Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WC Players not born in the country they play for

Quote Originally Posted by busy View Post
    What did you think man? . He's born in Esfahan . google it and then edit your ridiculous post .
    Sorry guyz if im mistaken im pointing with another iranian that was born in US i forgot the name of that player my apologize guyz.

Kuqo is now playing for Albania btw.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Quote Originally Posted by rikhardur View Post
    Supposedly it's originally Ilyasov, which sounds pretty Turkic.

It says in Wikipedia, Ersan Ilyasova is a Crimean Tatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crimean_Tatars
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obama2008 View Post
    It says in Wikipedia, Ersan Ilyasova is a Crimean Tatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crimean_Tatars
    Therefore Turkic (which is not the same as Turkish )
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Okay, all good basketballers are Serbian. We are just thief. We are stealing citizens. Ok ? Is that okay ?

I almost forgot, we are always oldest. In Turkey, every people are faking them age. I was born in 1668, 3169 is written on my identity

P.S. Hedo has invented gunpowder, Mehmet Okur invented wheel. So they do not play in the national team at the same time.
    Basketball is brotherhood, isn't it ?

wow im interested about Ersan now. His situation could be like Tanguy Ngombo of Qatar...

maybe im wrong. just feel free to comment

Calm down everyone lol. It is obvious from the way Ersan choked in the Final game and the Semi-final game that he can be nothing else but Slovenian!

Discussion over

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post

I think Semih Erden and Omer Asik, Okur also have Bosnian ancestry, but I´m too lazy to look for evidence. I know that Turkcan was born in Bosnia. Also Kuqo is an Albanian.

This is all very funny, since the Bosnian NT includes Henry Domercant.
    Actually, he was born in Novi Pazar, Serbia... The town where they celebrated turkish victory over serbian team.
    But, one thing I like about Mirsad, well, is his sister...

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Aster View Post
    Okay, all good basketballers are Serbian. We are just thief. We are stealing citizens. Ok ? Is that okay ?
    Don't act like you're surprised, please... Many turkish citizens have Slavic roots, because Turks didn't invented gunpowder or wheel as you wrote, they invented one helluva sport ---

And one more thing, Serbs aren't best ballers in the world... It's Durantoglu and the crew.
    Last edited by rikhardur; 09-26-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Therefore Turkic (which is not the same as Turkish )

And the Turkic people are related to the Mongols.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
    Don't act like you're surprised, please... Many turkish citizens have Slavic roots, because Turks didn't invented gunpowder or wheel as you wrote, they invented one helluva sport - stealing children from mommy's tit...

And one more thing, Serbs aren't best ballers in the world... It's Durantoglu and the crew.
    Do you know what means irony ?
    Basketball is brotherhood, isn't it ?

SunOverHStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Aster View Post
    Do you know what means irony ?
    You're so cunning, I couldn't spot it...

Supposedly it's originally Ilyasov, which sounds pretty Turkic.
    Correction.. Russian.

I am a firm believer that when a person has parents from different countries that he can choose which country to play for. Therefore the examples of Calathes, Vougioukas, Schortsianities are not really examples that suite this post. A good example of a foreign player playing for an NT that he has no affiliations to are Holden (playing for Russia), Massey (playing for FYROM). These later examples are what should be avoided as it is diminishing the sport and the concept of playing for one's country. I also think that certain exemptions should exist where for example a person with two parents from Country X but was born and raised (or moved when very young and went to school at) Country Y has the right to play for Country Y. I am half Greek but have lived in Greece my entire life (now in London) and have always had a US passport (only got the dual citizenship when I was 17 yrs old)... should this disallow me from playing for Greece (unlikely maybe in American Football )?

Santiago, Lee, and Peavy have played in the rican BSN league for some time now, I consider them ricans.

Balkman on the other hand probably never even set foot on the island until the CAC games last summer. Still the federation never even new he had rican ties, Balkman was the one that came to the federation with the birth certificates.

If that doesnt say "I cook with sofrito", someone tell me what does.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Mart View Post
    the land of the free and the home of the brave is the greatest joke I've ever heard. There is no such thing as liberty and the american dream is more overrated than Japeth Aguilar was when u guys found he was a pinoy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by red7 View Post
    Correction.. Russian.

ilyas is arabic name which is very common in TR.get more cultured,before making some comment.

as far as i know he is Crimean Tatar or Uzbek origin.Both are Turkic nations.(like norwegians and germans are germanic).and every NT drafts guys from other nations.Nowadays ethnic origins are not important for sports.Most important stuff is who is caring him,giving chance,giving opportunities etc.

Quote Originally Posted by artorius View Post
    ilyas is arabic name which is very common in TR.get more cultured,before making some comment.

as far as i know he is Crimean Tatar or Uzbek origin.Both are Turkic nations.(like norwegians and germans are germanic).and every NT drafts guys from other nations.Nowadays ethnic origins are not important for sports.Most important stuff is who is caring him,giving chance,giving opportunities etc.
    Ilyas may be Arabic, however, Ilyasova definitely sounds like a russian name. I am not familiar with his exact origins but what I do know is that the ending is russian. And since when is it that we decisively know where a person is from through his surname? Is Kaimakoglou of Turkish origin? Maybe in your mind all of the Greeks are of Turkish origin as well... Have I missed something? Norway is not a Germanic nation by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by artorius View Post

Turkic origin? Sounds a little bit silly. Maybe Illyasova could play for Tajikistan or Turkmenistan, since these countries are also Turkic. Or maybe Turkoglou should play for Azerbaijan. Wait, how about Barbosa play for France, since both Brazil and France are Latin.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by red7 View Post
    Ilyas may be Arabic, however, Ilyasova definitely sounds like a russian name. I am not familiar with his exact origins but what I do know is that the ending is russian. And since when is it that we decisively know where a person is from through his surname? Is Kaimakoglou of Turkish origin? Maybe in your mind all of the Greeks are of Turkish origin as well... Have I missed something? Norway is not a Germanic nation by the way.
    -there are millions of non russians having russian surname endings as -ov,-ova,-ev,-eva.
    -Kaimakoglou and Perperoglou i guess they are Anatolian Greek originally.Which culturally affected by Turkish people.As living together for 500 years both nations afected eacht other by culturally and quite similar in many style of cultural habits.
    -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_peoples.Check here and learn sth.I think when somebody says Germanic u just understand Germans,Austrians and swiss Germans.Before making comment get some knowledge please.
    -Ilyasova is a drafted guy for Turkish national team from a Turkic nation(Crimean Tatar or Uzbek).(many of them have surnames with Russian endings cause of last 150-200 years of Russian cultural pressure.He could be black,aborigine or eskimo.We dont live in an Ethnically walled world anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Turkic origin? Sounds a little bit silly. Maybe Illyasova could play for Tajikistan or Turkmenistan, since these countries are also Turkic. Or maybe Turkoglou should play for Azerbaijan. Wait, how about Barbosa play for France, since both Brazil and France are Latin.
    Rather you and your comments are silly.

-i never said any guy from from any Turkic nation can play for Turkey.I say in the modern world every NTs drafts some foreignors.And if the player choose this country then no problem.İf Turkoglu would like the play Azerbaijan or Serbia or Uganda he could play,cause it is his choice and the Drafter country's care on the player.(giving chance,teaching him,giving money to secure,teaching sport better way bla bla)

-Barbosa could play in any NT depends on his choice.Not cause of he is Latin and France is Latin.But He could choose rather Portugese cause of culturally and linguistically more closer to his home country then France.Ilyasova chose Turkey i gues cause Linguistically and Culturally he is closer to Turkey.And Turkish sports manager cared him.But anyway it was his choice he could choose any other country.

Kapisz....Got it..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast