Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yugoslavian Golden Generations

I'm going to spam a bit.

Today fiiinally () was published a book devoted to the golden generations of Yugoslavia. It offers an extensive exxplanation of who was who and how was that possible.
    I haven't read it yet but for the looks it's a must have for every basketball fan. It's only in spanish though (for the moment?)

"Sueños robados: el baloncesto yugoslavo"

You can find complimentary material, like videos and interviews, in this web
    http://www.baloncestoyugoslavo.com

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga View Post
    I'm going to spam a bit.

Today fiiinally () was published a book devoted to the golden generations of Yugoslavia. It offers an extensive exxplanation of who was who and how was that possible.
    I haven't read it yet but for the looks it's a must have for every basketball fan. It's only in spanish though (for the moment?)

"Sueños robados: el baloncesto yugoslavo"

You can find complimentary material, like videos and interviews, in this web
    http://www.baloncestoyugoslavo.com
    awesome, thanks for providing the link. heaps of videos there. thank you so much, you made my day

Team that won a gold at 1980 Olympics. Five of those players were included in FIBA's 50 Greatest Players.

Standing: Mihovil Nakic, Dragan Kicanovic, Branko Skroce, Zoran Slavnic, Mirza Delibasic, Drazen Dalipagic.

Front row: Duje Krstulovic, Andro Knego, Zeljko Jerkov, Kresimir Cosic, Rajko Zizic, Ratko Radovanovic.

Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Quote Originally Posted by kossmoss View Post
    A lot of people talk about the Golden Generation of youngsters and nulls clash. Unless they are talking about the Yugoslavians of the late 80s, please take it with a pinch of salt. Quite simply, there has never been an age group side like the one that won the FIFA World Youth Championships in Chile back in 1987.
    Uummm...why are you comparing the basketball team with the fifa team? One can't compare teams of two different sports.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12