Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody stop the American domination in basketball ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
    Silly thread

Will someone invent a medicine towards stupidity?

Team USA won their first World Championships (the way they won it) since 1994.. Until now, how exactly were they dominant?
    I believe they're talking about the Colangelo era. Since he's oversaw US basketball he's established a consistent talent pool to draw from, consistent coaching staff, training camps, try outs etc. In other words since he's taken over it's been treated like a real team, instead of throwing a few names together and hoping for the best.

In the four years since, they've gone 35-1 in international play (not counting friendlies), and that one loss was four years ago. That's pretty dominant. Not 1992-96 Dream Team era dominant, but no other team comes close to that record.

To answer the question though, they can be beaten. Brazil almost managed it this year, Spain in 08. But the nightmare years of 02 and 04 are gone. I can't see them dropping multiple games at tournaments so long as this system is in place.
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

The only possible way to stop US domination would be for the Europeans to dissolve their national teams and establish a European Union national team.

But they'd probably still lose to USA by 20+ if USA brings the A-team.

If they played the B team, the EU team might be able to manage 1 victory in 20.

But it will never happen because the Euros hate each other so much. I mean look at the reaction after the Serbia-Turkey semifinal.

Comment

Simply put "NO".....

Comment

Originally posted by BasketballFanatic View Post
          But it will never happen because the Euros hate each other so much. I mean look at the reaction after the Serbia-Turkey semifinal.
          Problem with that game r only the refs decisions.Thats all.
          Originally posted by Stardusted
          It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
            Until now they were fooling around.Sent 3rd grade players. In WC in Athens there were no Nba players,cause of the lock out ! Other teams had only 1,2 or 3 Nba players. That is the difference. NBA !
            Do you really believe that at 2002,2004,2006 they were sending 3rd grade players??
            http://youtu.be/dUY7SXnMAHM
            https://youtu.be/EQp8dsyWTxA
            https://youtu.be/8STniidh0TI
            https://youtu.be/I5fKLUWAkmY

Comment

Originally posted by Chigusa View Post
              I agree, but making the rules more uniform will help the world as well. And I bet they will adjust sooner rather than later when the new rules are implemented. Honestly I got to the point where I did not mind FIBA rules, Team USA obviously got the hang of it and operated their program according to the style (to the tune of 42-1 in Colangelo era).
              Well, sure, they would get used to it pretty quickly.

Problem is that in a NBA sized court like that, the lane doesn't become so clogged. Help defense isn't a mere arms length away. The superior athleticism of the Americans would be FULLY utilized in that scenario. They would blow by defenders, help defense will be less effective unless really prepared, and the rest of the world would have to abandon the zone as a game-long plan.

This really came to my realization when I was thinking about how Durant was easily blowing by defenders in the last few games. I was thinking, "There's only like, 5 people that can guard Durant 1 on 1. And they're all American."

Comment

"If they played the B team, the EU team might be able to manage 1 victory in 20. "

I think the only thing that can be established from this thread is American arrogance.

Comment

Only by the 2002 Yugoslavian Gold Medal squad

Comment

Originally posted by deusexm1 View Post
                    "If they played the B team, the EU team might be able to manage 1 victory in 20. "

I think the only thing that can be established from this thread is American arrogance.
                    Well, then, prove him wrong. Don't just say, "pfft, Americans..." in a condescending tone. If it's so outrageous, then explain it to the rest of the class.

Comment

If the European teams can shutdown the guards and swingmen of Team USA, it can be beaten.
                      Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

All teams Europeans or Americans who reached the second round or finals are having NBA players.. NBA players are professional/experienced/well build physically/good shooters/creative and innovative...

NBA players kind of players is missing everywhere in the world..
                        I give credits to Serbia/Lithuania/Slovenia schools and especially to Serbia who are having their own school...

I think there will be always a gap between USA/other world.. I see no one can stop USA basketball in the mean time --till 20 years

so my answer is : SIMPLY NO

Comment

Originally posted by BasketballFanatic View Post
                          The only possible way to stop US domination would be for the Europeans to dissolve their national teams and establish a European Union national team.

But they'd probably still lose to USA by 20+ if USA brings the A-team.

If they played the B team, the EU team might be able to manage 1 victory in 20.

idot

Comment

Originally posted by samer_1_2 View Post
                            All teams Europeans or Americans who reached the second round or finals are having NBA players.. NBA players are professional/experienced/well build physically/good shooters/creative and innovative...

NBA players kind of players is missing everywhere in the world..
                            I give credits to Serbia/Lithuania/Slovenia schools and especially to Serbia who are having their own school...

I think there will be always a gap between USA/other world.. I see no one can stop USA basketball in the mean time --till 20 years

so my answer is : SIMPLY NO
                            no one can beat usa or stop them ....if you bring the european bestplayers or the world best players !!! they'll bring kobe bryant and lebron james -dwayn wayde-carmello anthony-bosch ....and no one will be able to stop them!!!

Comment

I wish Team USA had a team where Kobe, Melo, LBJ, Wade etc would play... It would be nice to see them sharing a ball
                              <-link to video
                              http://bit.ly/bg3272
                              http://bit.ly/dnTPE7

Comment

Originally posted by mark123 View Post
                                Europe all-star team could defeat African-American B team,my opinion.
                                Take a serious European coach, with the best 12 European players in a pre-tournament 4-weeks camp, prepare a good deal of tactics... it could be interesting even agains the A team

I think US domination is up to them. This being said, if they have a serious coach + a serious roster (i.e. no big egos) there is not way to beat them.

What saddens me is that the new European generation has a tendency to imitate the NBA individualism....

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information