Philippine Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippine Volleyball

unfortunately, Filipinos fell in love with another sport where height is an advantage, too bad..... oh well life goes on.

try outs for the national women's team were held last august. never heard from it ever since. any news about it?
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

Well thats love sometimes love is blind conquers no matter what
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Our girls volleyball would have a future IF and ONLY IF the athletes would be managed properly.

Most of the players are hot btw...
      (Rachel Daquis)

Comment

New volleyball president wants creation of first-ever pro league12/12/2010 | 08:15 PM

A young executive will try to bring back the glory days of Philippine volleyball.

Gener Dungo, a 35-year-old, former deputy secretary general and vice president of the Philippine Volleyball Federation, won the presidency by acclamation.

Dungo will succeed Pete Mendoza, who will now serve as the federation’s chairman.

The two sports executives were voted as the highest officials of the PVF in the election held at Hotel Indah, YMCA, Manila over the weekend.

A total of 25 voters joined the proceedings witnessed by POC auditor Corinna Mojica, with 21 names contesting the 15 board seats.

Dungo, a waste management expert, was the only candidate who got a perfect 25 votes.

The other elected PVF officials were Karl Chan as VP, Vic Abalos as commissioner, Roger Banzuela as treasurer, Dulce Pante as auditor, Vangie de Jesus as secretary-general, and Ian Laurel as PRO.

Nestor Bello, Marvin Trinidad, Yul Benosa, Dax Yambao, Freddie Infante, Gerry Jamili and Boy Cantada will form the board of directors.

Dungo later appointed Senators Francis “Kiko" Pangilinan and Pia Cayetano as Honorary Chairman and Chairwoman of the PVF.

Upon assuming his new role as head of the volleyball federation, Dungo said he plans to revitalize the country’s volleyball programs by instituting reforms and staging more competitions.

A lofty goal of putting up a first-ever professional volleyball league in the country is also among his top priorities.

“This new administration will focus on implementing the Volleyball Integrated Management System, which is a combination of management and technical expertise of our officials. I will also create an ad hoc committee to change our constitution and adopt the FIVB management system," said Dungo.

Top athletes from the grassroots programs will participate in the youth volleyball tournaments for elementary and high school, while top collegiate players will compete in the ambitious first professional volleyball league.

“We need to create stars. We need role models for the sport, athletes our young athletes will look up to and inspire them to keep playing the sport," added Dungo.

He plans to tap government officials and private sectors for the much needed support for the creation of the pro volleyball league.

Dungo is also looking to reinforce the men’s and women’s volleyball teams for next year’s Southeast Asian Games with Fil-foreign players in the hope of boosting the country’s chances in the biennial meet. - KY, RCJ, GMANews

Comment

Our volleyball can be competitive I'm sure of that.. We all know what the problem is, which is almost the same with our football..

Height is required but Thailand, our fellow SEAn, is world class in this sport.. And their team is just as tall as the UST WVT, who are really freaking tall..
          Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

we have talent in volleyball. sad reality is no one sponsor the RP womens team and the mens team. we have players that can compete against the best of the world to offer.
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              we have talent in volleyball. sad reality is no one sponsor the RP womens team and the mens team. we have players that can compete against the best of the world to offer.
              forget about men's volleyball (JK)

we want girls in SHORT SHORTS!!! Rachel DAQUIS in short shorts!

you never heard about this right? We HOSTED this!

the men's team finished 15th, winning only one match against Sri Lanka in the NINOY AQUINO STADIUM last YEAR. The men's team is ranked 79 in the world.

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
                forget about men's volleyball (JK)

we want girls in SHORT SHORTS!!! Rachel DAQUIS in short shorts!

you never heard about this right? We HOSTED this!

the men's team finished 15th, winning only one match against Sri Lanka in the NINOY AQUINO STADIUM last YEAR. The men's team is ranked 79 in the world.

LOL.
                Nah have faith in those guys.. Maybe you should see the UST men's volleyball team.. Totally dominating in the UAAP and the players are as tall as the UST basketball team.. Totally NT material..

I think also 6'7 JP Erram was a volleyball player as well..(?)

Yeah I knew that.. Me friend keeps talking about that tourney..

Comment

Originally posted by eindhow View Post
                  Nah have faith in those guys.. Maybe you should see the UST men's volleyball team.. Totally dominating in the UAAP and the players are as tall as the UST basketball team.. Totally NT material..

Baclao was a volleyball player before. Jobe Nkemakolam was rumored to have been training for the Ateneo VT.
                  Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by eindhow View Post

seriously, i think our top priority should be for the women's game only. since it's a billion times more popular than the men's. i can see a at least a semi pro league for the women's in the coming years.
                    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

Comment

Originally posted by jcbernardo View Post
                      seriously, i think our top priority should be for the women's game only. since it's a billion times more popular than the men's. i can see a at least a semi pro league for the women's in the coming years.

If only the Shakey's V-League can be a full time professional league.
                      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

cant wait to see rachel ann daquis wear a RP Team jersey. prefer a blue one.
                        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by obama2008 View Post
                          If only the Shakey's V-League can be a full time professional league.
                          they should start by allowing more GPs to play. the current 2 is OK, but 3 or more will be better. keep more girls spiking even after graduation.

Comment

Morada: Sa’kin kasi parang nas’an ‘yung pagiging Tamaraw mo? Nas’an ‘yung puso mo? FEU pinagpalit mo sa NU, parang dahil sa pera ba or what.

(Trans: where's the "tamaraw" in you? transfered to NU because of money or what?)

see Vivas' and the ex-players' response on the photos of FEU WVT fan page on facebook.

Comment

Don't watch volleyball other than UST games.. And I'm surprised that Vivas and Tiangco are out.. It's like the Santiago issue again..

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information