Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Vietnam have a basketball team/players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarknessFalls View Post
    For scouting purposes, it's better to get dual-citizenship by 16 for FIBA, and that would open up more options to play basketball.

So the sooner, the better especially if he's showing he can already play in Grade 7.

Any young talent that can be found around the world would be beneficial for future basketball considerations, especially in FIBA competitions.
    Just ask the Philippines how crucial that is.
    It was a joke,
    as in: "Dunkan Nguyen" = "Dunking When?"
    We The North

Comment

Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
      It was a joke,
      as in: "Dunkan Nguyen" = "Dunking When?"
      The pronunciation of Nguyễn resembles "Win" more than "When".

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        you should see their preseason games.
        Are they any good? I watched snippets of the games, not long enough to judge anything
        but it doesn't look very high level, maybe like US high school bball with a few standouts.

Comment

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
          Are they any good? I watched snippets of the games, not long enough to judge anything
          but it doesn't look very high level, maybe like US high school bball with a few standouts.
          its actually looking good

i am now a big fan of Can Tho Catfish and their cheerleaders Can Tho Greenie

spectators were awesome too. vietnam basketball is bound for greater things with crowd support like that..
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
            its actually looking good

i am now a big fan of Can Tho Catfish and their cheerleaders Can Tho Greenie
            spectators were awesome too. vietnam basketball is bound for greater things with crowd support like that..
            Crowd support is great, but to be honest its way lower level then the ABL teams, you need to start from grassroots level and built from young, it takes years or even more than a decade to develop a pool of talented players. You can see the difference in skill level when a team like Saigon Heat are pitted against better players/teams in the ABL.

Btw ,the only viet local that has significant minutes in abl is stefan nguyen, his a good facilitator but not dominant in scoring and I feel still not experienced enough generally. The rest of the locals can barely even play and look like amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
              Crowd support is great, but to be honest its way lower level then the ABL teams, you need to start from grassroots level and built from young, it takes years or even more than a decade to develop a pool of talented players. You can see the difference in skill level when a team like Saigon Heat are pitted against better players/teams in the ABL.

Btw ,the only viet local that has significant minutes in abl is stefan nguyen, his a good facilitator but not dominant in scoring and I feel still not experienced enough generally. The rest of the locals can barely even play and look like amateurs.
              the league is in its infancy. it will improve overtime. some VBL teams are participating in outside leagues like the one in Thailand right now. and some of the players are joining the vietnam ABL Team. hopefully VBL teams will also join philippine leagues like PBADL.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Basketball Players and Coaches of Vietnamese Heritage Wanted!

This is a great thread, wish i had known about this earlier. Vietnam is looking for additional Vietnamese heritage players to be a part of VBA, National Team, and the Saigon Heat. We are also looking for players of Vietnamese heritage for the women's national team. Please continue to share any players or coaches you may know of Vietnamese descent that might be qualified and interested.

Comment

I rencently get the VBA news in this website: http://ilike.com.vn/vba-ntBz3J.html. Besides, VBA 2018 seems to be interesting. Especially, Hanoi Buffaloes, that team is quite strong in this season. You can get information from that check this: http://ilike.com.vn/vba-tong-quan-ve...018-tqMAl.html
                  Tin tức NBA, Kỹ thuật bóng rổ

Comment

Yea Vietname has their own basketball league called VBA. And right now they are looking for new Vietnamese descents for next year season.
                    Check it out guys: https://vba.vn/heritage-recruitment/

Comment

Originally posted by khanhnguyen View Post
                      Yea Vietname has their own basketball league called VBA. And right now they are looking for new Vietnamese descents for next year season.
                      Check it out guys: https://vba.vn/heritage-recruitment/
                      You guys have improved alot, looking forward to the revamped Saigon Heat! I think you guys can beat Slingers this year.

Comment

VBA 2019 - VIETNAMESE HERITAGE RECRUITMENT

The year season of VBA will kickstart with the hunting for Vietnamese heritage players.
                        If you want to compete at the highest level of basketball and create your own legacy in your hometown – Vietnam, then this is your chance.
                        If you know someone, please introduce to them. Thank you <3

English version: bit.ly/VIETNAMESE-HERITAGE-RECRUITMENT

#VBA2019

Comment

There are many brands of basketball in the market. If you want to play smooth with the best basketball which run longer, then try to read some reviews.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information