Yugoslavian Golden Generations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
    Ups, i didn,t know actually that Zarko is current vice-president of the Serbian Olympic Committee. Seems quite cool... Молодец!
    Seems like he is wasting his life on the shit that really doesn't matter(ask Kurtinaitis)
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
      Seems like he is wasting his life on the shit that really doesn't matter(ask Kurtinaitis)
      I suppose each person has own fate, so i don,t want to reproach someone. I don,t have an opinion on this matter.
      Last edited by vaslover; 12-30-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
        I suppose each person has own fate, so i don,t want to reproach someone. I don,t have an opinion on this matter.
        cool ...
        Lets take it easy
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

1980 sorry

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
          Here's a question for you guys:

Which Yugoslavian NT was better

1980 Olympic Gold Team
          Andro Knego,
          Dragan Kićanović,
          Rajko Žižić,
          Mihovil Nakić,
          Željko Jerkov,
          Branko Skroče,
          Zoran Slavnić,
          Kresimir Ćosić,
          Ratko Radovanović,
          Duje Krstulović,
          Dražen Dalipagić,
          Mirza DelibaÅ¡ić,
          (Coach: Ranko Žeravica)

Or

1991 European Championship Gold Team
          Vlade Divac,
          Toni Kukoč,
          Dino Rađa,
          Žarko Paspalj,
          Zoran Savić,
          Predrag Danilović,
          Aleksandar Đorđević,
          Velimir Perasović,
          Jure Zdovc,
          Arijan Komazec,
          Zoran Sretenović,
          Zoran Jovanović
          (Coach: DuÅ¡an Ivković)

Two of the best generations Yugoslavia ever produced.

Not to mention two of the best coaches of all time from Yugoslavia.

* I know many of you will answer the 91 team but give me a quality reason besides the obvious...restating the players names.
          obviously not 1991, 1989 is much better, but I think 1980 is greatest Yugoslav generation ever. people tend to forget how good older player were.
          Kićanović is probably best European player ever. he was not Magician, he was Wizard. Dalipagić was best ever Euro scorer (44ppg in 1981/1982 Yugoslav league, 37ppg Italian league - playoff record - these numbers will stand forever, DelibaÅ¡ić - icon of brilliance, who saw him playin' cannot forget it, Ćosić - one in a million, center that brought revolution at his position, outstanding "Menschkeit", Slavnić - most hearted small playmaker of his time, ultra-talented leader, but also comedian in the court
          supporting cast was also phenomenal - Radovanović and Jerkov (better than any Croatian or Serbian center today by great margin), Nakić (artist of rebounding), Skroče (30ppg at his best) and so on...
          don't want to say that Divac, Kukoč, Radja, Danilović are average players (kapa dole), but...
          Last edited by souly; 03-23-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
            Sorry, it's not our fault Drazen did not want to play for "Yugoslavia" because of his political views.
            However, I was looking besides the point of the war and let's say he was actually in the squad because he was elligable, then the 1991 Euro team was the best in Yugo history. Mainly because of the inclusion of Aleksandar Djorjdevic who was the pure point guard that was missing in the team.

Secondly, the mere fact that you stated Mirko Novosel as Yugoslavia's all-time greatest coach is a joke and a half. He never led Yugoslavia to a single Gold medal in his career besides the two European Championships but he had the best team in the whole tournament! He always failed to bring us Gold in the final of the World Championship and Olympics despite having players like Kicanovic, Slavnic, Cosic, Knego, Dalipagic, Delibasic, Drazen Petrovic, and co. at his disposal. He was pathetic and if you ask any older Yugo veteran they would laugh at your claim because he was not a winner. Didn't know how to motivate his team in the final and his tactical plays were short of nothing. Yes he did win two Eurobaskets but HELL, he had the second best Yugoslav generation of players of all time. Even Pesic, Ivkovic, Obradovic, Svetislav Pesic, and Obradovic have done more for their NT's in this respective.
            While Bozidar Maljkovic won more euroleague titles than Novosel could dream of and Pavlicevic was somewhere on par with Novosel but in my opinion he was better than Novosel.
            And Nikolic was the father to all Yugoslav coaches.
            Bogdan Tanjevic is iffy. He did win 3 medals with 3 various NT teams but I never liked his coaching style.

Anyhow, it's undisputed that
            Ivkovic, Nikolic, Pesic, Maljkovic, and Obradovic are all ahead of Novosel whether you like it or not their statistics prove it. Novosel's coaching was a joke and brought shame to Yugo many years when he finished with a silver medal with a Golden Generation

Boza Maljkovic
            Ranko Zeravica
            Dusan Ivkovic
            Svetislav Pesic
            Aleksandar Nikolic
            Zeljko Obradovic
            Zeljko Pavlicevic
            Bogdan Tanjevic

I see you have something personal for Croatian's. It's all good my Hercogovac brother
            nationally coloured man. read the book "zlatna košarka mirka novosela"

Comment

I'm going to spam a bit.

Today fiiinally () was published a book devoted to the golden generations of Yugoslavia. It offers an extensive exxplanation of who was who and how was that possible.
              I haven't read it yet but for the looks it's a must have for every basketball fan. It's only in spanish though (for the moment?)

"Sueños robados: el baloncesto yugoslavo"

You can find complimentary material, like videos and interviews, in this web

Comment

Originally posted by mbenga View Post
                I'm going to spam a bit.

Today fiiinally () was published a book devoted to the golden generations of Yugoslavia. It offers an extensive exxplanation of who was who and how was that possible.
                I haven't read it yet but for the looks it's a must have for every basketball fan. It's only in spanish though (for the moment?)

"Sueños robados: el baloncesto yugoslavo"

You can find complimentary material, like videos and interviews, in this web
                http://www.baloncestoyugoslavo.com
                awesome, thanks for providing the link. heaps of videos there. thank you so much, you made my day

Comment

Team that won a gold at 1980 Olympics. Five of those players were included in FIBA's 50 Greatest Players.

Standing: Mihovil Nakic, Dragan Kicanovic, Branko Skroce, Zoran Slavnic, Mirza Delibasic, Drazen Dalipagic.

Front row: Duje Krstulovic, Andro Knego, Zeljko Jerkov, Kresimir Cosic, Rajko Zizic, Ratko Radovanovic.

Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2023/2...uka-doncic-mvp

Balkan region (Ex-Yu part ) is probably the most special place on the global basketball map. Nice article explaining that nothing happens accidentally when it comes to basketball in this region. Tradition is deep over here.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information