Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Adriatic League the 2nd best League in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second league in Europe? and Partizan is champion every year, although last season we started with 4 defeats from 8 games , this season already 3 defeats..

I dont know if its second league in Europe but it had maybe most interesting final in the history of basketball

Kecman Scores in LAST SECOND - Cibona vs PARTIZAN FINALS NLB League for Season 2009/2010

at 0:18 second you can hear announcer say: ,,i'' that means ,,and'
    He wanted to say something like: and Cibona is NLB winner, but, we all know what happend in that moment
    Last edited by NidzaPBC; 11-01-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Hard to say which is the second league in Europe. I think this statement can better be made at the end of the season.

Last year, the Greek League was probably the second best. Almost all Greek teams in the EL and the Eurocup performed nicely. But at the start of the season that would have been hard to predict.

In any case, 2nd, 3d, 4th. Doesn´t make a lot of difference to me quality wise.
      PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

I'd take it as a personal offense that Israeli league isn't even mentioned

Back to the topic : 2nd best based on what ? Sport achievements of the teams participating or having the most talented players ? Not to mention TV income & attendance

I watched a couple of games of VTB league and have to admit : the players hardly know what they are playing for , so it usually goes to sort of practice game with extra wide rotation and no defense.

Adriatic league is good because this season it's even : every team can beat another ... hell even Siena isn't dominating Italian league anymore : does it make Italian league better - yes, but it could also mean that Siena weakened: worse sport achievements in Euroleague .

Comment

I've voted for the Turkish League. I see this year very good rosters and 5-6 teams who can stay competing with FB and Efes.
          FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
          EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzaka View Post
            I've voted for the Turkish League. I see this year very good rosters and 5-6 teams who can stay competing with FB and Efes.
            Yeah, turkish league is the most balanced league in europe with adriatic, but turkish teams have by far better level than adriatic teams.
            BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

I am checking the rosters of the Russian teams..

Now, I can't even consider the Turkish league as a top-4 one

St Petersburg has Smush Parker as their back up PG and Miha Zupan as back up PF and they still aren't a top-4 team there
              Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post

St Petersburg has Smush Parker as their back up PG and Miha Zupan as back up PF and they still aren't a top-4 team there
                Actually, right now St Petersburg are Top-3 team : they are 2-1 ( lost in close game to CSKA and pretty comfortable beat Top-3 wannabe UNICS )

As for their roster, Zvika Sherf build freaking fantasy team over there ( no wonder with sponsors like Gazprom ) Dijon Thompson ( was a defensive umbrella in Jerusalem), Parker, Zupan , Antic

Too bad Lasme was forced to leave, but instead of him Sherf brought the guy who crushed him with Israel NT in Eurobasket2009: Pero Antic .

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post

Galatasaray Cafe Crown won against St. Petersburg at Eurocup elemination this year.
                  Turkish National Team in 2016

PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Ă–zmızrak
                  SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
                  SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
                  PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
                  C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

Comment

Originally posted by euskadi View Post
                    every year before new season start people are saying that this is the weakest season ever ... no more players like pekovic, velickovic, tomic, tepic, tripkovic, peric, dasic, tomas, gordon, anderson, markovic, marjanovic, vidmar, prledzic, barac, maric, mcalebb, keselj, bjelica, andric .... at the end of season they said this was best season ever

european strongest clubs will again buy kids like bogdanovic, radosevic, zubcic, delas, batur, barac, nedovic, vesely, milosavljevic, macvan ... in beginning of next season people will again say this is worst season ever ... but again, new kids will come... better and better

and what's most important wage budgets of all clubs whole league is smaller than barcelona wage budget

so yes, abl is 2nd best eurepean league
                    +1

The talent is what makes this league 2nd best, there is no any other league (or region) in Europe that produces that much talent.

If the clubs had the money to keep the players for more then couple of years this thread would be named "Is the ACB League 2nd best League in Europe".
                    ...i kada odete, mi cemo ostati...

Comment

Originally posted by kemikal View Post
                      +1

The talent is what makes this league 2nd best, there is no any other league (or region) in Europe that produces that much talent.

If the clubs had the money to keep the players for more then couple of years this thread would be named "Is the ACB League 2nd best League in Europe".
                      Hahahhahahahhahah. See barça with less money than CSKA, PAO, Oly how pwnz their asses
                      BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Originally posted by kemikal View Post
                        +1

no thanks.. our theritory is good because we have nice list of young players.. and they are coming up... if we have money, this league will be full of "superstars".. for me i really enyoi in slovenian league this year, becase is full of young players.. few teams (HELIOS, LAĹ KO..) have from 12 players 2 veterans and 10 young players. (1990+)
                        Favourite Clubs:
                        KK Krka
                        Union Olimpija

Favourite League:
                        ABA-NLB
                        Euroleague
                        NBA

EUROBASKET 2013-SLOVENIJA

Comment

Mario Kasun told today for slovenian website that in his opinion this league is second in europe by quality. He also mentioned that the league would be the best in europe if the clubs would have enough money just to keep their best players.

Speaking about Barca, they paid 3,5 millions just for Rubio, so I think it's not fair comparing them to any other club's financial structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jun-fan View Post
                            Mario Kasun told today for slovenian website that in his opinion this league is second in europe by quality. He also mentioned that the league would be the best in europe if the clubs would have enough money just to keep their best players.

Speaking about Barca, they paid 3,5 millions just for Rubio, so I think it's not fair comparing them to any other club's financial structure.
                            And how many euros did Oly payed for Children & Kleiza and what is the salarie of Batiste, DD, Span or Siska, Langdon, Smodis?. Barça has lower budget and is not a problem for us. We can beat them easily
                            BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
                              And how many euros did Oly payed for Children & Kleiza and what is the salarie of Batiste, DD, Span or Siska, Langdon, Smodis?. Barça has lower budget and is not a problem for us. We can beat them easily
                              LOOL Navarro more then a mill, Rubio more then a mill, Lorbek more then a mill, Mickeal more then a mill, morris more then half a mill...

Poor poor Barca hahahah
                              My homage to The heroes:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post
                                LOOL Navarro more then a mill, Rubio more then a mill, Lorbek more then a mill, Mickeal more then a mill, morris more then half a mill...

Poor poor Barca hahahah
                                Ricky doesn't earn more than a mill, he earns 700.000
                                BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information