players' vertical jump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• players' vertical jump?

i wonder how much is/was the vertical jump of the most athletic players?
    like Jordan, Dominique, Carter etc.

by the way do volleyball players have greater vertical jump?

Spud Webb - 50" (he denies it though )
    David Thompson - 48"
    Isaiah Rider - 42"

Here are some from this page, but I dont believe some of them

"...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Michael Jordan was 48"
      2008... Beijing, China
      2010... Vancouver, Canada
      2012... London, United Kingdom
      2014... Shoci, Russian Federation
      2016... Madrid, Chicago, Tokyo???

Comment

How is this exactly measured?
        Touching the highest point you can reach by jumping and then subtracting your height from it?

Comment

I wonder what the "Air up there"'s vertical is, dude almost did a 720 dunk.
          They got guns, we'll maybe they'll squeeze// Im a piano, I got 88 keys//

Comment

Originally posted by Nakz
            How is this exactly measured?
            Touching the highest point you can reach by jumping and then subtracting your height from it?
            The difference from the highest tip of your reach and the highest tip of your reach when jumping in place. Take a piece of tape and reach as high as you can and put it on a wall. Now take a step and jump as high as you can and tape another tape to the wall. Measure the difference.
            "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by Zasalamel
              I wonder what the "Air up there"'s vertical is, dude almost did a 720 dunk.
              Yeah man I want to know too..but u know he might be one of them dudes with a 40" vertical but exxtra hangtime...Who knows

Comment

It's kinda debatable because because a lot of people say of course it was Jordan because he had a 48" inch vertical, but on the other hand some people say it was only 46" inches. LeBron has a vertical around 46.5" inches which is pretty close to Jordan. This is where it get's interesting because a player named wilt Chamberlain, you might of heard of him, once said his vertical was 48" inches easy. Which would put him at the top of the list. Wilt was over 7 feet tall so this is hard to believe. If you ever saw videos or heard story's of Wilt it should not be a big surprise. Wilt has the most myths about him in NBA history, he was not human.

Basketball players have higher verticals!

If you want to increase your vertical, I know of a jump program that will get you to these numbers if you try hard enough. It increased my vertical by 12 inches, and I already had a 25 inch vertical. I can leave a link to a detail review that I found, you can check it out if you like. https://basketballmentality.com/vert-shock-review/ It focuses on body weight exercises, which was nice because I did not have access to a gym.

Hope this helps.
                Get a free book to increase your vertical by 4 inches https://vericaljump.gr8.com/

Comment

I'm always sort of confused on this topic. Everybody keeps talking about someone like MJ with a 48 to 46 inch vertical and a whole bunch of other people, but it's really all just speculation since their vertical has never been properly measured in, say, the NBA combine. Not to mention that we're almost always looking at the running vertical, not the static vertical, and it seems pretty hard to accurately gauge a person's vertical when they pick up a ton of momentum from running down the court.

This page actually offers the highest recorded verticals from the NBA, of which the highest running vertical was a 45.5 inch vertical, nearly 46. Again, I'm not saying that MJ or Wilkins didn't have that high of a vertical, I'm sure they went through a good bit of training that got them to the level they were at (btw if you're interested in jump training, here is a good jump program) I'm just saying that from the perspective of a basketball fan, that's really just pure speculation based on measurements done through a video or clip.

I'll give you Spud Webb's vertical though, there's no way someone who is 5'7" could actually dunk without having an insanely high jump.
                  https://ballamazingly.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information