Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody stop the American domination in basketball ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    Let's cross out Chris Kaman, he played for the German NT already. Please insert Gordon Hayward on the wings and add Cole Aldrich. This team can not win even the bronze though.
    I think they can, they certainly have the talent. They need the experience playing together to develop that team chemistry and camaraderie. But if you put them in 6 weeks and expects them to medal, it's not gonna happen because defensively they need a lot of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
      Besides skin tone, what do you base that on?
      Most of those are a system type of players. These guys can thrive on coach K offense.
      I am talking about a 4 out spread offense that Coach K love to run at Duke. He can put Lee or Kaman inside and the rest on spread formation. The list of players are good pieces in utilizing their abilities on that offense. Also the 3 out and 2 offense, where
      2 post player screen for each other for open shot. The five guys on the list rotating on
      frontcourt can all do that especially Brad Miller. In running dribble and kick motion of offense which coach K love, Rose struggled because he can't shoot. I think Miller, Blake and Ridnour can do better job at FIBA level .

However defensively, they have a lot work to do. I don't think they can play teams 1:1 and pressure guys like the team USA did.

Comment

• Originally posted by mark123 View Post
        First of all:this wasnt the worst Turkey (u still had Ilyasova,Hedo,Tunceri... even on a bad day),second:this wasnt best Serbia team (best Serbian players
        didnt play on this tournament),third:thank the refs a lot (u would have been 4th if it werent for the refs).
        Intentional reffereeing in favor of Turkey,Tunceri went out of bounds on the last possesion,foul on Velickovics shot that wasnt called (because it would have been the end for Turkey),many uncalled fouls on Turkeys side,Serbia after 1min and 20 sec out of bonus in last qt ?!....
        first kerem went out of bounds that is true.but what the foul for chetnik novica?first when the game played and he got the ball for shoot,the time was over.u can even beat him refs cant give foul cause game is over.just refs can report and beater player can be suspended.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinuteWaltZ View Post
          Actually, Japan has about as developed a gridiron culture as you'll find outside of the US and Canada (not that that's saying much), so they actually sent a team of players specialized in American Football. The US did not send any team to the first two events. Neither did Canada. So Japan won easily both times. The third iteration in 2007 the US sent a team of players who were not playing professionally but had exhausted their college eligibility (basically graduates from the classes of '06 and '07 not good enough to get signed into the NFL). Japan sent a mix of their college and professional players and made it to the final before losing in overtime.
          Any link for rosters?

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw View Post
            Most of those are a system type of players. These guys can thrive on coach K offense.
            I am talking about a 4 out spread offense that Coach K love to run at Duke. He can put Lee or Kaman inside and the rest on spread formation. The list of players are good pieces in utilizing their abilities on that offense. Also the 3 out and 2 offense, where
            2 post player screen for each other for open shot. The five guys on the list rotating on
            frontcourt can all do that especially Brad Miller. In running dribble and kick motion of offense which coach K love, Rose struggled because he can't shoot. I think Miller, Blake and Ridnour can do better job at FIBA level .

However defensively, they have a lot work to do. I don't think they can play teams 1:1 and pressure guys like the team USA did.
            So then why did you list only white players? Not sure what your point was. There are plenty of black or mixed U.S. players that can play under Coach K's spread offense. Also, Hinrich is a very underated one-on-one defender (ask D-Wade).

Comment

• Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
              Any link for rosters?
              Click here for the wikipedia page on the 2007 IFAF world cup (the last one held), and here for information on the US roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by artorius View Post
                first kerem went out of bounds that is true.but what the foul for chetnik novica?first when the game played and he got the ball for shoot,the time was over.u can even beat him refs cant give foul cause game is over.just refs can report and beater player can be suspended.
                I am not talking about the last Novica`s shot,I am talking about one for Serbia`s lead 82-81. He made that basket but he was also fouled. 4 sec. till the end.If he got the free throw,he would have made the basket for 83-81 Serbian lead; or maybe he would have missed the throw intentionally since it was only 4 sec till the end.
                Originally posted by Stardusted
                It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by mark123 View Post
                  I am not talking about the last Novica`s shot,I am talking about one for Serbia`s lead 82-81. He made that basket but he was also fouled. 4 sec. till the end.If he got the free throw,he would have made the basket for 83-81 Serbian lead; or maybe he would have missed the throw intentionally since it was only 4 sec till the end.
                  if u say this,u r right,i accepted all the situation.but many people are attacking as we got only help from refs for all tournament history.Can u be great to accept the refs of hell for 95 and 02 finals as i accept 2010 semis refs favoured us.i guess u wont and cant.cause just one sided mind.if u ll do opposite i am ready to excuse

Comment

• Originally posted by MinuteWaltZ View Post
                    Click here for the wikipedia page on the 2007 IFAF world cup (the last one held), and here for information on the US roster.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information