Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Men's Developmental National Team (U16,U17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree carlo. Gordon will need to work on his freethrows. Also, at times, his over aggression in attacking the rim or making a fancy pass can be refined and tuned to a better team game.

I look for Gordon to be in the mold of Blake Griffin or Shawn Marion.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

They should also add Keith Frazier. A 6-4 shooting guard that can really shoot and is the probably the best shooter in the class of 2013.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

USA Developmental National Team
        Mini-Camp
        Oct. 14-17
        Colorado Springs, Colorado
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
          USA Developmental National Team
          Mini-Camp
          Oct. 14-17
          Colorado Springs, Colorado
          Same players?

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
            Same players?
            I have no idea as well. Normally USA Basketball would announce the roster. But alas nothing yet.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Re:

Good to see Jaskin and Frk in the roster.

Comment

USAB has announced a 29 players roster for the mini camp that opens on Oct 15.

Three new players have been added, PG 6-0 Joel Berry, SF 6-7 Dwayne Morgan and SF 6-5 Justise Winslow, all of 2014 class.

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
                  USAB has announced a 29 players roster for the mini camp that opens on Oct 15.

Three new players have been added, PG 6-0 Joel Berry, SF 6-7 Dwayne Morgan and SF 6-5 Justise Winslow, all of 2014 class.
                  Hey Carlo, do you know why a few of the other top rated guys in the 2013 class aren't on this team? Do they miss the birthday cutoff I'm guessing? In particular Julius Randle and Nerlens Noel.

Comment

Yes, I too guess they aren't age eligible, though I don't have their exact bios.
                    Other two 2013 class missing big names are A&A Harrison, while a highly ranked center, Kennedy Meeks, was in the very first Developmental Team of 2010, so his absence this year isn't due to his age.
                    Anyway, I'm sure that several age eligible 2013 top players are missing just because they weren't available or they were simply left out by USAB.
                    On the "new" additions, Justise Winslow is actually a come back, as he was already listed in the 2010 Developmental Team roster.

Comment

Don Showalter was named co-Developmental Coach of the Year, sharing the recognition with Jill Rankin Schneider, for the excellent results achieved by the U16 USA teams in the 2011 Fiba Americas qualifiers.

Comment

A new batch of prospects are called up for both the men's and women's side.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Looks promising, based on the 2015 Top 25 ESPN ranking, out of 24 players (obviously excluding #1 Karl Towns) 18 have been called to the new developmental team.

Comment

Some more coverage on the new Developmental team:
                            MaxPreps News - Malik Newman, Ivan Rabb and Diamond Stone among top 2015 prospects headed to October mini-camp in Colorado.

Comment

Here is my take for the U16 Team if it were up to me to select the players of the team's composition.

CKR13's Team

Perimeter

Derryck Thornton
                              Jayson Tatum
                              Malik Newman
                              Joshua Langford
                              Eric Davis
                              Bryant Crawford
                              Harry Giles
                              Josh Jackson
                              VJ King

Daniel Giddens
                              Ivan Rabb
                              Diamond Stone

In case of injuries incurred, I would tap either Malik Monk and Henry Ellenson.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Interesting, but not easy to choose on paper, it looks anyway that post or big players are several and at very high level. Jessie Govan and Stephen Zimmerman are other highly ranked bigs.

Edit: Just adding some easy ranking refs, by ESPN 2015 class and by Prospect Central 2015 and 2016 .
                                Last edited by carlo; 10-12-2012, 05:30 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information