevailed anew, but for the first time was pushed to the limit against defending champion University of Santo Tomas before grinding out a 25-20, 25-27, 18-25, 25-22, 15-12, thriller in the 73rd UAAP Women’s Volleyball tournament at the Filiol Flying V Arena in San Juan.


    On the brink of a legitimate defeat, the Lady Spikers regrouped as they outlasted the Tigresses in the last two sets to finish the elimination round in dominating fashion with a 13-1 mark.


    “It was not like the La Salle I know, when they saw UST came back, they felt the pressure,” said DLSU coach Ramil De Jesus.

    “Good thing the crowd was there for us, they were a big factor for us winning.”


    La Salle had five players in double-figure scoring anchored by its skipper Cha Cruz, who finished with 17 points.


    The game was figured to be nip-and-tuck, and it lived up to its billing.


    Both squads went tit-for-tat in the deciding set before the Lady Spikers found that extra gear, provided by Stephanie Mercado and Michelle Gumabao, who conspired for the last four points of the match.


    UST, which rose from an 11-19 deficit in the second set, had a chance to close the game out as it led 17-14 in the fourth set, but blew the opportunity as a slew of errors shifted the momentum back to La Salle.


    Reigning MVP Aiza Maizo had her usual numbers as she topscored with 20 points for the second-place Tigresses, whose card dropped to10-4.


    In the curtain raiser, Adamson clinched the third spot following a three-setter beat down of Ateneo, 25-14, 25-21, 25-16.


    Fifth-year spiker Angela Benting dominated anew with 19 points, 14 of which came from attacks as the Lady Falcons took full advantage of the Lady Eagles’ erroneous play.


    Pau Soriano backed Benting’s scoring barrage as she chipped in 12 markers.


    “She (Benting) is finally maturing. I told her and Pau (Soriano) that they should be the one in charge of the team as veterans,” said Adamson coach Dulce Pante.


    “We really planned for it (to meet UST in the semifinals),” she added.


    The Final Four will officially start on Wednesday with UST facing third seed Adamson and La Salle tangling against archrival Ateneo on Saturday.

    "The battle starts on Saturday," De Jesus finished.
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    IF their's an RP womens Volleyball team, this would likely my team

    Rachelle Daquis
    Venus Bernal
    Mary Jean Balse
    Gata
    Suzanne Roces
    Aiza Maiso
    Denise Tan
    Jacq Allarca
    Angela Benting
    Stephanie Mercado

    Coaches: Roger Gorayeb, Dulce Pante, Nels Familiar

    pics please...
    heheheheehe!

  14. #34
    Senior Member jcbernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Biñan, Laguna
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kikomatsing View Post
    pics please...
    heheheheehe!

    here you go..

    Mommy Dulce Pante



    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

  15. #35
    Senior Member jcbernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Biñan, Laguna
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Finals on Wednesday. La Salle vs UST. game 1. 3:00PM
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

  16. #36
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,315
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcbernardo View Post
    here you go..

    Mommy Dulce Pante



    her adamson teams are very good in terms of floor defense..

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcbernardo View Post
    here you go..

    Mommy Dulce Pante




    OMG!!!!.....
    not that!
    HAHAHAAHHAHA!

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    6,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcbernardo View Post
    here you go..

    Mommy Dulce Pante



    You gotta admit, baby got back.
    Keep running, big boy.

  19. #39
    Senior Member jcbernardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Biñan, Laguna
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    her adamson teams are very good in terms of floor defense..
    yes, specially ...





    graduated last year. good thing they've found a great replacement....




    Angel Vasquez
    -SVL Season 7.2 Best Libero
    Last edited by jcbernardo; 02-22-2011 at 02:06 AM.
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

  20. #40
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,315
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    bad thing that benting didnt won a championship during his career in uaap.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •