Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zjeliko Obradovic "Greece deserved the Bronze Medal"

from an interview to serbian tv

-Could you comment on the final classification of World Chanmpionships?

Serbia played amazingly and in my opinion they should have reached the final.Final rankings should go like this.Usa-gold medal,Serbia,silver and Greece Bronze

Για πρώτη φορά ο Ζέλικο Ομπράντοβιτς τοποθετήθηκε επίσημα τόσο για την μεταγραφή του Σπανούλη στον Ολυμπιακό αλλά και για όσα έγιναν στο ΣΕΦ στον τέταρτο τελικό, μιλώντας σε Σερβική τηλεόραση

Well what else would he say? I don't understand one thing about Obradovic. Every Serb that comes to Greece either to play or coach learns the language. Why has he never bothered to learn Greek? I mean... he's obviously clever enough. I personally think that he doesn't care much.

Comment

The journalist also comments that Tepic had a great tournament so it's possible they shared a bottle of Vodka before the interview.

Comment

Željko started drinking again.

Comment

I watched that show, and I believe that this was taken out of context...

But he certainly never said that Lithuania didn't deserve the Bronze Medal.

Zeljko said some good stuff about Tepic, but there was some criticism also.
          "One more thing, if any admin delit this topic than the next time you will hear from me will not be on this forum but in a court of law with human right crimes on your shoulders, racism, nazism, breaking international law."

Comment

Originally posted by elaj View Post
            Željko started drinking again.
            The only question is what?
            Vodka?
            Ouzo?
            Tequila?
            I guess it's ouzo
            http://youtu.be/dUY7SXnMAHM
            https://youtu.be/EQp8dsyWTxA
            https://youtu.be/8STniidh0TI
            https://youtu.be/I5fKLUWAkmY

Comment

Zjeliko has spent too much time in greece and is learning the language. as we say in greece... "λεμε και καμια μαλακια να περνα η ωρα"...

for non-greek speakers... translate.google.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kalashnikov View Post
                Zjeliko has spent too much time in greece and is learning the language. as we say in greece... "λεμε και καμια μαλακια να περνα η ωρα"...

for non-greek speakers... translate.google.com
                He is still learning? Stojakovic speaks perfect Greek and lived in the country much less than Zeljko did. It was a friend who pointed this out to me as I hadn't noticed, and it just seems weird to me why he never talks in Greek Duda speaks Greek... or at least tries

Comment

He was stripped of his metal. The decision was reviewed and it was later determined that he was right. The call made was unfair and he shouldn't have been disqualified for the gold medal round.

Comment

Originally posted by Red 7 View Post
                    He is still learning? Stojakovic speaks perfect Greek and lived in the country much less than Zeljko did. It was a friend who pointed this out to me as I hadn't noticed, and it just seems weird to me why he never talks in Greek Duda speaks Greek... or at least tries
                    Obradovic has said that the reason he hasn't learnt greek is that he doesn't want to understand what is told about him by the media. Besides, Stojakovic case is different. He came to Greece when he was around 16 years old so it was easier and more necessary for him to learn the language

Comment

wow.I love Zots and all ,but not even the most deluded fanatic,heck not even the players themselves would think that.
                      "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                        wow.I love Zots and all ,but not even the most deluded fanatic,heck not even the players themselves would think that.
                        Well,believe it or not those words are actually his.
                        According to superbasket.gr at least.
                        That said,tis a lame excuse indeed.

Comment

Obradovic understands spoken Greek perfectly. He just doesn't have the ability to speak perfectly. He can speak, I've seen him communicate in Greek once and he was not fluent of course... Knowing him through his coaching career, I guess he wants to be perfect at it before speaking in public

I guess he never bothered going anywhere to actually learn the language. Considering that there are also foreign players that do not speak Greek, it's easier to just speak in English all the time so that everyone understands

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information