View Poll Results: Can anybody stop an average team USA

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eventually someone will

    47 56.63%
  • No,no one really can

    36 43.37%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 221 to 234 of 234

Thread: Can anybody stop the American domination in basketball ?

  1. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shutup_ View Post
    OK genious. Explain this. Lithuania crushed the shit out of Serbia. USA crushed the shit out of Lithuania.

    Worst Turkey defeated best Serbia in this tournament. I know you can`t explain this one either. Even refs with super powers can`t do anything about it. Let me give you a clue. Turkey used its tough defence to beat Serbia. And USA has a tougher defence than Turkey. So Serbia doesn`t stand a chance against USA. We beat Serbia last year, this year probably we will beat them next year too. I know Serbia is a very good team but I don`t see big difference between Spain Turkey Serbia Greece Argentina etc. But you can still say Serbia is a better team. I don`t care about that. You may be right. What I care about is that No team including Serbia Spain Greece Argentina Turkey whatever can`t beat USA 3 out of 10 games.

    Deal with it people and stop crying. This USA team is better than the USA team with leBron James D. Wayne Tim Duncan in the previous WC.
    First of all:this wasnt the worst Turkey (u still had Ilyasova,Hedo,Tunceri... even on a bad day),second:this wasnt best Serbia team (best Serbian players
    didnt play on this tournament),third:thank the refs a lot (u would have been 4th if it werent for the refs).
    Intentional reffereeing in favor of Turkey,Tunceri went out of bounds on the last possesion,foul on Velickovics shot that wasnt called (because it would have been the end for Turkey),many uncalled fouls on Turkeys side,Serbia after 1min and 20 sec out of bonus in last qt ?!....

  2. #222
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obama2008 View Post
    Team USA will always rely on their speed and athleticism. I don't think Coach Mike K will include them on the roster. Lol.
    I'm going to assume this is sarcasm because there are some good athletes on that list.

  3. #223
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    there is one, and Japan almost always wins
    Interesting. I see it was done three times, with Japan winning twice (sumo wrestlers on the line?) and the U.S. winning the last (yet not medaling before that). Did the U.S. send players from the pee-wee leagues?

  4. #224
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
    Interesting. I see it was done three times, with Japan winning twice (sumo wrestlers on the line?) and the U.S. winning the last (yet not medaling before that). Did the U.S. send players from the pee-wee leagues?
    Actually, Japan has about as developed a gridiron culture as you'll find outside of the US and Canada (not that that's saying much), so they actually sent a team of players specialized in American Football. The US did not send any team to the first two events. Neither did Canada. So Japan won easily both times. The third iteration in 2007 the US sent a team of players who were not playing professionally but had exhausted their college eligibility (basically graduates from the classes of '06 and '07 not good enough to get signed into the NFL). Japan sent a mix of their college and professional players and made it to the final before losing in overtime.

  5. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
    I'm going to assume this is sarcasm because there are some good athletes on that list.
    David Lee is very athletic and Budinger, And Birdman Andersen. Guys that arentt on my like like Alexander and Amundson are some USA ballers that defies the stereotype of white men can't jump.

  6. #226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Let's cross out Chris Kaman, he played for the German NT already. Please insert Gordon Hayward on the wings and add Cole Aldrich. This team can not win even the bronze though.
    I think they can, they certainly have the talent. They need the experience playing together to develop that team chemistry and camaraderie. But if you put them in 6 weeks and expects them to medal, it's not gonna happen because defensively they need a lot of work.

  7. #227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
    Besides skin tone, what do you base that on?
    Most of those are a system type of players. These guys can thrive on coach K offense.
    I am talking about a 4 out spread offense that Coach K love to run at Duke. He can put Lee or Kaman inside and the rest on spread formation. The list of players are good pieces in utilizing their abilities on that offense. Also the 3 out and 2 offense, where
    2 post player screen for each other for open shot. The five guys on the list rotating on
    frontcourt can all do that especially Brad Miller. In running dribble and kick motion of offense which coach K love, Rose struggled because he can't shoot. I think Miller, Blake and Ridnour can do better job at FIBA level .

    However defensively, they have a lot work to do. I don't think they can play teams 1:1 and pressure guys like the team USA did.

  8. #228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
    First of all:this wasnt the worst Turkey (u still had Ilyasova,Hedo,Tunceri... even on a bad day),second:this wasnt best Serbia team (best Serbian players
    didnt play on this tournament),third:thank the refs a lot (u would have been 4th if it werent for the refs).
    Intentional reffereeing in favor of Turkey,Tunceri went out of bounds on the last possesion,foul on Velickovics shot that wasnt called (because it would have been the end for Turkey),many uncalled fouls on Turkeys side,Serbia after 1min and 20 sec out of bonus in last qt ?!....
    first kerem went out of bounds that is true.but what the foul for chetnik novica?first when the game played and he got the ball for shoot,the time was over.u can even beat him refs cant give foul cause game is over.just refs can report and beater player can be suspended.

  9. #229
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinuteWaltZ View Post
    Actually, Japan has about as developed a gridiron culture as you'll find outside of the US and Canada (not that that's saying much), so they actually sent a team of players specialized in American Football. The US did not send any team to the first two events. Neither did Canada. So Japan won easily both times. The third iteration in 2007 the US sent a team of players who were not playing professionally but had exhausted their college eligibility (basically graduates from the classes of '06 and '07 not good enough to get signed into the NFL). Japan sent a mix of their college and professional players and made it to the final before losing in overtime.
    Any link for rosters?

  10. #230
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Most of those are a system type of players. These guys can thrive on coach K offense.
    I am talking about a 4 out spread offense that Coach K love to run at Duke. He can put Lee or Kaman inside and the rest on spread formation. The list of players are good pieces in utilizing their abilities on that offense. Also the 3 out and 2 offense, where
    2 post player screen for each other for open shot. The five guys on the list rotating on
    frontcourt can all do that especially Brad Miller. In running dribble and kick motion of offense which coach K love, Rose struggled because he can't shoot. I think Miller, Blake and Ridnour can do better job at FIBA level .

    However defensively, they have a lot work to do. I don't think they can play teams 1:1 and pressure guys like the team USA did.
    So then why did you list only white players? Not sure what your point was. There are plenty of black or mixed U.S. players that can play under Coach K's spread offense. Also, Hinrich is a very underated one-on-one defender (ask D-Wade).

  11. #231
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
    Any link for rosters?
    Click here for the wikipedia page on the 2007 IFAF world cup (the last one held), and here for information on the US roster.

  12. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artorius View Post
    first kerem went out of bounds that is true.but what the foul for chetnik novica?first when the game played and he got the ball for shoot,the time was over.u can even beat him refs cant give foul cause game is over.just refs can report and beater player can be suspended.
    I am not talking about the last Novica`s shot,I am talking about one for Serbia`s lead 82-81. He made that basket but he was also fouled. 4 sec. till the end.If he got the free throw,he would have made the basket for 83-81 Serbian lead; or maybe he would have missed the throw intentionally since it was only 4 sec till the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardusted View Post
    It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

  13. #233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
    I am not talking about the last Novica`s shot,I am talking about one for Serbia`s lead 82-81. He made that basket but he was also fouled. 4 sec. till the end.If he got the free throw,he would have made the basket for 83-81 Serbian lead; or maybe he would have missed the throw intentionally since it was only 4 sec till the end.
    if u say this,u r right,i accepted all the situation.but many people are attacking as we got only help from refs for all tournament history.Can u be great to accept the refs of hell for 95 and 02 finals as i accept 2010 semis refs favoured us.i guess u wont and cant.cause just one sided mind.if u ll do opposite i am ready to excuse

  14. #234
    Senior Member Czarkazem13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinuteWaltZ View Post
    Click here for the wikipedia page on the 2007 IFAF world cup (the last one held), and here for information on the US roster.
    Thanks.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •