Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody stop the American domination in basketball ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usa won the 2 biggest tournaments of basketball back 2 back undefeated using 24 different players and 2 completely different squads.If that's not a sign of domination i don't know what it is.Of course i don't expect guys like wardjim to admit it but who cares anyway.

USA USA USA.As Nikoo said please mr Collangelo send d-leaguers next time,give the rest of the world a chance.

Comment

no one can stop American domination, BUT they can be beaten.

Comment

I didn't expect Brazil came close. But If they had faced Spain or Serbia, it could be interesting, but sorry it didn't happen.

Turkey doesn't deserve to be in the finals. All they do is cry to the referees. Serbia could have given them a tougher challenge.

Comment

Well, I think that this team was badly constructed and beatable, but the ROW sucked donkey balls(like ice-cream ) and they steamrolled them.
          1. I'd use triangle and two(park 3 guys under the basket and double team Durant ). The rest of the team couldn't hit Black Sea from the bridge over the Bosphorus.
          2. I'd find a guard that doesn't cry under presure and let him run some frigging plays from the friggin playbook to get easy points, get the US players nervous and in foul trouble. FFS the teams were unloading 3 balls all day long, when US played with 3 Gs and 2Fs.
          3. Get a big stiff that can spell H-O-O-K S-H-O-T. Jacking up 3s like fag is cool but you are 2.10.

Unfortunately that was the last chance in the next 8 years to stop team USA. Now the rules will be on their side, the real basketball players like Gasol, Manu, Scola are getting old and I dont see who can replace them.
          47-70
          76-58

Comment

they can be beaten,first you treat them like everybody else ,then you draw them like everybody else ,then you don't choose the opponent for the final...

in 1992 they were saying 100 reign of US bball ,it lasted only 4 years.

Comment

If Europe could do smth similar to what we have in football, then i guess we would dominate. But i think it's about the general aproach to sport, kids in our country start early, we have a lot basketball schools and academys. Country with 3 mln population send home China, played US in semi-final. Basketball isn't that popular yet, i know only like 5 countrys where basketball is #1 sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikoo View Post
                Unfortunately that was the last chance in the next 8 years to stop team USA. Now the rules will be on their side, the real basketball players like Gasol, Manu, Scola are getting old and I dont see who can replace them.
                Yeah, i also have the feeling that newer talents are not as good as older ones. Maybe i am wrong though...

Originally posted by Rycka View Post
                If Europe could do smth similar to what we have in football, then i guess we would dominate. But i think it's about the general aproach to sport, kids in our country start early, we have a lot basketball schools and academys. Country with 3 mln population send home China, played US in semi-final. Basketball isn't that popular yet, i know only like 5 countrys where basketball is #1 sport.
                5 countries that basketball is #1 sport? Even that number sounds a bit much to me, could you name them?

Comment

Usa has the best players in the word but team USA imo is beatable. they could proabably win 90 out of 100 games against any team but upsets can happen especially in the knock-out games just as it happened in 2006.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKVlty4FsZo&
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PCpxV2Imw

Comment

Originally posted by Linktothepast View Post
                    Yeah, i also have the feeling that newer talents are not as good as older ones. Maybe i am wrong though...

5 countries that basketball is #1 sport? Even that number sounds a bit much to me, could you name them?
                    Lithuania, Lebanon, Philipines, not sure about USA, Slovenia, Angola

Comment

Team USA can't do the same feat of the 1992 Dream Team. They've really thrashed their opponents back then. The current crop of players can beat their opponents with 20 to 30 point winning margin.
                      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

This generation of Euro players (2010) ...just occasionaly. That's reality...

A short look in the future of The game:

The next generation (2014) (already growing with new rules, modern training principles & NBA experiences) will produce regularly some serious national competitor to the USA team.

The 3rd generation (2018) will be equivalent to the US players.
                        Euro national tems will regularly beat and play head-to-head games with US selections. Why ?
                        Because they will play basket different way...with a lot of creativity
                        and mindset in the game, which will prevail against hit&run US basket style.

In the 4th generation US will give nationality some Euro players to be
                        competitive in the olympics.

Comment

In USA basketball is 3rd, if I remember correctly. I've read one blog by guy who have seen statistics.

About Slovenia is a big question. 50/50 with football
                          I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
                            In USA basketball is 3rd, if I remember correctly. I've read one blog by guy who have seen statistics.

About Slovenia is a big question. 50/50 with football
                            it's more like 80/20 for football...sorry

Comment

if srbija wasn't robbed in semi-final we would have different champion today

Comment

Not in Angola for sure.

By the way, in some countries there is a sort of social gap, being football the sport no. 1 for the masses and basketball or handball the sport no. 1 for a sort of middle, educated class.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information