Philippine Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eindhow View Post
    Don't watch volleyball other than UST games.. And I'm surprised that Vivas and Tiangco are out.. It's like the Santiago issue again..
    6-4 Dindin Santiago left UST for educational reasons. NU offered Dindin a scholarship far more financially helpful than the one offered by UST.

the case of the FEU players are quite different and more intriguing.

hehe
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

Comment

Originally posted by jcbernardo View Post
      6-4 Dindin Santiago left UST for educational reasons. NU offered Dindin a scholarship far more financially helpful than the one offered by UST.

the case of the FEU players are quite different and more intriguing.

hehe
      I don't want to speculate but I think that's only part of the decision.. Though Dindin is really a good girl they say..

One thing why she transferred because she took up a course which is really expensive: Tourism.. Maybe if she just shifted to another course..
      Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

women's volleyball is a sexy game.

Comment

some of the reasons why i love volleyball

if you disagree im gonna kick you in the nuts....
          haha just kidding!!!!
          Last edited by theImbaguy; 01-14-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

omg! where did the images go?! ugh can some teach me how to post images? pls...

Comment

Originally posted by theImbaguy View Post
              omg! where did the images go?! ugh can some teach me how to post images? pls...
              [i m g ] insert img link here [/ i m g ]
              you know why I am happy

Comment

Unbeaten Lady Archers may forfeit 4 volley wins
                Jasmine W. Payo
                First Posted 01:31:00 16/01/2011

MANILA---La Salle faces forfeiture of four of its seven victories in a remarkable first-round sweep of UAAP women's volleyball after two players were found to have violated league rules by competing in a commercial tournament.

Edwin Reyes, director of La Salle's Office of Sports Development, said the school informed the UAAP board yesterday of the violation involving bench players Carmela Garbin and Clarisse Yeng.

The incident came on the heels of the NCAA's disqualification of semifinalists Perpetual Help and St. Benilde for the same offense in women's volleyball.

Both varsity leagues prohibit players in all sports from competing in other tournaments for the duration of the season.

"We're willing to face the consequences," Reyes said, adding La Salle had already suspended Garbin and Yeung for their unauthorized participation in the Vikings Cup tournament hosted by World Citi Colleges.

St. Benilde's Arriane Yap and Janel Lim played in the same tournament, while Perpetual Help standouts Ronerry dela Cruz and April Ann Sartin competed in an inter-village meet.

Setter Garbin and blocker Yeung played four matchers for the Lady Archers this season.

La Salle completed the weep last Wednesday with a 25-20, 25-19, 25-12 upset of defending champion University of Santo Tomas.

source
                "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

Comment

Unbeaten Lady Archers may forfeit 4 volley wins
                  Jasmine W. Payo
                  First Posted 01:31:00 16/01/2011

MANILA---La Salle faces forfeiture of four of its seven victories in a remarkable first-round sweep of UAAP women's volleyball after two players were found to have violated league rules by competing in a commercial tournament.

Edwin Reyes, director of La Salle's Office of Sports Development, said the school informed the UAAP board yesterday of the violation involving bench players Carmela Garbin and Clarisse Yeng.

The incident came on the heels of the NCAA's disqualification of semifinalists Perpetual Help and St. Benilde for the same offense in women's volleyball.

Both varsity leagues prohibit players in all sports from competing in other tournaments for the duration of the season.

"We're willing to face the consequences," Reyes said, adding La Salle had already suspended Garbin and Yeung for their unauthorized participation in the Vikings Cup tournament hosted by World Citi Colleges.

St. Benilde's Arriane Yap and Janel Lim played in the same tournament, while Perpetual Help standouts Ronerry dela Cruz and April Ann Sartin competed in an inter-village meet.

Setter Garbin and blocker Yeung played four matchers for the Lady Archers this season.

La Salle completed the weep last Wednesday with a 25-20, 25-19, 25-12 upset of defending champion University of Santo Tomas.

source
                  unfortunate things happen to 3 teams.. who will benefit from 4 losses from DLSU? lucky for them..
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

TIMEOUT! One of the many Lasalle players who's got good looks and spunk. Deym!

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      unfortunate things happen to 3 teams.. who will benefit from 4 losses from DLSU? lucky for them..
                      if they do, the maximum wins they can get is 10. that's good enough for a final 4 spot. but they will surely have competition ahead.
                      Last edited by jcbernardo; 01-18-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

IF their's an RP womens Volleyball team, this would likely my team

Rachelle Daquis
                        Venus Bernal
                        Mary Jean Balse
                        Gata
                        Suzanne Roces
                        Aiza Maiso
                        Denise Tan
                        Jacq Allarca
                        Angela Benting
                        Stephanie Mercado

Coaches: Roger Gorayeb, Dulce Pante, Nels Familiar
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          IF their's an RP womens Volleyball team, this would likely my team

Rachelle Daquis
                          Venus Bernal
                          Mary Jean Balse
                          Gata
                          Suzanne Roces
                          Aiza Maiso
                          Denise Tan
                          Jacq Allarca
                          Angela Benting
                          Stephanie Mercado

Coaches: Roger Gorayeb, Dulce Pante, Nels Familiar
                          No Manilla Santos?
                          you know why I am happy

Comment

according to some forums. 5 players from DLSU and 3 from UST were invited to join the national team.

Daquis' tweet: FEU not joining V-league this april

Comment

according to some forums. 5 players from DLSU and 3 from UST were invited to join the national team.

Daquis' tweet: FEU not joining V-league this april

Kindly post the link here.. Thanks..
                              Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

Originally posted by eindhow View Post
                                Kindly post the link here.. Thanks..
                                sorry, i don't have links. i believe there's no printed news yet .but it's all over facebook. check it. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information