X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
    aw c'mon.

China hosted the events three times last year! It should be given to another country! This is idiotic!
    FIBA-Asia Men's Hosting By Country:
    Japan (5) - 1971, 1979, 1991, 1999, 2007;
    China (5) - 1989, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011;
    Malaysia (3) - 1965, 1977, 1985;
    Thailand (3) - 1969, 1975, 1987;
    Philippines (2) - 1960, 1973;
    South Korea (2) - 1967, 1995;
    Chinese-Taipei (1) - 1963;
    India (1) - 1981;
    Hong Kong (1) - 1983;
    Indonesia (1) - 1993;
    Saudi Arabia (1) - 1997;
    Qatar (1) - 2005.
    Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
    Servinio's Blog of Sports
    Servinio's Official YouTube channel
    Servinio's Official TWITTER account
    Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Originally posted by Servinio View Post
      FIBA-Asia Men's Hosting By Country:
      Japan (5) - 1971, 1979, 1991, 1999, 2007;
      China (5) - 1989, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011;
      Malaysia (3) - 1965, 1977, 1985;
      Thailand (3) - 1969, 1975, 1987;
      Philippines (2) - 1960, 1973;
      South Korea (2) - 1967, 1995;
      Chinese-Taipei (1) - 1963;
      India (1) - 1981;
      Hong Kong (1) - 1983;
      Indonesia (1) - 1993;
      Saudi Arabia (1) - 1997;
      Qatar (1) - 2005.

edited.
      I meant decade

Comment

Hey Guyz let's stop talking about the AC Hosting
        Let's start predicting who will win the AC next year

This is my prediction

CHAMPIONS
        Either China,Iran,Korea or Lebanon
        sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

india wont host anytime soon ... to understand why india is so behind in fiba asia ... they were going to build finally build a modern indoor basketball stadium in delhi, the bfi even announced it in a press conference, said they would be using it as their 'National Basketball Academy.'
          “The blue print for the stadium is ready and the work order has been given. The construction will begin by the July first week,” BFI Sec-General Harish Sharma said.
          Then the Delhi high court and Indian Supreme Court declared the construction 'illegal' on the grounds that "the proposed indoor stadium would require installation of a 100-tonne AC plant, which would be hazardous for the environment." So it was demolished one week into construction.

AC Predictions: if all teams go at full strength, I think Iran might have the edge on China with Yao out .. Lebanon, Korea, Japan, Qatar, and Philippines

at the asian games Iran was without their top three players and only lost to host China in the semifinal by blowing the lead in the final minute.

Comment

My prediction for Fiba Asia 2011 goes like this:

1st tier:
            Iran(so far they have the best chances),Lebanon and China

2nd tier
            South Korea(can pull off a surprise and get into finals),Jordan and Philippines

3rd tier
            Japan,Taiwan and Qatar
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post

1st tier:

2nd tier

3rd tier
              Japan,Taiwan and Qatar
              Are they sending a team stronger than the one in the Asian Games? Because if they send the same team, it will be a bad showing. The 40-point loss to Korea was too much.

I agree that Iran has the best chances. They almost beat China in the Asian games without Haddadi and Samad. This really shows how the national team program of Iran is really strong.

Any new faces for Lebanon?
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                Are they sending a team stronger than the one in the Asian Games? Because if they send the same team, it will be a bad showing. The 40-point loss to Korea was too much.

I agree that Iran has the best chances. They almost beat China in the Asian games without Haddadi and Samad. This really shows how the national team program of Iran is really strong.

Any new faces for Lebanon?
                No Jordan team will have a better team,some of their experienced players weren't playing at the Asiad such as Sam Daghlas,Moussa Al Awadi,Zaid Abbas... but i dont think their team in 2011 will be that good, Rasheim Wright has clearly stated that whether his old team Zain pays him the rest of the money they still owe him or he won't be back to Jordan, Zaid El khas and Ayman Idais has retired from the NT and i dont see any young strong faces coming off the scene.

For Lebanon, there will surely be new blood in the team
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

PBA season will probably end in august. theirs enough time for the chosen PBA players to gel with gilas boys.

2013 PHL will host the FIBA asiad championship. as i read elsewhere, the arena near MOA will be finish by 2012.
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

1st tier:

2nd tier

3rd tier
                    Japan,Taiwan and Qatar
                    i think that qatar is better than jordan specially with their multinational nt.

1st tier:
                    Iran,Lebanon,China

2nd tier:
                    South Korea,Philippines,Qatar

3rd Tier:
                    Japan,Jordan
                    ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

i believe the team lebanon sent to the asian games was basically their B or C team, which explains why they were crushed by china and korea.

qatar is the most inconsistent team, they can look great one game, and terrible the next, 22 point loss to philippines and a 42 point loss to iran at asian games with their full NT team...maybe qatar basketball federation should expand outside of africa to import their NT players...theyre not getting their money's worth...but qatar has so much money they probably dont care.

Comment

No Jordan team will have a better team,some of their experienced players weren't playing at the Asiad such as Sam Daghlas,Moussa Al Awadi,Zaid Abbas... but i dont think their team in 2011 will be that good, Rasheim Wright has clearly stated that whether his old team Zain pays him the rest of the money they still owe him or he won't be back to Jordan, Zaid El khas and Ayman Idais has retired from the NT and i dont see any young strong faces coming off the scene.

For Lebanon, there will surely be new blood in the team
                        We Have Sent our (C) Team not even (B) Team btw Only Ali Jamal & Fadel Najjar from (A) Team played in Asiad and Fadel is the King of Bench in the (A) Team !

About Rasheim what you mentioned is totally wrong , Rasheim is the one who owes Money for Zain Club , the club paid the Penalty clause when he escaped from Beykoz Club in Turkey ! it was like 30000$ .

Zaid Alkhas did not retire at all , only Ayman Idais retired from the NT and the Federation will bring him back as he is still fit and can make the difference on 5 .

Our 2011 National Team will look like this : Sam Daghlas (Best Point Guard in China right now) , Zaid Abbaas , Wesam Sous , Mousa Awadi (Best youngster in Jordan) , Mahmoud Abdeen , Mohammad Hamdan , Ayman Idais , Ali Jamal (shined in Asian Games) , Abdullah Abo Koura , Islam Abbas + May be Abroads like Imad Qahwash (NCAA) , Jamal Abu Shamala (D-League) , Layth Mansour (NCAA) , Nicola Fadayel (Canada) , Camille Gargour (High School in USA)
                        pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

Comment

I Like it here when some people underestimates Jordan NT (3rd in FIBA Asia 2009) and we always come from behind and get the Hell out of other Teams !
                          We showed the World in FIBA World 2010 what a great basketball we can make , if we had the experience as other teams who participated for the 3rd time in FIBA World and did not make it to the 2nd Round , then I bet that we would reached at least the 2nd round and may be better who knows !

Jordan NT for Asia Title 2011
                          pLAY yOUR gAME , dON'T b aSHAMED

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
                            i believe the team lebanon sent to the asian games was basically their B or C team, which explains why they were crushed by china and korea.

qatar is the most inconsistent team, they can look great one game, and terrible the next, 22 point loss to philippines and a 42 point loss to iran at asian games with their full NT team...maybe qatar basketball federation should expand outside of africa to import their NT players...theyre not getting their money's worth...but qatar has so much money they probably dont care.
                            it's jordan not lebanon we didn't even go to the 2010 asian games
                            ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Originally posted by wilo22 View Post
                              it's jordan not lebanon we didn't even go to the 2010 asian games
                              my mistake, jordan was what i meant

Comment

Originally posted by SOLO View Post
                                I Like it here when some people underestimates Jordan NT (3rd in FIBA Asia 2009) and we always come from behind and get the Hell out of other Teams !
                                We showed the World in FIBA World 2010 what a great basketball we can make , if we had the experience as other teams who participated for the 3rd time in FIBA World and did not make it to the 2nd Round , then I bet that we would reached at least the 2nd round and may be better who knows !

Jordan NT for Asia Title 2011
                                Is Rasheim Wright will play on 2011?
                                sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information