View Poll Results: Which is the 2nd best league in Europe?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adriatic League

34 35.79%
  • VTB League

16 16.84%
  • Turkey TBL

18 18.95%
  • Italy Lega-1

6 6.32%
  • Russia PBL

2 2.11%
  • Greece A1

14 14.74%
  • Germany BBL

3 3.16%
  • France LNB

0 0%
  • Baltic League

0 0%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Adriatic League the 2nd best League in Europe?

Default Is the Adriatic League the 2nd best League in Europe?

Simple question, judging from the first weeks of the season

Ok, no question. Obviously ACB is the best, although Barcelona is expected to win one way or another (they didn't win last year though, despite being the best team in Europe hands down and this proves that this is a wonder league, so another reason to believe it is the best one)

But for the second spot?

My pick is the Adriatic. Partizan has three losses, Cibona is coming from back-to-back big wins, Union Olimpija is atop of the standings with an overachieving dream start, even teams like newcomers Nymburk, full-of-talent Zagreb, the surprisingly good Zadar, unheralded and disappointing Igokea, the one-man-team Radnicki and the best value for your money, Macvan's Hemofarm are among contenders. Cedevita also looks good for some run and a super thin Red Star has yet to win (or to even contend for) a match

It could be the PBL or the VTB leagues, with several Euroleague teams playing there. Unics Kazan just beat Rytas on the road in VTB and Zalgiris beat Khimki the week ago. You have to admit that with one clash of that level every weekend, maybe Adriatic has a serious opponent

Also, in Italy, with Siena's first early season loss in years, we should be expecting something more. And despite them being unbeaten in the Euroleague's first two matches, Lottomatica lost in a dominant fashion at home. But, in general, Italy Lega-1 doesn't possess the strength of the above mentioned leagues. Not the leagues where Valencia has 1 win in 5 matches (and 2 in 8 in the season overall, despite De Colo's return)

Perhaps, they can challenge a league like the Turkish TBL, especially with Iverson arriving in Besiktas, with Efes looking good on paper but unreliable on court, Fener building heavy favorite potential and Galatasaray looking like an early super-underdog

And of course, none of the above is even approachable to the once considered as the best European league, the Greek A1. It is so sad to see how Olympiacos, without fans is beating AEK by 40 points in 25', how the whole season depends on the two matches between Panathinaikos and the Reds and then the playoffs don't reveal any chances for surprise at all. Would PAOK or Aris be able to beat the 4th best team in the above mentioned leagues in a best of 5? Let's say Hemofarm, Zalgiris, Unics Kazan, Virtus Bologna or Galatasaray?

My European League Rankings

1) Spain ACB
    2) Adriatic League
    3) VTB League
    4) Turkey TBL
    5) Italy Lega-1
    6) Russia PBL
    7) Greece A1
    8) Germany Bundesliga
    9) France LNB
    10) Baltic League
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

2 years ago...yes
    now...no

but this is most interesting season ever

Wink

I dont think so that adriatic league is second in Europe. My opinion:
    1. Euroleague
    2. ACB Spain
    3. Adriatic league....

For me, ACB is much more better then adriatic league....
    Bez KRALJA ne valja ![/SIZE][/SIZE]

Euroleague, Eurocup and Eurochallenge are not included in this thread for the reason that they are barely leagues bringing teams from all European countries

Leagues like VTB, Baltic League, Balkan United League and even Adriatic League are not multi-European leagues. They are leagues of specific European areas
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Thumbs up

My mistake, then it gona looks like this:
    1.ACB Spain
    2.Adriatic league, so yes its second league in europe then.
    Bez KRALJA ne valja ![/SIZE][/SIZE]

Can't take Adriatic League seriously until they implement a proper playoff series.Having a full regular season of 26 games and then a f4 to determine the winner makes no sense to me.Same goes for French or Israeli league.

For em the second league in europe is the Turkish league, Then VTB and finally Adriatic
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Last years we could say Greece League or Adriatic League is the 2th best league in Europe but I think this year Turkish League is the 2th best league in Europe.Olympiakos and Pao is good as every year but other Greek teams weaker than last years because of economic crisis..Same goes for Adriatic teams.Teams like Partizan,Cibona and Olimpija is weaker than last years.If you look to Turkish League there is a lot of good players like Allen Iverson,Aleksandar Rasic,Renaldas Seibutis,Luksa Andric,Preston Shumpert,Mire Chatman,Michael Wright,Sani Becirovic etc. playing in teams except Efes and Fener and you can't see that kind of players playing for mid-level teams in their league.
    Turkish National Team in 2016

PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Özmızrak
    SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
    SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
    PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
    C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

Quote Originally Posted by melizei View Post
    Last years we could say Greece League or Adriatic League is the 2th best league in Europe but I think this year Turkish League is the 2th best league in Europe.Olympiakos and Pao is good as every year but other Greek teams weaker than last years because of economic crisis..Same goes for Adriatic teams.Teams like Partizan,Cibona and Olimpija is weaker than last years.If you look to Turkish League there is a lot of good players like Allen Iverson,Aleksandar Rasic,Renaldas Seibutis,Luksa Andric,Preston Shumpert,Mire Chatman,Michael Wright,Sani Becirovic etc. playing in teams except Efes and Fener and you can't see that kind of players playing for mid-level teams in their league.
    true, i agree turkish and vtb league is stronger this year, maybe italian league to besides ACB

andric

olimpija is stronger than last years, same as cedevita and zagreb. + finacially quite rich new aditions like igokea and nymburk...so this year league is tighter and most iteresting than ever...only zvezda is week, rest can beat any team. player quality wise i agree, our clubs lost a lot as always, but past two seasons was true exodus. even average (or below average-depends how you looking) players like andric, ruzic, etc. left our clubs...but hey, new stars are making name for them self as evrey year and leaue is still prety strong + being hard to predict

the Balkan League

LEB Oro

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    the Balkan League
    are you serius

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    2 years ago...yes
    now...no
    +1

http://kosarka.org/main.asp?dir=news&newsid=36091

mario kasun words

Ako već nije zadovoljan trenutnom razinom igre svoje nove momčad, Kasun je ugodno iznenađen snagom lige u kojoj igra.
    "Ovo je nakon španjolske najjača liga", tvrdi Kas. "Tu je svaka utakmica pitanje života i smrti. Ne možeš se probuditi i reći idemo nekog 'nakantati' 30 razlike. Dođe ti Radnički pa se na nož s njima boriš, a oni kao nisu konkurenti za vrh. "

"Naravno da je u takvoj konkurenciji veći gušt igrati, ne igraš protiv 'indijanaca'. Svaka momčad je ozbiljna. Liga uopće nije slaba nego nema novaca. Da ima turske pare bila bi najjača u Europi. Samo da klubovi imaju novca zadržati igrače."
    If he is not sadisfied with his new team curentley level of play, Kasun is suprised with strenght of league.
    "This is strongest league after Spanish", says Kas. "Evrey game here is question of life and deth. You can't wake up and say we go there and kick somebody by 30 points. Radnički comes to you and you fight with them on knife, and they are not competition for top."

"Of corse that in that competotion is more likeble to play, you dont play against ´indians´. Evrey team is serius. Legue is not that week, but don't have money. If it had Turkish money it would be strongest in Europe. If just clubs had money to keep their players."

every year before new season start people are saying that this is the weakest season ever ... no more players like pekovic, velickovic, tomic, tepic, tripkovic, peric, dasic, tomas, gordon, anderson, markovic, marjanovic, vidmar, prledzic, barac, maric, mcalebb, keselj, bjelica, andric .... at the end of season they said this was best season ever

european strongest clubs will again buy kids like bogdanovic, radosevic, zubcic, delas, batur, barac, nedovic, vesely, milosavljevic, macvan ... in beginning of next season people will again say this is worst season ever ... but again, new kids will come... better and better

and what's most important wage budgets of all clubs whole league is smaller than barcelona wage budget

so yes, abl is 2nd best eurepean league

Second league in Europe? and Partizan is champion every year, although last season we started with 4 defeats from 8 games , this season already 3 defeats..

I dont know if its second league in Europe but it had maybe most interesting final in the history of basketball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnof...eature=related

at 0:18 second you can hear announcer say: ,,i'' that means ,,and'
    He wanted to say something like: and Cibona is NLB winner, but, we all know what happend in that moment
    Last edited by NidzaPBC; 11-01-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Hard to say which is the second league in Europe. I think this statement can better be made at the end of the season.

Last year, the Greek League was probably the second best. Almost all Greek teams in the EL and the Eurocup performed nicely. But at the start of the season that would have been hard to predict.

In any case, 2nd, 3d, 4th. Doesn´t make a lot of difference to me quality wise.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

I'd take it as a personal offense that Israeli league isn't even mentioned

Back to the topic : 2nd best based on what ? Sport achievements of the teams participating or having the most talented players ? Not to mention TV income & attendance

I watched a couple of games of VTB league and have to admit : the players hardly know what they are playing for , so it usually goes to sort of practice game with extra wide rotation and no defense.

Adriatic league is good because this season it's even : every team can beat another ... hell even Siena isn't dominating Italian league anymore : does it make Italian league better - yes, but it could also mean that Siena weakened: worse sport achievements in Euroleague .

I've voted for the Turkish League. I see this year very good rosters and 5-6 teams who can stay competing with FB and Efes.
    FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
    EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzaka View Post
    I've voted for the Turkish League. I see this year very good rosters and 5-6 teams who can stay competing with FB and Efes.
    Yeah, turkish league is the most balanced league in europe with adriatic, but turkish teams have by far better level than adriatic teams.
    BARÇA O MUERTE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast