1 Dahntay Jones SG 29 6-6 210 Duke $2,500,000

44 Solomon Jones C 26 6-10 245 South Florida $1,500,000

32 Josh McRoberts PF 23 6-10 240 Duke $885,120

41 James Posey SF 33 6-8 217 Xavier $7,148,800

12 A.J. Price G 24 6-2 181 Connecticut $762,195

25 Brandon Rush SG 25 6-6 210 Kansas $2,069,040

6 Lance Stephenson SG 20 6-5 210 Cincinnati $750,000

Coach: Jim O'Brien
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

From AP.

Pacers 108, Cavaliers 99

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - DECEMBER 17: Antawn Jamison #4 of the Cleveland Cavaliers shoots past Roy Hibbert #55 of the...
    (Photo by Ron Hoskins/NBAE via Getty Images)

Team Stat Comparison

Cleveland
    Indiana
    Points 99 108 FG Made-Attempted 34-82 (.415) 38-81 (.469) 3P Made-Attempted 6-13 (.462) 9-22 (.409) FT Made-Attempted 25-34 (.735) 23-31 (.742) Rebounds (Offensive-Total) 4-38 7-49 Assists 21 20 Turnovers 13 16 Steals 5 5 Blocks 3 11 Fast Break Points 12 5 Fouls (Tech/Flagrant) 25 (1/0) 27 (4/0) Largest Lead 4 17

Top Performers

ClevelandIndiana M. Williams
    Reb: 6
    Ast: 11
    Stl: 0
    Blk: 0
    D. Granger
    Reb: 12
    Ast: 0
    Stl: 2
    Blk: 3

Game Leaders

ClevelandIndianaPointsM. Williams 22D. Granger 30ReboundsA. Jamison 7D. Granger 12AssistsM. Williams 11D. Collison 6StealsJ. Hickson 3M. Dunleavy 2BlocksA. Varejao 2R. Hibbert 6Team rosters: Cleveland | Indiana

Associated Press
    INDIANAPOLIS -- Danny Granger had 30 points and a season-high 12 rebounds to help the Indiana Pacers beat Cleveland 108-99 on Friday night, extending the Cavaliers' losing streak to 10 games.
    Granger had struggled during Indiana's three-game losing streak, but he bounced back to make 12 of 22 shots, including four of seven 3-pointers. Roy Hibbert, Mike Dunleavy and Brandon Rush each scored 15 points for the Pacers, who are 3-0 against Cleveland this season.
    Mo Williams had 22 points and 11 assists for the Cavaliers. Anthony Parker and Antawn Jamison each scored 17 points and Anderson Varejao added 15 for the Cavaliers.
    The chippy game included five technical fouls and an ejection in the fourth quarter. There were seven total technicals in the game.
    Copyright by STATS LLC and The Associated Press
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Pacers coach Jim O'Brien has challenged Danny Granger to be more of a leader.
      Now it's a matter of if Granger will step up to the challenge.
      "I'm ready for it, because with this team, we have an opportunity to be better than we have the past few years," Granger said. "We definitely can't go into a slide where we lose eight, nine games in a row. That would kill our season."
      The Pacers have had a void in the leadership department ever since Reggie Miller retired in 2005.
      "I think player leadership is always important," O'Brien said. "When you're playing against the best teams in the league, then your best leaders need to always step up to the plate and settle guys down. They need to pick up the intensity when the intensity needs to be picked up if things aren't going well."
      Granger is stepping into foreign territory when it comes to leadership because he's not a vocal leader. His personality is to lead more by example. That will be key since the Pacers have a lot of young players on their roster.
      "I'm fairly confident (he can lead)," O'Brien said. "We need that to be our best. It doesn't come naturally to him or he would be doing it already. We're asking him to do something that might not be in his comfort zone. He needs to grow in that area."
      PACERS 108, CAVALIERS 99: F Danny Granger scored 30 points to help the Pacers end their three-game losing streak. C Roy Hibert, G Mike Dunleavy and G Brandon Rush all scored 15 points each. Hibbert also rejected six shots for the Pacers, who led by as many as 17 points.

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Player Notes:
        C Solomon Jones was ejected in the fourth quarter after picking up two technicals for arguing an over-the-back foul. It's the first time that Jones has been ejected in his career.
        F Danny Granger found his shooting touch again. He had 30 points on 12-of-22 shooting and 12 rebounds.
        G Darren Collison has had 12 assists and no turnovers in the past two games. The 12 assists are after he had no assists in a game for the second time this season.
        Medical Watch:
        No significant injuries.
        Rotation:
        Starters:
        Point guard Darren Collison
        Shooting guard Brandon Rush
        Small forward Danny Granger
        Power forward Josh McRoberts
        Center Roy Hibbert
        Bench:
        Guard T.J. Ford
        Guard Mike Dunleavy
        Forward James Posey
        Center Solomon Jones

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

The Indiana Pacers winning a close game against the New Orleans Hornets 94-93 with Mike Dunleavy Jr. tipping in the ball as time expired. Danny Granger scoring a team high 27 points. Darren Collison added 18 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals against his former team.

Veteran James Posey scored 15 points off the bench with all of his points coming from the three point area as Posey went 5-7 from beyond the arc.
          Last edited by CKR13; 12-21-2010, 06:53 AM.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Injury

Point guard Darren Collison despite reeling from a sprained left ankle was able to practice with the team yesterday. Collison is expected to play against the Memphis Grizzlies in December 26.

While Tyler Hansbrough and Josh McRoberts are expected also to play against the Grizzlies.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Josh McRoberts in the Slam Dunk Contest?

Forward Josh McRoberts has told the press that he wants to participate in the 2011 NBA Slam Dunk Contest at the NBA All-Star Weekends.

Teammates McRoberts and Brandon Rush have captured a video showcasing McRoberts' athletic and explosive dunks.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                Forward Josh McRoberts has told the press that he wants to participate in the 2011 NBA Slam Dunk Contest at the NBA All-Star Weekends.

Teammates McRoberts and Brandon Rush have captured a video showcasing McRoberts' athletic and explosive dunks.
                Is that the same guy who dunked over the 7'2" Roy Hibbert?
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                  Is that the same guy who dunked over the 7'2" Roy Hibbert?
                  To be honest, I do not remember. But it could have happened when McRoberts was still with the Portland Trailblazers.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Small Ball will stay

Head coach Jim O'Brien stated after assessing his team based on their strength:

Small ball, It plays to our strength. When I look at our team right now, our strength is our point guard, shooting guard and small forward."
                    O'Brien was referring to the following depth on the point guard, shooting guard and small forward:

PG - Collison, Ford, Price

SG - Rush, Jones

SF - Granger, Posey, Dunleavy

O'Brien also hinted possible minute deductions to the front court of Hibbert, McRoberts, Hansbrough and Foster.

"The big lineup has to be more productive than they have been. We're just not opening the court up. We're struggling in the low post with Hibbert. Our bigs are not scoring a lot. That doesn't mean they won't be playing; they will be."
                    Also Granger had been playing power forward at times on recent games. Granger had a career high 17 rebounds on the Pacers' last game against the New York Knicks.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                      To be honest, I do not remember. But it could have happened when McRoberts was still with the Portland Trailblazers.
                      (sorry for the late reply)

I think it was just something for fun after practice. I thought the video was on the internet. I'll have to look for it.
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Roy Hibbert to consult a psychologist

Center Roy Hibbert has announced that he will seek the help of a well known psychiatrist that prominent sports figures have had counsel. Hibbert attributes his production slump on the court due to distraction from off-court matters and is seeking help.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Indiana Pacers 111 Philadelphia 76ers 103

Danny Granger scored a game high 27 points to lead the Pacers. Point guard Darren Collison had his best game as a Pacer by far with 21 points and 13 assists alongside 3 steals. Mike Dunleavy Jr. added 20 points.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

The Indiana Pacers beating a Dirk Nowitzki less Dallas Mavericks 102-89. Brandon Rush scored a team high 20 points while Danny Granger and Darren Collison each scored 17 points.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

From indystar.com.

Dunleavy still waits for 1st trip to playoffs

Trade from lowly Warriors didn't bring result he had hoped

Jan 19, 2011 |

Written by

Mike Wells

Pacers

at Warriors

10:30 p.m. today

Fox Sports IndianaPacers

at Warriors

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Mike Dunleavy was traded to the Indiana Pacers from the Golden State Warriors four years ago this week.
                              Dunleavy, the No. 3 pick in the 2002 draft, thought he was leaving a franchise that hadn't gotten a sniff of the playoffs in 13 years and heading to one that had been a regular in the postseason.
                              Four years and 247 games later, Dunleavy is still searching for his first playoff appearance. Time is running out for him to make the playoffs with the Pacers. Indiana has been struggling for more than a month, and Dunleavy is a trade candidate.
                              The Pacers play Dunleavy's former team, Golden State, tonight.
                              "Unfortunately we haven't won a lot of games, but the last four years here in Indiana have been great," Dunleavy said. "From the Golden State standpoint, I still feel like I needed a change. It was the right thing."
                              Dunleavy had a breakout season in 2008 when he averaged a career-high 19 points in Jim O'Brien's first year as coach.
                              Dunleavy put up those numbers without much flash to his game.
                              There are no explosive drives to the basket. He uses a pump fake, one dribble and jump shot. He's more of a team defender than an individual defender.
                              Dunleavy, who excels at moving without the ball, hasn't had too many big games the past few seasons.
                              First there was a knee problem that limited him to 18 games two years ago. He spent last season trying to work his way back into form. This season, he is sharing the wing position with Danny Granger, Brandon Rush and rookie Paul George.
                              "What (Dunleavy) means to us is that he knows offensive basketball and he knows the schemes of defensive basketball," O'Brien said. "He does everything right every day in practice. When you have a guy that does everything right every day at practice, he's a great model for anybody that's younger than he is."
                              Dunleavy is shooting 43.4 percent from the field this season. His percentage is better than the previous two seasons but still significantly less than the 47.6 percent he shot during the 2007-08 season.
                              He's coming off a 1-of-10 shooting game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday.
                              "There's not one 3-point shooter or jump shooter in the league who doesn't go through ups and downs," O'Brien said. "I never worry about Mike shooting the basketball. I worry about quality of shots."
                              Dunleavy is in the final year of his contract, which means he's a candidate to be traded before the Feb. 24 trade deadline.
                              "Maybe I should worry about it, but I don't at all," he said. "It's not worth it. How I look at it is, I'll always be playing basketball. It doesn't matter if it's here or at the North Pole."
                              If he is not traded, the odds of Dunleavy returning next season aren't high, despite O'Brien saying he wants his swingman to return. The wing is the deepest position on the Pacers' roster.
                              "We've got a good group of young guys," Dunleavy said. "It's been fun growing here. I love being in Indiana. I love the organization and the coaching staff. We'll see what happens."
                              Dunleavy, 30, is at the point in his career where winning takes center stage. The Pacers, who will have plenty of salary cap space to work with this summer, haven't finished with at least a .500 record since going 41-41 during the 2005-06 season.
                              "You look at everything and not just focus on one thing," Dunleavy said. "I could not tell you what's a priority right now. Obviously winning is very, very important."

Road To Rio 2016.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information