X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lithuanian cheerleaders!

Here are three good videos:

Great videos Hepcat

I saw a similar version of the Michael Jackson dance routine in Istanbul and this is the video I took when I was there.

This is a video of the FIBA Dance Squad dancing to Michael Jackson at the 2010 World Championships in Istanbul, Turkey

Also I hope you don't mind but the routine of these Khimki girls whom I also happened to take a video of in Izmir were quite special

This is a video of the FIBA Dance Squad (Khimki Girls) at the 2010 World Championships in Izmir, Turkey

(P.S: I wasn't the one whistling but apparently I kept on saying nice... )

Comment

Cool. Your videos are famous!

Comment

nice videos! professional cheer leaders helps the team big time in terms of crowds cheering and relaxation
        Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Here's another:

Comment

Hey Hepcat,how do they compare to American cheerleaders in general?
            I am sure that they are better looking though )
            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

The Lithuanian cheerleaders I see in these videos are definitely more attractive overall with better toned bodies than the Toronto Raptors cheerleaders:

The Lithuanian cheerleaders are also more polished dancers. The Lithuanian girls also also better dancers than the cheerleaders of the Toronto Argonauts:

Some American football teams seem to have more attractive cheerleaders overall but a man has to be careful about what he's admiring from a distance these days as it might be implanted silicone:

Then there's my alma mater, the University of Western Ontario, which boasts not only the top rated business school in Canada but a football team that's a powerhouse year in and year out! With 29 Yates Cup championships indicative of Ontario university supremacy, Western has won more than any other university. The Western Mustangs have also appeared in twelve Canadian championship Vanier Cup games since 1965, more than any other university, winning six of them giving the Mustangs the co-lead for wins with Laval.

You would think that such a football team would also have a crackerjack cheerleading team to cheer them on to victory. Well they do. Western's cheerleading team is not only the perennial Canadian champion but has won several North American championships:

Canadian Champions 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010

Cheersport Nationals College Champions 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011

American Open Collegiate Division National Champions 2005

NCA Nationals International Division Champions 2001 2002 2003

As you can see, the concept of college cheerleading is very different from that of the dance troupes fielded by professional teams.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-22-2018, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I do understand that you are keen on your alma mater,but american football in Canada?So you are really proud of that?
                Isn't as bad as basketball compared to USA ?

Comment

It's not American football! Teams in Canada play Canadian football which has substantially different rules. The games in Canada and the United States evolved at the same time but separately from each other since Harvard journeyed to Montreal to play McGill in 1874.

Here are some of the rule differences:

1. The Canadian field is 110 yards long with two twenty yard endzones. The U.S. field is 100 yards long with two ten yard endzones.

2. The Canadian field is 65 yards wide. The U.S. field is 53.3 yards wide.

3. The Canadian game is played with twelve men per side while the U.S. game is played with eleven men per side.

4. The Canadian game is played with only three downs(chances) to move the ball ten yards in total. The U.S. game has four downs.

5. Receivers in Canada must land with their first foot in bounds when they catch the ball. In the States both feet must land in bounds.

6. Unlimited motion is allowed in Canadian backfields. In the States forward motion is not allowed toward the line of scrimmage before the snap of the ball.

7. The defending team must line up a full yard from the line of scrimmage in Canada. In the U.S. it's the other side of the ball.

8. A single point is awarded to teams kicking the ball through the endzone or tackling a returner in the endzone in Canada. This concept bewilders Americans with their puny endzones.

9. Only twenty seconds are allowed between plays in Canada while forty seconds are allowed between plays in the States (although admittedly time is whistled in much more quickly in the States).

10. The Canadian ball is just slightly bigger since it does not taper quite as quickly as the American ball. The Canadian ball also has two stripes.

Rules two and five make for a much wider playing field in Canada which facilitates the passing attack. The three downs in Canada means that offensive teams must open it up and go for longer gains since grinding it out is a strategy that doesn't work in Canada. Therefore, Canadian football is a more wide open game with more scoring than in the United States. Last year 50.4 points were scored per game in the CFL while the NFL total was 44.1 points per game.

It's the same sport but the game is very much different in Canada. Many American players are unable to make the adjustment.

Here are the current standings of the professional Canadian Football League:

---------------------------W-L

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Edmonton Eskimos-----------7-4
                  Calgary Stampeders---------7-4
                  British Columbia Lions--------5-6
                  Saskatchewan Roughriders---4-7

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Winnipeg Blue Bombers--------8-3
                  Montreal Alouettes------------6-5
                  Hamilton Tiger-Cats-----------5-6
                  Toronto Argonauts------------2-9

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-11-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Vow,that was very informative,no pun intended.I did not know about this difference.
                    I did try to watch few super bawls? here on BBC ,but man,that was just too boring.
                    But ...I have a friend here ,she used to live in USA for a while (ALASKA) - she said she loved that super thingy,because they would go to the bar,eat oysters and get smashed.
                    Anyway
                    Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                    Many American players are unable to make the adjustment.
                    How about opposite?
                    Does it apply to Canadians trying in USA too?

Comment

Originally posted by auris1
                      Isn't as bad as basketball compared to USA ?
                      It's actually not "fair" to compare the level of college sports in Canada to those in the States. Athletic scholarships in Canada are trivial or nonexistent while those in the United States are lucrative full scholarships that enable the "student" to attend college with no financial concerns.

As a result, student athletes in Canadian universities are truly students who also happen to be pretty good athletes. It's not uncommon for students from the engineering, law, medicine, business, etc. schools to play on university sports teams in Canada. After graduation, the student athletes have a real university education.

The fellows playing on American college teams are seldom students attending the college to study geology, music or architecture for example. They are simply athletes hoping to develop their skills to the point where they are drafted into the pro ranks. It's shamefully common for college athletes to be barely literate when they graduate in the United States.

But ...I have a friend here ,she used to live in USA for a while (ALASKA) - she said she loved that super thingy,because they would go to the bar,eat oysters and get smashed.
                      The Grey Cup Game which determines the champions of the CFL in late November is known as Canada's national drunk. The Grey Cup Festival is great fun.

How about opposite?
                      Does it apply to Canadians trying in USA too?
                      It's much easier for Canadians to adapt to U.S. football. It may be labelled American cultural imperialism, but NFL games are televised and very widely watched in Canada. Therefore most Canadians know the American game every bit as well as the Canadian game. Putting it another way, Canadians know all about the Oakland Raiders and the Dallas Cowboys. Meanwhile most Americans can't even find Saskatchewan on the map and could not care less about any sport outside their country.

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-11-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Žalgiris cheerleaders video

Comment

It's much easier for Canadians to adapt to U.S. football. It may be labelled American cultural imperialism, but NFL games are televised and very widely watched in Canada. Most Canadians know the American game every bit as well as the Canadian game. Putting it another way, Canadians know all about the Oakland Raiders and the Dallas Cowboys. Meanwhile most Americans can't even find Saskatchewan on the map and could not care less about any sport outside their country.

I have to admire the length you go to avoid answering one simple question of mine - is there any Canadians playing in NFL?

Comment

Yes there are:

Canadians in the NFL

I actually had to look up that detail because I don't actively follow the careers of Canadians playing in the NFL. I can tell you a lot about the stats of the fellows playing in the CFL though!

Comment

Yes there are:

Canadians in the NFL

I actually had to look up that detail because I don't actively follow the careers of Canadians playing in the NFL. I can tell you a lot about the stats of the fellows playing in the CFL though!

I definitely see where are you coming from.It was silly from my side to imply something that i do not believe myself.
                              I guess i do prefer LKL to NBA too ,no matter what.
                              Same goes to you preferences -local stuff is the best

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information