No announcement yet.

Mark Cuban on WC-"the NBA is making a huge mistake"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until the US actually goes out and win the World Champs or Olympics they can not be considered the best in the world.
    The NBA is a National League. The F.I.B.A tournaments are official International competitions and recognized by the world. This is why i always laughed when the NBA champs where called world champs by the Americans.
    Anyway no one is doubting the standard of player's in the NBA, but to me it's all talk until they actually go out and take the Gold medal.
    Spain are the World Champs until someone defeats them.
    You can only beat who is in front of you..
    (Perhaps the rest of the world is starting to play better basketball and the US has gone so far down the entertainment route they forgot the fundamentals).

Comment

Originally posted by mavs128
      It's shocking to me how little respect people seem to have for NBA basketball. Does no one watch the Mavericks, or the Spurs, or the Pistons, or the Suns? Beautiful basketball that would win at any level in any league.
      You make some really interesting points here. These teams in particular that you mentioned are great to watch, mostly because of their team play and interaction. Unfortunately the rest of the league plays boring-ass basketball IMHO. I think there is no answer on this board to this question, but I am beginning to think European-style ball is a lot more interesting to watch.

However, the worst of the NBA is translating into EL ball and some of the weaknesses of EL ball are coming over here. People like Sarunas are really struggling, and some players like Okur take a while, it seems, to really get into the groove of NBA ball. Personally I think the major mistake of any fan is to assume that either style is necessarily superior, and you make that point to. It's just different, and it's what you prefer.

Sometimes I regret starting this thread.
      Michelle Tackabery
      Tackabery Chronicle
      Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHLANDER
        Until the US actually goes out and win the World Champs or Olympics they can not be considered the best in the world.
        The NBA is a National League. The F.I.B.A tournaments are official International competitions and recognized by the world. This is why i always laughed when the NBA champs where called world champs by the Americans.
        Same here, and besides it let's show a great deal of egocentrism (or ethnocentrism). But fortunately that is changing.

Originally posted by mktackabery
        Personally I think the major mistake of any fan is to assume that either style is necessarily superior, and you make that point to. It's just different, and it's what you prefer.
        Couldn't agree more
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

I agree also. But NBA is now boring me, maybe, I've seen too much of the same teams. Anyway, I like to see Toronto play, and I hope everybody will take example after Anthony Parker. He shows that you can be a great player in every style of game. He went to Europe and came back stronger in America. And Toronto is starting to win.
          It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
            Same here, and besides it let's show a great deal of egocentrism (or ethnocentrism). But fortunately that is changing.

Couldn't agree more
            Well the NBA and the US used to be so far ahead, the winner deserved to call themselves as world champions.

Not anymore though. We are no longer the force we used to be.
            Is basketball your life? Submit your basketball story

Comment

Originally posted by Mightytoo
              Well the NBA and the US used to be so far ahead, the winner deserved to call themselves as world champions.

Not anymore though. We are no longer the force we used to be.
              You are still THE FORCE and it will never change. Just remove the politics. >_<

Comment

Now he's in MMA and trying to work a deal with the best fighter in the world... Then he'll host live events on HDNET... wow

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information