X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Fiba always chooses CHINA?
    sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

I do hope the lebanese officials and the other countries as well would go to the CAS.

Ballhogging all the events is too much. As if the Asiad, Olympics, Tianjin and NBA exhibition games were enough.

Comment

why is the tournament starting a month later than usual??!
        I Hope that the Chinese federation has a convincing reason for the date change.

Comment

Originally posted by Buran View Post
          why is the tournament starting a month later than usual??!
          I Hope that the Chinese federation has a convincing reason for the date change.
          Because Wuhan is very very hot in August. Trust me, you can't bear the temperature there.

Comment

aw c'mon.

China hosted the events three times last decade! It should be given to another country! This is idiotic!
            Last edited by kaiziken_pinas; 12-28-2010, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
              aw c'mon.

China hosted the events three times last year! It should be given to another country! This is idiotic!
              But the possibility of china not going to the olympics would be chaotic for FIBA
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                But the possibility of china not going to the olympics would be chaotic for FIBA
                yeah, now that you mention it.

Bad for the sport though. I thought FIBA's aim in Asia is to make the sport more popular. Them choosing China over other countries it's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang View Post
                  Because Wuhan is very very hot in August. Trust me, you can't bear the temperature there.
                  Both the players and spectators are going to be indoor, and I'm sure the arena has an AC system.
                  China is a vast country and another city with a better climate for that time of the year could have hosted the event (besides, Wuhan isn't much hotter than Tianjin, which hosted the last event)

The problem with holding the event in September is that school and practice has started for NCAA players and this is a bit problematic for some teams (Iran, Lebanon,...), because they can't have their players around for that long for the practice/main event.

Comment

Both the players and spectators are going to be indoor, and I'm sure the arena has an AC system.
                    China is a vast country and another city with a better climate for that time of the year could have hosted the event (besides, Wuhan isn't much hotter than Tianjin, which hosted the last event)

The problem with holding the event in September is that school and practice has started for NCAA players and this is a bit problematic for some teams (Iran, Lebanon,...), because they can't have their players around for that long for the practice/main event.
                    we've got no problem with it

The PBA season is over by September ^_^.

Most of our college players have already graduated so I guess the players' availability is at minimum

Comment

Originally posted by kaiziken_pinas View Post
                      we've got no problem with it

The PBA season is over by September ^_^.

Most of our college players have already graduated so I guess the players' availability is at minimum
                      I see,
                      did Chris Lutz graduate from Marshall U., if he did, is he going to be invited?

Comment

I see,
                        did Chris Lutz graduate from Marshall U., if he did, is he going to be invited?
                        he's actually practicing/playing with the team since May. I think he's currently on vacation in the US and will be back after the holidays.

It's Banchero and Stanhardinger who are pending.

I would have wanted to see Kazemi, the guy who dunked over Rudy Gay. Do hope we see him in the Championships

Comment

as for lebanon we have joey accaoui in the ncaa he will be graduated this year.
                          and we have also ahmad ibrahim last year in high school
                          hopefully these 2 players will join the nt this summer
                          ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Originally posted by wilo22 View Post
                            and we have also ahmad ibrahim last year in high school
                            hopefully these 2 players will join the nt this summer
                            this could also affect Ahmad Ibrahim, he will be a College student next September.

Comment

The most neutral country is Singapore.. Not because I live there now... But because its a progressive country which is ideal for international sporting events.. There is less traffic, has a decent national stadium (although only one) to hold the venue, facilities, etc... I mean if it cant be the Philippines, then at least have Singapore be the first SEA nation to host the event since I dont know when... I mean just look at the last Youth Olympics, and see how successful it was particularly the FIBA 33, wherein the games are always packed with spectators...

They wont have problems with getting fans in the seats either.. There is a sizeable Filipino and Chinese community... Plus a number of foreign nationals from the Middle East and India...I mean the country is a melting pot of different nationalities..And you can be sure that Star Sports will cover the event since the channel is based here in Singapore...But really, its not because of selfish reason on why I wanted to be staged in Singapore..

Comment

Originally posted by mikepogi View Post
                                I mean if it cant be the Philippines, then at least have Singapore be the first SEA nation to host the event since I dont know when...
                                ASEAN Hosts of FIBA-Asia Men's
                                1993 Jakarta
                                1987 Bangkok
                                1985 Kuala Lumpur
                                1977 Kuala Lumpur
                                1975 Bangkok
                                1973 Manila
                                1969 Bangkok
                                1965 Kuala Lumpur
                                1960 Manila
                                Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                                Servinio's Blog of Sports