Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milos Teodosić to San Antonio?

Spurs Are Scouting Milos - October 24, 2010, The Hoop Blog

According to Serbian portal, sportal.rs, the vice-president of the San Antonio Spurs, Dennis Lindsey was at the SEF stadium in Athens a few days ago watching the game of Olympiakos against Real Madrid. According to the Serbian article the reason he was there was to scout the Serbian star, Milos Teodosic, whose contract with Olympiakos expires at the end of this season.

Obviously in Olympiakos they have enough money to offer Teodosic a very big contract so it is also possible that his contract will be renewed before the end of this season.
    So, that's the rumor. First, Houston and Miami offered him a contracts with buy-outs, and now San Antonio is considering a contract.

Everybody knows how good Teodosić is, so San Antonio must be thinking seriously about giving him an offer soon. Teodosić would be a good player in the Spurs half-court system.

I wonder if San Antonio is still thinking about dropping Tony Parker.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

I think the biggest obstacle for him would be his attitude to blame everyone else but himself and love for overreacting .Mostly he can get away with that in Europe ,but NBA is different i hope.
    Reminds me of Ronaldo in football ,with his immense talent he used cheap tricks like diving or pretending to be injured to get opponent booked - to the level there his own team fans got fed up.It took few wise words from sir Alex (bollocking so to speak) for him to go straight.If anything,it helped him to become mega (media) superstar he is now
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

The San Antonio Spurs have been reputed for their recruited International players. My guess is that the Spurs see Teodosić as a potential contributor for their eventual re-construction with Duncan and Ginobili on the twilight of their careers. Parker could be the odd-man out as it is generally less favorable in perception to rebuild around a 30 year old Tony Parker, much less a long term contract. Which is why Teodosic is being eyed; but I don't think Teodosic is even close to considering the NBA.

Let's see how things playout.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        The San Antonio Spurs have been reputed for their recruited International players.
        Yes. They have "stolen" a lot of players overseas. Around the year 2000, they drafted three superstars: Ginobili, Parker, and Javtokas (if he hadn't gotten in that motorcycle crash, Javtokas would have been golden for SA after Robinson retired...big shame).
        My guess is that the Spurs see Teodosić as a potential contributor for their eventual re-construction with Duncan and Ginobili on the twilight of their careers. Parker could be the odd-man out as it is generally less favorable in perception to rebuild around a 30 year old Tony Parker, much less a long term contract. Which is why Teodosic is being eyed; but I don't think Teodosic is even close to considering the NBA.
        Everybody says that Teodosić doesn't want to go to the NBA, but I have never seen a direct quote from him. I would think that it's a question of money, like everything else.

I really can't believe that Teodosić's rights are not owned by anybody. The Spurs own the rights to Nando de Cola, who isn't half the player that Teodosić is. Heck, Teodosić is a better PG than most NBA PGs.

Does his "style" match the NBA style? Maybe, maybe not. He would be ideal for a team like the Spurs or the Lakers that do lots of half-court sets, I think.
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

put teodosic in knicks, they're champs immediately...

Comment

Seems like Teodosic in NBA is somewhat the same as Jasikevicius was if we would compare their PER 36. Teodosic is playing a lot at the moment, but can't put up an impressive numbers. Maybe he is still not 100%?

Did he disappointed you or vise versa? Personally he's playing at the level I expected.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              Seems like Teodosic in NBA is somewhat the same as Jasikevicius was if we would compare their PER 36. Teodosic is playing a lot at the moment, but can't put up an impressive numbers. Maybe he is still not 100%?

Did he disappointed you or vise versa? Personally he's playing at the level I expected.
              He is injured again. Third injury this year. His ankle seems to bother him. When he was healthy he played pretty well, especially in the clutch. Still he needs a full offseason to work on his body. He was injured during the summer as well. That is letting him down, and being in a shooting slump a bit. In terms of running the offense, playing for others he was doing a great job. His Win/Loss ratio is fantastic when he is on the floor for the Clippers.

Comment

Teo starts to performing better and again injury.

Comment

Don't also forget, Teodosic has to learn a new system ( as do some of his teammates). Judge him on how he does next season.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information