Finals: ESPANA vs HELLAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finals: ESPANA vs HELLAS

Who's taken home the gold and bragging rights as world champions this year, and who is going to take the back seater in this thrilling match?

I personally want Greece to win

vote and let's discuss it
    HELLAS
    0%
    ESPANA
    0%

The poll is expired.

"A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Spain and Argentina have always been my favorites.

Not to underestimate or to discredit, but this time I honestly don't see a chance for Spain. It's more of a feeling, rather than logic.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

With or without Gasol: My vote goes to Greece and Papaloukas for MVP

Comment

today after the game with usa in greece there is a feeling that we will finally make it and be the world champions.with gasol playing or not!
        it is the exact same feeling that we had last year after the game with france in semis in belgrade!we almost new that germany won't be able to stop us from taking the gold!
        the good thing is that the players have proved that don't get overexcited after a win!even if this win is so importand!they manage to stay calm and be ready for the next game!that's what they will now do!hope they do it as always the right way!
        http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
        Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

The thread start with 2 replays from Turks. I have the feeling that this is hopeful for Hellas. With such comments, secret and mystical ways of destiny, lead to a greek victory.

Comment

Probably Greece has the edge even with Gasol but I watched some parts of the Spain-Arg match and the spaniards did impress me.
            Then again without Gasol it seems the odds favor Greece by some margin but one should not forget that in such situations other players go beyond their limits to compensate for the loss. Gasol not playing might be a bad thing for the Greeks

Anyway it will be a great final with two great teams battling it out. May the better win!

Comment

Well, I do think that greece won't shoot so good against Spain. Their defense is not as good as it was last year, so i Think Spain should win this one. Whatever, a new winer is a great thing!!
              It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Greece is a team full of winners.they have taken everything the last 4years.They know how to handle the pressure and how to play in big games.Plus they have super scouting team with maybe the best coach Europe has.For me 60-40 to greece.
                If Spain play without Gasol it will be difficult for them.
                Lets see a nice game a bring the gold to Greece
                1st in IBN 2018-2019
                2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                1st in IBN 2014-2015
                2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                1st in IBN 2008-2009
                2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                @RankingsSport

Comment

It is going to be a hard encounter, but I believe that, even without Gasol Spain it will even win by +15

Comment

A final is a final and anything can happen. In any case we will have a first time world champion and (VERY important i think!) a european final. These 2 teams almost met last year (if it wasn't for nowitzki's basket 3" before time in the semifinal) so let's see what happens
                    sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

I voted Greece...
                      I think they deserve it after the win against U.S....
                      I also have a feeling...
                      +7...
                      ARIS THE EMPEROR...

Our dreams...

Your nightmares...

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK...

ARIS SUPER-3-

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Salonica B.C.
                        I voted Greece...
                        I think they deserve it after the win against U.S....
                        I also have a feeling...
                        +7...
                        Surely??. I believe that more Spain deserves itself since Argentina is far better that U.S.

Comment

I Vote for Greece since they had a very convincing win over the US. and IMHO I feel the this US team is better than Argentina so gooo Hellas But as said, its the finals so anything can happen.
                          "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

I think with Gasol, Spain will win. I was kinda dissappointed with Spaniards' performance against Argentina but again its Argentina not Lithuania. Spain vs USA was my prediction for the final after the preliminary round.Well Greece did an incredible job. Congratulations. (USA havent won the tournament since 1994 so they have done really really great job )
                            My question is more of a moral one. What does it mean if Greece wins ? Spain has lots of good young generations that plays finals at Euro U16, U18, U20. Spain puts lots of money and energy for young generations development. If Spain wins, I will conclude that the most important point is to have good young generations. So go make more basketball courts all around the country. Train better coaches that will train the young players, etc... Thats the key to success.
                            However what kind of advice will you take from Greece's success. Nothing is impossible ? You should play with your heart ? Try to create good team ? These all seem like results. It doesnt give you any idea about how you can achieve them. Create good team, sure, everybody wants to do that but how ? Play with your heat, sure, but again how ?
                            May be somebody else can tell me what we can actually learn from Greece's success.
                            So in this respect Spain should win so that every will focus on the young generations. Apart from that I dont care who wins, I only hope to watch a nice game.

Comment

I think with Gasol, Spain will win. I was kinda dissappointed with Spaniards' performance against Argentina but again its Argentina not Lithuania. Spain vs USA was my prediction for the final after the preliminary round.Well Greece did an incredible job. Congratulations. (USA havent won the tournament since 1994 so they have done really really great job )
                              My question is more of a moral one. What does it mean if Greece wins ? Spain has lots of good young generations that plays finals at Euro U16, U18, U20. Spain puts lots of money and energy for young generations development. If Spain wins, I will conclude that the most important point is to have good young generations. So go make more basketball courts all around the country. Train better coaches that will train the young players, etc... Thats the key to success.
                              However what kind of advice will you take from Greece's success. Nothing is impossible ? You should play with your heart ? Try to create good team ? These all seem like results. It doesnt give you any idea about how you can achieve them. Create good team, sure, everybody wants to do that but how ? Play with your heat, sure, but again how ?
                              May be somebody else can tell me what we can actually learn from Greece's success.
                              So in this respect Spain should win so that every will focus on the young generations. Apart from that I dont care who wins, I only hope to watch a nice game.
                              You are trying to find a meaning in both cases ah?Well you better stop cos you're offtopic and totally wrong allready!!It seems that you're watching only spanish basketball!!!!Greece has had many successess in u18,u21 too.

Scortchianitis didn't just drop from the sky you know, he played in those teams.Just a year ago our young team (with mayrokefalidis,xaritopoulos,basiliadis etc) came second in the world.

And it would be a waste of time and space to write the ages of the greek players (which you probably don't kow...avg.24~25-oldest player kakiouzis 30).

If you don't completely know a subject it would be better not to start writing all these philosophical and useless theories...
                              ...the gentle art of making enemies...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information