• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Timberwolves Thread

Future is bright for this team.

Love at PF
    Beasley at SF

and in the last 3 games of Darko, he averaged 22ppg, 9.33rpg, 4.67bpg and 3apg.
    #parasabayan
    #GoGilas

Looking forward to have Ricard Rubio on the team someday.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

If Rubio is the answer at point guard than they need to find a SG who can shoot, drive, and defend the opposition's best guard. I'm still not sold on Rubio as a star in the NBA.

While Darko has only started playing well over the last five games, nobody is talking about the fact that he is tied for 1st in blocks per game. Darko is leading the league in a major statistical category other than DNP-CD!
      www.asiabasketballupdate.com

twitter: asiabballupdate

Comment

I wonder how point guard Jonny Flynn will fair with his new teammates after his stint with the D-League team, the Sioux Falls Sky-Force. Also looking forward to some potential contribution from Martell Webster, once the latter is recovered.

So far, Luke Ridnour also had good games for the team.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by Lowman View Post
          If Rubio is the answer at point guard than they need to find a SG who can shoot, drive, and defend the opposition's best guard. I'm still not sold on Rubio as a star in the NBA.
          Personally, I think he could be a PG in the vain of Devin Harris, but I agree: I'm not sold on him.
          While Darko has only started playing well over the last five games, nobody is talking about the fact that he is tied for 1st in blocks per game. Darko is leading the league in a major statistical category other than DNP-CD!
          Yes! Since he left Detroit, he's been a very good defender and it's really showing now that he's getting good minutes.
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Why is Kahn so obsessed with Rubio, anyway? I thought point guards aren't really fully utilized in the triangle offense. It would sort of be a waste of his talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Strida View Post
              Why is Kahn so obsessed with Rubio, anyway? I thought point guards aren't really fully utilized in the triangle offense. It would sort of be a waste of his talents.
              I have been dying to know as well. Media has spoken much of this "Master Plan" by Kahn on which Kahn kept stressing that "Rubio is the point guard of the team's future". He would not even trade Rubio's Draft Rights.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

that's love brah, man love! so yeah, ricky rubio and kahn have got man love written all over!
                "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Or is Kahn a secret genius and has been bluffing about not trading Rubio all along? I would love to see him to get Dolan, Dantoni, and the Knicks bite on a ridiculous deal for the rights to Rubio. Does Rubio's value continue to increase the longer he stays in Europe? Or does it start to drop when people focus on the fact he only shoots 20% from behind the arc?
                  www.asiabasketballupdate.com

twitter: asiabballupdate

Comment

Minnesota Timberwolves 94 Golden State Warriors 104

Despite losing, Kevin Love had 21 points and 22 rebounds for the Timberwolves.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

From Yahoo! Sports.

Marion, Chandler lead Mavericks over Timberwolves

DALLAS (AP)—Shawn Marion(notes) scored 16 points, leading a productive effort by Dallas’ reserves, and the Mavericks beat the Minnesota Timberwolves 100-86 on Wednesday night for their seventh consecutive victory.

Tyson Chandler(notes) had 14 rebounds in the third quarter, setting a Mavericks record for any quarter, and finished with 18 overall. Lorenzo Williams and Popeye Jones shared the previous quarter mark of 12 boards.

Dallas Mavericks center Brenda…
                      AP - Dec 1, 10:01 pm EST
                      1 of 6Min-Dal Gallery
                      J.J. Barea scored 14 points and Jason Terry(notes) had 12 as Dallas’ backups outscored their counterparts 59-32.

The Mavericks were playing their sixth game in nine nights, and they were able to rest stars Dirk Nowitzki(notes), Jason Kidd(notes) and Caron Butler(notes). Nowitzki and Butler had 10 points apiece.

Dallas has won 16 of the last 17 meetings with Minnesota.

Kevin Love(notes), the NBA’s top rebounder, had 12 points and 15 boards for the Timberwolves, who lost their fifth straight. Michael Beasley(notes) scored 16 as Minnesota fell to 1-9 on the road.

Marion’s 11 points contributed to a 33-14 first-half advantage in reserve scoring, and the Mavericks held a 55-43 edge at the break.

Brian Cardinal(notes) hit back-to-back 3-pointers for Dallas over the final 2:09 of the third quarter, completing a 14-6 run and helping the Mavs to an 83-64 advantage heading into the fourth. Dallas went on to lead by as many as 24 in the final quarter.

NOTES: Minnesota PG Jonny Flynn(notes) will report to the team’s development league affiliate in Sioux Falls, S.D., for a game on Friday as he works his way back from hip surgery. Flynn has yet to play in a game this season. He had surgery on his left hip in July and has started ramping up his workouts over the past few weeks. … Dallas F Steve Novak(notes) played in his third game this season. He was active in place of G Dominique Jones(notes), who’s playing a few games for Frisco of the D-League. … Dallas’ 55 points matched its best first half of the season.
                      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Forward Martell Webster has been given clearance for practice with the team after 5 weeks of post surgery on his back. Webster's doctor and the team's medical staff will still review his condition before being activated on the active roster.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Injury Update

Forward Michael Beasley is still listed day-to-day due to a sprained ankle. While reserve forward Anthony Tolliver has sprained his MCL on his right knee and is set to undergo a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan and depending on the results, could be out of the roster for a significant amount of time.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Nikola Peković is back though...
                            He's playing at the moment (in this trashing of the Cavaliers).
                            Let's see if the Wolves manage to blow a 36 point lead from the 3rd quarter...
                            "One more thing, if any admin delit this topic than the next time you will hear from me will not be on this forum but in a court of law with human right crimes on your shoulders, racism, nazism, breaking international law."

Comment

Cleveland Cavaliers 95 Minnesota Timberwolves 129

Kevin Love lead the team with a team high 28 points and 19 rebounds. Rookie Wesley Johnson scores a career high 20 points while Corey Brewer had 15 points.

Darko Millicic added 14 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks.
                              Last edited by CKR13; 12-05-2010, 03:52 AM.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information