No announcement yet.

Eurobasket 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I don't want is a Eurobasket in Spain. LEB teams are praying for no more events to pay.
    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
    EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
      With the current crisis, it's the only option left.
      Lets get real.. every single one of those 4 countries could pull it on their own.

Crisis is just an excuse.. like it is for lots of stuff in Europe in last few years.

Comment

Basic organisation of european championship costs aproximately 30 million €. Seems a lot on first sight, but than again 10 million can be obtained directly through ticket revenue, 10 from marketing revenue (nevermind Fiba controls 90% of it), city participation or sponsorships etc. the other 10 might be considered as a loss, but in reality pays double through various multiplication process in small economy (therefor paid by the state if sane), due to turism - and multiplicators due investments or spenditures (this time tourists) is the far best way to fight the economic crisis.

Crisis should be an excuse. I'd understand Portugal getting a group or two toghether with Spain, but France, Germany, Italy and Croatia all together? no way, they're all more than capable to organise it by themselves.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Eurobasket 2015 hoste by the Ukraine

German media reports today, that Germany along with possible-co-hosts France, Italy and Croatia pulled out of the race due to sudden changes by FIBA Europe in its demands for hosting the 2015-tournament. This leaves the Ukraine as the sole candidate to host it.
          Source (German): http://www.focus.de/sport/mehrsport/...id_693991.html

One major issues seems to be presenting a sponsor that guarantees 4 Milll Euro even if its not sure if the candidates will be getting the go from FIBA Europe to host it.

Eastern European domination. Slovenia is next after Lithuania and Poland. Then Ukraine.

I from Wisconsin!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

As much as my misstrust of Fiba is showing through every post related to it's issues, I am actualy saying good job on this one.
            Sponsorship might just be a smokescreen as ussual. The true reason might as well be the opposition to the proposed tournament scheme. Let's be honest, Germany, France, Italy and Croatia all have infrastructure to host this event by themselves, either of them would deserve to host it, yet they created this proposal as an easy way out as obviously none of the federations feels competent to organise the championship by themselves (with actuall exception to Croatia, which will fall out due to all those consecutive tournaments in eastern europe). Hopefully that'll give a clear message to other countries thinking about doing the same. Honestly, if Slovenia and Lithuania as one of the smallest countries in europe can organise this competition, the only excuse for bigger countries is that they're just not interested enough in hosting it.

On the other hand, Fiba gets tons of money through TV rights from their competitions and I don't see that money getting invested back into basketball the way FIFA and UEFA do... this sponsor issue is just showcasing their actual greed. I will be most glad to change my opinion (don't generaly like to bitch around those issues without proofs), yet didn't manage to find FIBA's relevant financial report anywhere on the net and while asking them for it through one of the channels few years back of course I did not receive any answer. If any of our journalists reading this thread might actualy get close to that... I believe it would make a good reading as EC and WC are making money unproportional to the Fiba's effect.

At the end, I am glad the quadraple candidature lost with it's strange location scheme, while I'd be most happy to support the EC 2015 in either of those individual countries.
            Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 12-14-2011, 03:30 PM.
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

reportedley german and frace federations steped back to start "war" agaist fiba?

personaly i don't give damn because once again basketball would be played only in zagreb, and i'm sick of that evrything happens in zagreb

i wannt croatia to bid alone. sad thng is that croatia can organise EB alone today. 7-8 new arenas and bunch of hotels who are half empty during EB. but when morons from federation and politicans realize croatia unlike rest of countries could actualy make profit because there is not much investments, this new arensa will be 30-40 years old and not suted for such event like EB
              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

So Ukraine it will be...
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Lol, Croatia, France, Germany, and Italy all withdrew their bids so Ukraine had to get the host. Anyways, this is Italy's second time in the last two bids that they pulled out. Anyone know why?
                  sigpic

Comment

On December 18, 2011, the proposed venues are in the cities of Kharkiv, Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and the capital Kiev for the First Round with Odessa, Lviv and again Kiev hosting the Second Round and the Finals.

First round on east of Ukraine, second on west and final in central.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
                      Lol, Croatia, France, Germany, and Italy all withdrew their bids so Ukraine had to get the host. Anyways, this is Italy's second time in the last two bids that they pulled out. Anyone know why?
                      I am not sure about the first reason, I've heard rumours that they've missinterpreted the rules and considered 15.000 arena is demanded for EC finals, while in reality that's for WC only, 12.000 is enough for EC.
                      The second time they weren't participating alone, so I guess it wasn't their call.

Hopefully we won't witness any of such ridiciolous candidatures of 6 countries together, anymore.

Comment

cant wait ....
                        4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

With the recent events, are there any news about 2015 eurobasket in Ukraine?

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                            With the recent events, are there any news about 2015 eurobasket in Ukraine?
                            The latest news I found in Ukrainian sites about it - some problems with arenas' building, choosing mascot for tournament. So nothing to worry about, usual stuff

Comment

4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

Italy, as top seed, was able to find Russia in his group (with Switzerland)... wow... the history of tough draws for us is endless...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information