View Poll Results: ESPANA or HELLAS, whose the WBC2006 CHAMPION?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELLAS

61 67.03%
  • ESPANA

30 32.97%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals: ESPANA vs HELLAS

Quote Originally Posted by ncroc
    I think with Gasol, Spain will win. I was kinda dissappointed with Spaniards' performance against Argentina but again its Argentina not Lithuania. Spain vs USA was my prediction for the final after the preliminary round.Well Greece did an incredible job. Congratulations. (USA havent won the tournament since 1994 so they have done really really great job )
    My question is more of a moral one. What does it mean if Greece wins ? Spain has lots of good young generations that plays finals at Euro U16, U18, U20. Spain puts lots of money and energy for young generations development. If Spain wins, I will conclude that the most important point is to have good young generations. So go make more basketball courts all around the country. Train better coaches that will train the young players, etc... Thats the key to success.
    However what kind of advice will you take from Greece's success. Nothing is impossible ? You should play with your heart ? Try to create good team ? These all seem like results. It doesnt give you any idea about how you can achieve them. Create good team, sure, everybody wants to do that but how ? Play with your heat, sure, but again how ?
    May be somebody else can tell me what we can actually learn from Greece's success.
    So in this respect Spain should win so that every will focus on the young generations. Apart from that I dont care who wins, I only hope to watch a nice game.

Ok, Sergio Rodriguez, I really don't like this type of attitude. Most Greek people wished Gasol play but it's not our fault he isn't playing and using it as an excuse is really low.
    I also feel very offended by some comments I read from some people here who don't seem to want Greece to win. I just don't like this bitterness from some people here. Oh well what can you do, idiots and bitter people will always be idiots and bitter people.

I'm also very offended by ncroc's post. That's all I have to say.

It isn't an excuse, it's pure reality: Pau Gasol is the most important player in the Spanish roster.
    We have a nice team without him which can no doubt beat Greece, but we are really worse without him.
    And comparing Gasol with Nikos Zizis is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SergioRodriguez
    It isn't an excuse, it's pure reality: Pau Gasol is the most important player in the Spanish roster.
    We have a nice team without him which can no doubt beat Greece, but we are really worse without him.
    And comparing Gasol with Nikos Zizis is a joke.
    You're still using it as an excuse and that's very low of you. I'm sorry but that's how it is. Personally I would prefer Greece to play against Spain with Gasol because I'm tired of hearing these excuses everytime. What can you do though?

Come on, greek fans, stop attacking SergioRodriguez, he's the only spanish guy here, and, yes, he's saying truth. btw, don't start to be arogant, I see it sometimes, and it makes a bad impresion...

Today I was rooting for European teams, and I'm really happy both won!
    In finals... I think Greece has more chances, but still I'm not sure, for whom I'll root.

hope to see BEfuckingAUTIFUL final!

noone is comparing zisis with gasol!i guess you don't understand what we are saying!because we can understand how big is the loss for spain if gasol won't play we are just saying that that's one of the great thing that greece has!we have noone in the team like gasol or like dirk or like yao!all the players are equal!so when one is missing the others can still play without any problem!in spain gasol is the nr1 player!in greece we don't have a player that you can say that he is nr1!

but i agree with you that spain is not like germany that without dirk can't do anything!spain even when gasol is missing is a great team with fantastic players and of course can beat greece!
    http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
    Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Quote Originally Posted by re5pectas
    Come on, greek fans, stop attacking SergioRodriguez, he's the only spanish guy here, and, yes, he's saying truth. btw, don't start to be arogant, I see it sometimes, and it makes a bad impresion...

Today I was rooting for European teams, and I'm really happy both won!
    In finals... I think Greece has more chances, but still I'm not sure, for whom I'll root.

hope to see BEfuckingAUTIFUL final!
    I hear that so many times but I honestly don't see how I'm being arrogant. And like I said I would prefer if Greece played against Gasol (or against a complete Argentina). That's not arrogance, that's good sportsmanship.

Well, I agree that Greece is more balanced, but I think they have 3 players who are clearly the best ones and the most important for Hellas success: Papoloukas, Diamantidis and Spanoulis, in that order. I think Papaloukas is the most important player.
    Spain is well balanced too, Gasol p.e averages just 26.5 mpg, but it's true we rely more in our star player than Greece (probably because our star player is better than Greece's star , altough Papaloukas is one of my favourites).
    Anyway I am not using that as an excuse, the winner of Sunday match will be the well deserverd World Champion

Well, I agree that Greece is more balanced, but I think they have 3 players who are clearly the best ones and the most important for Hellas success: Papoloukas, Diamantidis and Spanoulis, in that order. I think Papaloukas is the most important player.
    Spain is well balanced too, Gasol p.e averages just 26.5 mpg, but it's true we rely more in our star player than Greece (probably because our star player is better than Greece's star , altough Papaloukas is one of my favourites).
    Anyway I am not using that as an excuse, the winner of Sunday match will be the well deserverd World Champion
    Thank you for saying that and I hope that Gasol manages to recover from his injury and play in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hagakure
    I hear that so many times but I honestly don't see how I'm being arrogant. And like I said I would prefer if Greece played against Gasol (or against a complete Argentina). That's not arrogance, that's good sportsmanship.
    I apreciate that.
    Now try to put on our (Spanish fans) position. The image of Pau in tears just after the buzzer of the Spain-Argentina game is really sad, the kid really deserved to be in the final of the WC.
    It's devastating for me and not just because it lowers our % of winning the match but because Gasol the person, the man.
    He really wanted it.

I apreciate that.
    Now try to put on our (Spanish fans) position. The image of Pau in tears just after the buzzer of the Spain-Argentina game is really sad, the kid really deserved to be in the final of the WC.
    It's devastating for me and not just because it lowers our % of winning the match but because Gasol the person, the man.
    He really wanted it.
    I totally understand that. He really deserves to play in the final after all that he's done. It's really unfortunate if he can't play. One of the reasons I wish he plays in the final is that it would be a shame if he missed it because of an injury.
    I can understand how the guy must feel.

We all enjoy our teams victories but lets face it, basketball is just a game and nothing more. We all take pride in the wins our countries have but in the end we all know that there are more important things in life. Like being healthy for example. Anyway, I don't know what else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ncroc
    I think with Gasol, Spain will win. I was kinda dissappointed with Spaniards' performance against Argentina but again its Argentina not Lithuania. Spain vs USA was my prediction for the final after the preliminary round.Well Greece did an incredible job. Congratulations. (USA havent won the tournament since 1994 so they have done really really great job )
    My question is more of a moral one. What does it mean if Greece wins ? Spain has lots of good young generations that plays finals at Euro U16, U18, U20. Spain puts lots of money and energy for young generations development. If Spain wins, I will conclude that the most important point is to have good young generations. So go make more basketball courts all around the country. Train better coaches that will train the young players, etc... Thats the key to success.
    However what kind of advice will you take from Greece's success. Nothing is impossible ? You should play with your heart ? Try to create good team ? These all seem like results. It doesnt give you any idea about how you can achieve them. Create good team, sure, everybody wants to do that but how ? Play with your heat, sure, but again how ?
    May be somebody else can tell me what we can actually learn from Greece's success.
    So in this respect Spain should win so that every will focus on the young generations. Apart from that I dont care who wins, I only hope to watch a nice game.
    You really don't make any sense. Before you post please think what you write. Greece also had very good youth teams (Third in WC U20 some years ago). Where do you think these players came from??? Spain is better of course but the Greek Basketball is just coming out of a huge crisis (as the Spanish and the Italians some years ago) .Even though we are at the WC final. You comments are tottaly bitter.

Spain has a good chance to win even without Gasol. However even with Gasol the chances would be 50-50. It's a WC final!!!! Hope Greece wins however.

I hope Greece wins, but if they don't I'll be happy for Spain.

So you can compare gasol to papaloukas but you are offended if they compare zisis to gasol ? You do understand you are not making any sense, dont you ? Comparing any of the above players with each other is simply a mistake. But it is also funny to see how you can do it, while others are arrogant when they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by strath
    You really don't make any sense. Before you post please think what you write. Greece also had very good youth teams (Third in WC U20 some years ago). Where do you think these players came from??? Spain is better of course but the Greek Basketball is just coming out of a huge crisis (as the Spanish and the Italians some years ago) .Even though we are at the WC final. You comments are tottaly bitter.

Spain has a good chance to win even without Gasol. However even with Gasol the chances would be 50-50. It's a WC final!!!! Hope Greece wins however.
    Spain is better of course ? Now that didnt sound arrogant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardusted
    So you can compare gasol to papaloukas but you are offended if they compare zisis to gasol ? You do understand you are not making any sense, dont you ? Comparing any of the above players with each other is simply a mistake. But it is also funny to see how you can do it, while others are arrogant when they do it.

Spain is better of course ? Now that didnt sound arrogant at all.
    Stardusted, SergioRodriguez explained what he/she means in a later post. No need to start this all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardusted
    I can do it, and anybody can do it.
    I have never said anyone in this forum is arrogant, what are you talking about?
    And I am not offended if someone compare zizis to gasol, I can do that comparision too and isn't offensive: Gasol>Zisis.

Oh, come on. How long do you intend to continue with this? It seems like you all were waiting for this. Why don't you call some of your article writers to post a reply to ncroc's post, too?

There are nicer ways of saying that you don't agree, or his words are not true!

Quote Originally Posted by sariss
    Oh, come on. How long do you intend to continue with this? It seems like you all were waiting for this. Why don't you call some of your article writers to post a reply to ncroc's post, too?

There are nicer ways of saying that you don't agree, or his words are not true!
    I'm not sure if I should reply to this but you are right. Greek basketbal fans were waiting for something like this. I don't know if you can understand it but it has been really hard for us greek fans to watch every other country send players to the NBA, while greek players are constantly being called unathletic, shorter than they really are (Schortsanitis) and many oher things, from people who in many cases have never even seen them play.
    While I agree with you that it can be annoying, I hope you can understand why some greek people like Stardusted are angry.
    Personally, I know why it happens. Most of us here only care about their country. So when someone says something bad about a player from another country they don't really think of how people who read that will feel.
    I always try to avoid talking about things that I don't know much about (even though I'm sure that I have said ignorant things too, it's only human afterall) and it would be great if more of us tried to do that too, but sometimes on message boards it's inevitable that things like this are being said.
    Anyway, I hope this all makes sense.

Ok, Hagakure. I really wish to be in a position in the future to understand what you feel right now when our team reaches a final, after a great win against USA. Please God, I promise I will read every single negative post with pleasure.

Nikos Zisis stated after greece's great victory against team us that he wants to be included in the roster of the Greek NT in Sundays final game

i will translate some quotes from his statement from:http://japan2006.contrasport.com/tea...ce/128233.html

"i trully want to play..i want to wear my teams uniform for the final..this is something we will talk about.. we had a fantastic game and the fact that us roster included real quality players makes our success even greater"

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast