Is FIBA corrupt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madmax View Post
    I'm sorry , but serbians have no right to complain about rigged games, since they were the original FIBA golden boys - refs never whistled a bad call against them in a period when Stankovic was a head of international basketball. That period of 1995 - 2002 was one of the most corrupt periods in FIBA, when lobbying and fixing the matches was a common thing to do. Now back to this year and Turkey game, I believe the end result was just an incompetence of the refs, not the malicious intent to deliberately harm serbian team. If they were good enough, they would't even let turks to come back into the match and give them a glimmer of hope. It was a dogfight in the end and turks appeared to fear better in tight situations - that is all.

i totally agree.Perfect comments.Thanks Madmax.This year in Semi finals Serbia Deserved the Final in the last minute.And yes in general AT THIS GAME -AT THIS GAME ONLY refs favoured us.But Serbians comments as,if there wont be refs we could smash Turks are poor comments.If they would be good enough they could smash us by +10.Without ref game gonna end Serbia leading 3-4 points.And in my opinion if both team plays 10 games for current rosters,5 for Turkey 5 for Serbia will be the end.
    And yes Serbians are the last ones to complain about refs,when we remember 95 and 02.

Comment

Originally posted by Test View Post
      In 1995 was worst robbery ever. Anyone who is not delusional knows that Lithuania should win that game... However in 2010 Serbs definitely deserved finals. I see things with my own eyes and I trust my eyes more than some poster who claims I am wrong. I just can not understand why other countries don't even question FIBA officially? For example why Serbs didn't protest that clearly rigged game? Maybe they know that they can not do anything
      If they would gonna protest FIBA,they knew that they would gonna get reply sth like that.-ok u are right refs fu.ked up the last minute,but please don't complain about refs after 95 n 02.let the some other nation protests.

Comment

Originally posted by pablonis View Post
        1995, 2002?

Serbs, with all due respect, just shut up.
        1995 was clear victory of the Serbian team;2002 we got some help by the refs,especially in the last minute;only because we had players like Divac,Stojakovic and such players that were at the very end of their professional NT cariers.
        Originally posted by Stardusted
        It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
          1995 was clear victory of the Serbian team;2002 we got some help by the refs,especially in the last minute;only because we had players like Divac,Stojakovic and such players that were at the very end of their professional NT cariers.

stojakovic was at the very end of his pro NT carrier in 2002? are u drunk? or i misunderstood sth? he was 25 at this time and still playing as far as i know

Comment

When Stankovic was the head of FIBA, yougoslavian team had the help of refs in all the games they needed (I must admit, they didn't need much help in most of games, but when it was important, the refs were there to help them) and that was a big part of their success.

Nowdays it seems clear support goes only to home team and that is much better as each year the championship is in different country.

So I'd say now FIBA is less corrupt than before...
            Country music, whiskey and OK

Comment

I am sure FIBA is corrupt..
              I can give you many reasons:

Give qatari team to naturalize many players is a disaster.. how much they got paid .. I dont know who

Give the australian presidency always is kind of corrupt

Give oceanina two spots in world cup is kind of corrupt.. now they become having good level after letting them go to world class teams

Giving some adminsitrative posts to here and there is kind of corrut
              etc etc etc for me I dont care about corrupt because those are human being.. and human being will not be judged until he died

Comment

Originally posted by SparrowHawk View Post
                What about 1995., ha???

We won 9/9, winning twice against your Lithuania in 10 days... We won again against Lithuania a year latter in OI, all with Sabonis.
                Sabonis&Marciulionis&co simply were not good enough to match our players and bring a first gold to independent Lithuania, deal with that all ready.
                1995. it wasn't the refs, it was this man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHl8vAhfE_M who beat you. I really don't understand a group of you crying here like a babies for a ONE non existing foul called on Sabonis.

About 2002. go, watch the game and then come hear and speak. As I said, in other topic, yes, there was a foul in that last attack, and yes Argentina was damaged by the refs, and if it was whistled Argentina would probably won the game, but the refs were not on our side through the game, and didn't do us any favor. So again, Argentina have something to complain about, but also I could show you at least a hundred of games when the foul could be called in the last attack and the refs don't call it.
                In Turkey-Serbia match, there are simply to much of refs "mistakes", and if you can debut whether some fouls are existing or non existing, there was 2 clear fouls on Velickovic in last two attack for Serbia in last ten seconds similar to Argentina match, which were not called, and plus you have the illegal move by Tunceri seen by ref who is in front of him and watching him.
                Djordevic played great but the ghost fouls on Sabonis were ruining us and we sill hanged close. You were not stronger both NT's were pretty much equal in strength. We had a better game that night but Djordevic kept you around but the refs gave you the win.

Ask non-serbian and non-lithuanian fans who watched the game and most will tell it was a robbery. Your NT was great but so was ours but in that game refs were the main guys shadowing even 41 points of your leader.

Why do you think our NT were willing to abort the game all together and the only reason they stayed was because Djord and others convinced them not to abort the game? Were the such pussies or crybabies? Hardly. It was because the refereeing in that game was atrocious and it all went for your.

Comment

1995. it wasn't the refs, it was this man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHl8vAhfE_M who beat you. I really don't understand a group of you crying here like a babies for a ONE non existing foul called on Sabonis.
                  It's off topic, but SaÅ¡a Đorđević almost of his 9 triples with no defense by Lithuania. It's absolutely impossible, nowadays, any team guard an hot handed shooter like Lithuania did in EB'1995.
                  About the game, Sabonis behaved like a criying baby during the whole game, even tried to abandon the match due to the "refs lobby against Lithuania". I don't think Serbs were helped by the refs in this game.

About 2002. go, watch the game and then come hear and speak. As I said, in other topic, yes, there was a foul in that last attack, and yes Argentina was damaged by the refs, and if it was whistled Argentina would probably won the game, but the refs were not on our side through the game, and didn't do us any favor. So again, Argentina have something to complain about, but also I could show you at least a hundred of games when the foul could be called in the last attack and the refs don't call it.
                  Argentina was completely robbed in this WC final. Divac was unbelievably protected by the refs against the best Argentina of the history.
                  https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Comment

Originally posted by Luíz for 3 View Post
                    It's off topic, but SaÅ¡a Đorđević almost of his 9 triples with no defense by Lithuania. It's absolutely impossible, nowadays, any team guard an hot handed shooter like Lithuania did in EB'1995.
                    About the game, Sabonis behaved like a criying baby during the whole game, even tried to abandon the match due to the "refs lobby against Lithuania". I don't think Serbs were helped by the refs in this game.

Argentina was completely robbed in this WC final. Divac was unbelievably protected by the refs against the best Argentina of the history.

Djordji was the only good side of 95 final by playing incredible.And maybe without help of refs even he could gonna bring gold to Serbs.
                    If the same refs would be the officals of Shaq team game,and give the same fouls as they did to Sabonis,Shaq would gonna beat team come on buddy refs stopped and limited Sabonis who could gigantically control inside area.And 95 Serbian NT was so good that,they would not look for refs help.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information