This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by behzadir View Post
    The level of the championship has regressed big time compared to Tianjin 2009. The CT-Lebanon game is a clear indication. Sloppy basketball in clutch time.

Only teams who have progressed are S.Korea and Japan. Iran still haven't been tested and Pinoys haven't played up to the expectations.

Afro Basket was better than this in the group stages i guess.

Hope the games get better as we move on to the knockout stages.
    I have to agree. Although India progressed a bit, there is on the other hand the "great depression" in the Middle East, where Jordan, Syria and even Lebanon lacking new talent at the moment, that is able to step right into the game and make up for the loss of veterans.
    Japan toured Europe and has been pretty weak over here, and is still one of the better teams in WuHan.
    China is still the powerhouse of basketball in Asia. Not because they are way better, but because the rest (except maybe Iran) really struggles these days to field a competitive team.
    Iran has to beat China on their turf. This is a difficult task but its possible since their centers look stiff and creativity on the court is nowhere to be found. Its a chance, a small one, but there is one, for Iran to beat them.

My conclusion is also: No additional spot for the Olympics.
    Africa is really progressing faster and has a huge talent pool.
    Also: Let Afghanistan play! They would have been a great add to this games and way better than Uzbekistan...and they would have reached the second round thanks to Qatar! Imagine what a boost that would have been. Shame on FIBA Mid-Asia Section

AND: I am now more than happy that Lutz & Lassiter (No, its not a credit rating agency like Standard & Poor's) are now playing! I know that FIBA send them some instructions to provide the necessary papers in the first place. And I know the federation simply didn't care in the first place. Now that they finally got their documents together, it worked out for Pinas. Great news. System works in the end.

I from Wisconsin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

• Where is gabe Norwood? Why is he not in the Phil team?
      Crouchy 1 : Durden 0, IUHL 0, roadtolondon 0, batman, 0, azrael 0, beastly 0

Comment

• Originally posted by crouchingtiger View Post
        Where is gabe Norwood? Why is he not in the Phil team?
        Hello Sir! its been a while!

you can post your queries here

they will gladly answer your question.

Thanks
        TEAM PILIPINAS!

www.myspace.com/fivefeetadjustment

www.facebook.com/fivefeetadjustment

Comment

• Originally posted by behzadir View Post
          The level of the championship has regressed big time compared to Tianjin 2009. The CT-Lebanon game is a clear indication. Sloppy basketball in clutch time.

Only teams who have progressed are S.Korea and Japan. Iran still haven't been tested and Pinoys haven't played up to the expectations.

Afro Basket was better than this in the group stages i guess.

Hope the games get better as we move on to the knockout stages.
          I think it is because most countries have no long term program. Look at Jordan and Lebanon, their teams are ageing. Only Iran and China have continuity on their basketball programs.

Comment

• i asked gabe via twitter why he is not playing in our current NT and he said he wasn't invited but he'd love to play again.

Comment

• any links for the Japan UAE game?
              you know why I am happy

Comment

• Lebanon is still lucky after all!

Originally posted by gazara View Post
                as our Team if we Reached the Semis it will be a Great and big thing for Our Youngsters ,for Now ,Today easy game against Malysia ,in the next Round ,we will loose to Iran but We will over Uzbekistan and Chinese Taipei so we will finish 3rd after Iran and Korea ,as Third we Have to Play with the Second of Group B maybe ,Japan-Phillipines-Jordan ...all of these 3 are beatable if we Won the QF it will be huge for Us and reaching then the Semis then it will be like a new Start !
                September 19, 2011, Taiwan beats Lebanon 70-68.

There's nothing wrong w/ being optimistic, but I believe being "realistic" is a lot better.

Lebanon is lucky that Qatar lost about 5 players, most of them key players due to eligibility issue. Qatar was reduced to only 6 players as 1 player got injured, and the team was already eliminated after losing all its games. Imagine if Qatar played w/ a complete line-up, it would have made it 2 d second round of the elimination & would be a very dangerous opponent 4 Lebanon. A loss to Iran, Taiwan & Qatar in the 2nd round of elims would kick Lebanon out of the quarterfinals. But w/ Qatar out of the running, Lebanon is on its way 2 the quarters as it will most likely beat Uzbekistan.

Lebanon, however will most likely be facing China in the quarters- a team w/c everybody wants avoid 2 meet in the quarters.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by gazara View Post
                  as our Team if we Reached the Semis it will be a Great and big thing for Our Youngsters ,for Now ,Today easy game against Malysia ,in the next Round ,we will loose to Iran but We will over Uzbekistan and Chinese Taipei so we will finish 3rd after Iran and Korea ,as Third we Have to Play with the Second of Group B maybe ,Japan-Phillipines-Jordan ...all of these 3 are beatable if we Won the QF it will be huge for Us and reaching then the Semis then it will be like a new Start !
                  Japan, Philippines, Jordan, beatable? I agree, but wasn't Taiwan also beatable in your assessment prior to the game yesterday?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                    September 19, 2011, Taiwan beats Lebanon 70-68.

There's nothing wrong w/ being optimistic, but I believe being "realistic" is a lot better.

Lebanon is lucky that Qatar lost about 5 players, most of them key players due to eligibility issue. Qatar was reduced to only 6 players as 1 player got injured, and the team was already eliminated after losing all its games. Imagine if Qatar played w/ a complete line-up, it would have made it 2 d second round of the elimination & would be a very dangerous opponent 4 Lebanon. A loss to Iran, Taiwan & Qatar in the 2nd round of elims would kick Lebanon out of the quarterfinals. But w/ Qatar out of the running, Lebanon is on its way 2 the quarters as it will most likely beat Uzbekistan.

Lebanon, however will most likely be facing China in the quarters- a team w/c everybody wants avoid 2 meet in the quarters.
                    correction: its 60-58 Taiwan win vs. Lebanon
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE RYAN View Post
                      Japan, Philippines, Jordan, beatable? I agree, but wasn't Taiwan also beatable in your assessment prior to the game yesterday?
                      It's ok dude his just stating facts, every team is beatable this time...just ignore it...every team is capable of beating the other team...
                      RoadtoLondon 0 - Crouchy 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoadtoLondon View Post
                        It's ok dude his just stating facts, every team is beatable this time...just ignore it...every team is capable of beating the other team...
                        Including Iran and China? Those teams are in an entirely different level. Korea could challenge for that as well. Every one else pretty much falls under the "pretender" category. (Until of course proven otherwise)
                        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                          I dont like what certain Pinas-based posters do: They post their crap simply everywhere, even in sections that have nothing to do.

I used to be siding with the country, since I got to know some of your basketball fed-heads who are pretty cool guys, but lately, if there is something wrong with your NT and you feel mistreated, you are fingerpointing on anyone that is mentioned by your biased media...only a few fans do really think before posting here, others just copying stuff that is on twitter or elsewhere to tell the "truth" about the case. The reality is, that the two players were born in the U.S. and may got their Philipino-brith certificates and passports after turning 16 or even 18. They are Pinoy to me, but maybe not to FIBA if they enforce their rules the way they want. It's a typical case, that should have been discussed by FIBA prior to the games...not in between. That's a mess now.

But still, I cant stand this whole issue being posted all over this and other threads...as it repeats. Most posters post the same crap simultaneously in four different threads!

BTW: Even your Azkals team did well after your German coach did a heck of a job. But what did your media do? Blame him for all of his good work...smh
                          Maybe those pinoys posting ugly comments have a point after all.

I will tell U what happened yesterday. This is from a news article from a newspaper here in the Philippines:

WUHAN – Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president Manny V. Pangilinan had to personally fight for Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz and urge FIBA Asia deputy secretary general Hagop Khajirian to let the two embattled Fil-Ams play against Jordan yesterday.

In a text to The STAR (newspaper), Pangilinan said there was a last-minute drama that took place before the Phl-Jordan game as the Fiba official continued to bar Lassiter and Lutz from playing.

“Hagop did not allow our two players to play before the game. I had to call FIBA Geneva to intervene and I had to barge into his office to get him (Hagop) to let go,” said Pangilinan.

“Fiba HQ had a letter of authorization, which I had to remind him. Politics, that’s even here.”

“They can lodge their protest up to Mecca. We have a letter from (Patrick) Baumann specifically authorizing Lassiter and Lutz to play. Even Hagop has a copy,” he added.

“We are all happy, especially SBP president Manny V. Pangilinan, that Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz were able to play starting in the second round. The national team will play now at full strength,” said SBP executive director Sonny Barrios in a statement.

“We appreciate FIBA (officials) Baumann and Benjamin Cohen for their prompt decision, made and forwarded to us even on a Sunday at their end,” Barrios added.

Meanwhile, FIBA Asia secretary general Dato Yeoh Choo Hock scored the Qataris on how they conducted themselves after five of their players were ruled ineligible.

It has now become obvious that the FIBA-Asia official who barred Lutz & lassiter form playing had some malicious motive. we have to remember, FIBA's rule regarding player eligibility has been existing since many years back. Those rules exist in the past editions of asian championships & yet there were some countries in tha past that paraded half-breed players that were alowed to play w/o any protest or questioning.

Didn't Lebanon paraded Lebanese-Americans Brian Feghali & Matt Frejie? what about Japan's Michael Dorsey, renamed Maikiru Takahashi who is supposed 2 be Japanese-American? What about South Korea's Kim Min Soo & Eric Sandrin who claim 2 be half-breed Koreans? What about Asi Taulava, Eric Menk & Gabe Norwood who are suposed 2 be half-breed Filipinos? Did these players undergo scrutiny & thorough investigation regarding their citizenships the same way Lassiter & Lutz went through? If we don't call it double-standard, then what is it?

I agree w/ u that these pinoy posters should not have made unfounded accusations & should not have made finger-pointing 4 the mess regarding Lassiter & Lutz' "floating" status in the tournament. I believe that these countrymen of mine should had been very careful & should be responsible in their comments & should not be making such coments based on mere suspicion or rumors.

But w/ the way things are going on in Wuhan, it seems these pinoy posters previous coments may had been right after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                            Including Iran and China? Those teams are in an entirely different level. Korea could challenge for that as well. Every one else pretty much falls under the "pretender" category. (Until of course proven otherwise)
                            yep including those two powerhouse...an upset in this tournament is no surprise...

Bold letters...I hope not.
                            RoadtoLondon 0 - Crouchy 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Mojado View Post
                              I dont like what certain Pinas-based posters do: They post their crap simply everywhere, even in sections that have nothing to do.

I used to be siding with the country, since I got to know some of your basketball fed-heads who are pretty cool guys, but lately, if there is something wrong with your NT and you feel mistreated, you are fingerpointing on anyone that is mentioned by your biased media...only a few fans do really think before posting here, others just copying stuff that is on twitter or elsewhere to tell the "truth" about the case. The reality is, that the two players were born in the U.S. and may got their Philipino-brith certificates and passports after turning 16 or even 18. They are Pinoy to me, but maybe not to FIBA if they enforce their rules the way they want. It's a typical case, that should have been discussed by FIBA prior to the games...not in between. That's a mess now.

But still, I cant stand this whole issue being posted all over this and other threads...as it repeats. Most posters post the same crap simultaneously in four different threads!

BTW: Even your Azkals team did well after your German coach did a heck of a job. But what did your media do? Blame him for all of his good work...smh
                              WUHAN – Finally allowed to play with its full lineup, Smart Gilas Pilipinas showed a lot of heart off and on the court, repulsing Jordan, 72-64, at the resumption of elimination round of the 26th FIBA Asia Championship here last night.

Cleared to play with the game already in progress, Fil-Am players Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz made up for lost time, helping Smart Gilas come from behind to nail the crucial win that kept the team right behind China and Japan in Group F in the second round of the elims.

FIBA World gave the two Fil-Am players the clearance to play as early as yesterday morning but FIBA Asia dilly-dallied to enforce the order from Zurich, Switzerland.

It took a decisive move from Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president Manny V. Pangilinan to take the cudgels for the two players and for FIBA Asia deputy secretary general Hagop Khajirian to finally give the nod on Lassiter and Lutz.

Ironically, the Nationals’ morale had already been affected when Khajirian finally allowed Lassiter’s and Lutz’s names be included in the game board.

Smart Gilas was already trailing 5-17 when Lassiter checked in.

The Nationals even fell behind by 18, 29-11, before finding their rhythm then upending the Jordanians to improve their carry-over card to 2-1. Jordan slid to 1-2.

“I won a championship with Iran (in 2007) but I consider this the biggest win in my life considering how we won under difficult circumstance,” said Smart Gilas coach Rajko Toroman.

“It’s not normal, and only players with a big heart can win in our situation. Our players have to be commended,” added Toroman.

“We’re told in the morning that the two can play. Then 15 minutes before the game, they can’t play. Over two minutes into the game, again they can. Can you imagine that? It’s an abnormal situation and it’s tough for the players. All were affected,” Toroman also said.

Jordan coach Thomas Baldwin was as disgusted, saying: “a travesty was done in the sport of basketball today.”

“Certainly, I can’t blame coach Rajko and their organization. I would also fight for it if I were in the same situation. But I’m extremely disappointed by the sport of basketball today and of the organizers,” Baldwin said, obviously upset Lassiter and Lutz were allowed to play.

“MVP is MVP. He made it happen for the two to be able to play. He fought for it,” said Smart Gilas assistant coach Chot Reyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoadtoLondon View Post
                                yep including those two powerhouse...an upset in this tournament is no surprise...

Bold letters...I hope not.
                                i guess you haven't seen much their games then.
                                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information