Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any news on Ukraine possible bid?

Comment

i find it funny how you say italy is not in top standard ten teams of europe............while germany and croatia are...ridiculous, 4 bad years does not mean yoiu are erased from basketball elite, then serbia would have been between 2005-2009, which they were not.........with jugoslavisa, soviet union, and greece and maybe spain, italy i founder of euro basketball and this year they will do vey well...germany in standard euro teams???hahhhhaa you must be joking........2010 flop, 2009 flop....germans not called dirk nowitzki should give up basketball which is a game for east/south europe....you mentioned gb national team in same breath as italy means you are crazy

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
        Spain made a bid.
        ok everybody, bidding's over, you can all go home now.

voting will not take place, spain is awarded the competition by virtue of whining.

congratulations, see you in the 2014 worlds and the 2015 eurobasket. oh, and the 2016 euroleague f4, which will no doubt be awarded to the beautiful city of barcelona, and quite rightly so.
        Originally posted by Richey666
        yeah. fuck it. greece vs turkey, i dont care, whoever wins, I lose

Comment

Germany's bid now beside France includes Zagreb and Milano as well

I've got an idea... let's just determine London, Moscow, Istambul and Madrid as the regular group stage venues, Berlin and Paris as the elimination stage and Rome for the final venue... we're covered for the next 20 years and spared of over sugarly pan-european cross border organisation plans and once more, noone will be held responsible if any european championship will be as dissastrous as the one in Sweden since you can't hold 7 federations responsible.

If Fiba Europe would't include as much power from basketball marginal countries (still searching for a logical translation of vukojebina) such as Andora, Luksemburg or Cyprus I would at least have hope that the organisation would've lol'd once or twice at such fairy tales and go with the best candidate, but this way I am afraid they might as well go with this plan.

Germans, no dissrespect, but if you desire to organise such an event, do your best and do it on your own. Candidature of 4 countries is just not serious and if a country as Germany isn't able to put in the resounces to succesfully hold an european championship, than they shouldn't get one. This co-hosting is for my criteria acceptable for smaller economies that basicaly wouldn't be able to do it all on their own, even if given their best.
          I normaly don't do that, but this time I'm praying this plan fails for the sake of bball.
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by BrutalDlx View Post
            ok everybody, bidding's over, you can all go home now.

voting will not take place, spain is awarded the competition by virtue of whining.

congratulations, see you in the 2014 worlds and the 2015 eurobasket. oh, and the 2016 euroleague f4, which will no doubt be awarded to the beautiful city of barcelona, and quite rightly so.
            Spain is the country with better stadiums for basketball in europe
            BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

According to Danko Radić (president of Cro federation) Eurobasket 2015 will 99% be held in Germany, France, Italy and Croatia.

4 countries for one tournament? Really? What the fuck..

Comment

Originally posted by orgoglioslavo69 View Post
                i find it funny how you say italy is not in top standard ten teams of europe............while germany and croatia are...ridiculous, 4 bad years does not mean yoiu are erased from basketball elite, then serbia would have been between 2005-2009, which they were not.........with jugoslavisa, soviet union, and greece and maybe spain, italy i founder of euro basketball and this year they will do vey well...germany in standard euro teams???hahhhhaa you must be joking........2010 flop, 2009 flop....germans not called dirk nowitzki should give up basketball which is a game for east/south europe....you mentioned gb national team in same breath as italy means you are crazy
                you mean the Great Britain team that qualified properly, while Italy had to rely on FIBA changing the rules? It's not a history contest, it's all about what's happening right now, my friend.

Belgium also qualified legitimately, while Bosnia and Ukraine (for example) had to also rely on FIBA bailing them out. I think your 'East / South Europe' theory is quickly unravelling.....
                Blogging Euro Hoops at Talkbasket, The Basketball Post and The Euro Step
                twitter - @robscott33

Comment

Portuguese Basketball Federation plans a joint bid with Spain to host EuroBasket'15 according to the president Mário Saldanha.
                  https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Comment

Originally posted by Cibos View Post
                    According to Danko Radić (president of Cro federation) Eurobasket 2015 will 99% be held in Germany, France, Italy and Croatia.

4 countries for one tournament? Really? What the fuck..
                    You sure he didn't mean ONE OF those four will host it?

I hope Macedonia can host something, though I doubt it. We hosted the UEFA Women's U-19 European Championship! That counts for something, right? ..

Comment

Originally posted by Luíz for 3 View Post
                      Portuguese Basketball Federation plans a joint bid with Spain to host EuroBasket'15 according to the president Mário Saldanha.
                      That'd be very interesting, but considering the crisis Portugal is going through I don't know... I'm not for big time events at this moment. I suppose new arenas would have to be built.
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                        That'd be very interesting, but considering the crisis Portugal is going through I don't know... I'm not for big time events at this moment. I suppose new arenas would have to be built.
                        Yes maybe 2 arenas would be needed. But Mário Saldanha also said that Spain would host the major number of games. For example, Portugal to host 2 groups and 1 group in the 2nd stage and rest to be held in Spain.
                        https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Comment

biding togheter with 4 nations is just proof of danko radic and basketball federation idiotisam

thanks to handball and being touristic countrie we could organise in 5 days tournament for 48 countries, not 24

6-7 neaw built arenas over last few years, 3 of them for 10000+ people, + few good old arenas with one 10000+, and and 2 of them for 7000 and 5000 people. and bunch of hotels and apartments who are half empty in this time of year

ok, state is in crisies. but lol, others need to invest 3-4 time more then us

i'm 100% sure because being neighburs with slovenia, serbia, bih, montenegro, italy, close to maccedonia, whille also having regular guests from germany, france, czech and whole europe would just make tournament pay's of it self

but our morons are to dumb to relize that
                          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Well, for 2015 it's not Germany anymore, it's France and friends apparently ...
                            I don't know how the project started, but it looks like we somehow took over.

My local newspaper had more details on the 4 countries bid.

First round in Strasbourg, Milan, Berlin and Zagreb
                            Second round : 1 venue per country again. Lyon (ASVEL) and Dunkirk (Gravelines) are competing for hosting the games in France. I don't have any details for the other 3 countries.

Knockout games : all in Paris in the renovated Bercy area.

the newspaper said there were 4 countries and 7 cities concerned.
                            If both Lyon and Dunkirk count, then the second round games will also be played in Zagreb Milan and Berlin. If not, one of the other 3 countries will also use another arena for the second roung games.

Cost of the project : 35-40 mil euros. More than half for France alone.

Comment

This is just plain ridiculous Small countries like Lithuania or Slovenia manage to hold the event, but in 2015 we have 4 countries holding the event? Its a joke. What now? In the future olympic to be held in 10 countries at once?

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                                This is just plain ridiculous Small countries like Lithuania or Slovenia manage to hold the event, but in 2015 we have 4 countries holding the event? Its a joke. What now? In the future olympic to be held in 10 countries at once?
                                With the current crisis, it's the only option left.
                                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information