Eurobasket 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurobasket 2015

Germany (DBB) and France (FFBB) this week declared that they will pitch as co-hosters for Eurobasket 2015. The actual bid is not due until next year, a decision about where EB 2015 take place won't be made before 2012.

Other countries showing interest supposedly are UK and Russia. But UK media today report that the British probably won't bid facing the Fresh-German-Cooperation.

In August Germany withdrew its interest for Eurobasket 2013. French Federation today said that they work on a format where France and Germany will not meet before the quarter finals.

nb: In 2015, Dirk Nowitzki will be 37 years old, Tony Parker 33.
    Blogging about German and European basketball (in German): gruebelei.de

I don't get the point, why these two major European countries are bidding as co-hosts. Aren't there enough of facilities for all the youth competitions and the main championship to host at the same time in each of these countries separately?

Comment

Maybe france and germany want to be sure to host this event so they are uniting their forces

Comment

Why are none of these nations pitching for 2013? No offense to Slovenia, but it's a shame when they are left hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz View Post
          Why are none of these nations pitching for 2013? No offense to Slovenia, but it's a shame when they are left hosting.
          They (Croatia, Germany, BiH, Czecz rep.) got scared of Italian candidature and considered them a done deal thus not worth spending money on application, while Italy later renounced their canidature due to lack of any interest from their goverment.

I am not enthusiastic Slovenia is going to host the 2013 EC (if... of course) from bball point of view... but since it's Fiba rules and demands we're talking about, I believe the biggest shame will be that few next EC's actually won't be able to surpass the one in Slovenia considering the attendance or the atmosphere of the games (Lithuania excluded) even if Germany and France organise the EC with whole Benelux, Switzerland and Scandinavia along...

Germany and France should make an individual bid.

Neither of both federations obviously can't finance 8 millions € of organisation fee - for the size of both countries economies, that's not an excuse and just shows they want to continue the tradition of EC's being organised in a half amateur manner, the way all of them so far were...
          In the end majority of the population of both countries will barely know they're hosting an EC and by that fact EC's are loosing it's primarily purpouse and that would make an EC in Kazakstan, that might be hungry for any kind of sport event, more fertile for european basketballs growth.
          I am afraid individual organisation would take much more attention in the press.
          While combined candidature is understandable for ... Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands... or some of such combinations, due to one reason or another, I can't see a reason Germany or France wouldn't be able to organise it on their own. If they can't, that just means it will all be an average championship, while european basketball would need to raise the EC organisation level if they want good for the sport.

Before I start with even longer and larger diss with anything in connection with FibaEurope... they supposedly intend to make some radical changes regarding to european championships starting with EC15, so I might just wait with dissing further untill than...
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

eurobasket 2015 candidates

french basketball fed. web site.
            germany and france joint bid 2015 eurobasket.
            who knows other candidate for eurobasket 2015

Comment

I don't think there are other official candidacy for now, but there were strong rumors about Great Britain & Russia to bid for this eurobasket.

Italia on the other hand gave up biding for it i think.

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
                Not sure about Slovenia but i think they are also interested in organizing it.
                But they're already hosting Eurobasket 2013, it doesn't make sense.

I don't like an idea of Germany and France joint bid at all. Those two are among the largest countries in Europe, and if tiny Lithuania and Slovenia manage to host Eurobasket on their own, those should be able to do that too.

Comment

Yep, i edited too late, i messed up the eurobasket 2013 and 2015.

Anyway in both cases, since the world is coming to its end in 2012, no reason to care a lot about it imo

ps : to answer seriously, the problem is that France would like to organize it alone, but they can't since we don't have the arenas to host the event. Only Bercy can host 10000+.
                  It has more debatable consequences (such as qualifying the two countries while this euro qualifies for the olympics...). Or because Mainini is pushing for it (while being Fiba president...).

Comment

I would like to see a tournament organised in Germany.

Maybe because Turkey could only win a medal in front of their home crowd...
                    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

At this moment we can talk about 3 "candidates":
                      -Ukraine

-Russia

-Germany and France
                      Last edited by dewojos; 04-20-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
                        Yep, i edited too late, i messed up the eurobasket 2013 and 2015.

Anyway in both cases, since the world is coming to its end in 2012, no reason to care a lot about it imo

ps : to answer seriously, the problem is that France would like to organize it alone, but they can't since we don't have the arenas to host the event. Only Bercy can host 10000+.
                        It has more debatable consequences (such as qualifying the two countries while this euro qualifies for the olympics...). Or because Mainini is pushing for it (while being Fiba president...).
                        Isn't 4 years enough time to build one good arena? I think it's enough time ;] But the biggest problem is that probably no one wants that.
                        I'm on twitter

Comment

Look,i am guessing here,but the only country in Europe which can do it whatever it takes is Russia.
                          I mean if the requirement is arena of 15000,they will build two of them for 20000 each
                          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                            Look,i am guessing here,but the only country in Europe which can do it whatever it takes is Russia.
                            I mean if the requirement is arena of 15000,they will build two of them for 20000 each
                            And why should they do that, when they have the vanues and the infrastructure to host such a tournament even the next month... I don't think that only Russia is capable of building big arenas in Europe. Every big nation have the capabelities to do that.
                            Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                            Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Id like to see that here in Croatia, we have great infrastructure and all needed for that type of competition. Only problem is Basketball Federation, so nothing happens.
                              As of those candidates, would be nice to see EuroBasket in Germany or UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information