Ugly
    Refs

Alternative
    Good
    Any Turk-Greek-American-Serbian.......good fan
    Bad
    Any Turk-Greek-American-Serbian.......bad fan
    Ugly
    Every male fan.I wish there were thousands of female fans in every stadium.
    Sorry guys

Good - 3 of 4 best teams are European
    Bad - Refs on some games
    Ugly - Some soccer fans on this forum, good news they ll go away soon
    41st place - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game!!

The Good:

US team playing as a NCAA team. Great job done by coach K.
    Lithuania and Serbia back to the top. They should always be there.
    Thrilling games nicely played inside and outside the court: Argentina - Brazil and Spain - Serbia

The Bad:

Argentina and Spain. Poorly managed, terrible performance during important games. Big disapointment.

Same to Greece and Brazil...

The Ugly:

Attendance.
    The tred after the Turkey - Serbia game.
    Coaches trying to steal the game away from the players (inside and outside the court).
    Some players example of bad behaviour after winning or losing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosties View Post
    The Bad:

Argentina and Spain. Poorly managed, terrible performance during important games. Big disapointment.
    That was NOT an important match... Unluckily, I did not watch the game, so I don't know what's so bad in there.

Quote Originally Posted by kecal View Post
    That was NOT an important match... Unluckily, I did not watch the game, so I don't know what's so bad in there.
    I was talking about the NTs not about the match

The 2nd half of that match (specially the 3rd quarter) was fantastic though.

bad:
    -greece ranaway from Spain
    -easy road 4 USA(I don t blame them)
    -again,there is no superstars on WC(Parker,Novicki,Kirilenko,Calderon,Gasol,Jasekev icijus,etc)
    -refs from some exotic countries
    -USA win with C team(shame 4 europe)

good:
    -new lithuanian team
    -US refs
    -couple very good games witch are best marketing 4 basketball
    -new era in europe bb

The good:Lithuania's NT,Durant.
    The bad:Spain and Greece.
    The ugly:bad refereeing,bad attendance.

It's funny how Lithuanian fans are supporting this NT they presented here

I mean, ok, team mentality, Kleiza playing some great games, I loved them vs Argentina, but this is a team without serious potential, heading to the Eurobasket to be held in Lithuania. No serious PG (Kalnietis overachieved), no center, a pathetic performance without fight against USA in a WC semi-final, where they played it as if it was a friendly game. How can you really like that? It is close to so-and-so..
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Quote Originally Posted by wardjdim View Post

I mean, ok, team mentality, Kleiza playing some great games, I loved them vs Argentina, but this is a team without serious potential, heading to the Eurobasket to be held in Lithuania. No serious PG (Kalnietis overachieved), no center, a pathetic performance without fight against USA in a WC semi-final, where they played it as if it was a friendly game. How can you really like that? It is close to so-and-so..
    So what you are saying is young LT NT won bronze and we should NOT be happy about it? Errr, ok...

you must be Lithuanian to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
    If he is a FIBA boy then why not send him to ref the finals? And also how come that in 2009 was his first FIBA tournament in 7 years you do not make much sense, you know.

Well maybe he wants in this tournament final because FIUBA got mad at his words that the refs are making it easier for team USA compared to other teams by not counting all of the traveling if they do not count it to be the significant.
    7 years? did not he ref 2008 or 2004 olympic basketball games?

Anyway why is that 7 years of absence if he is one of the best refs in the world? I mean he whistled 2000 olympic finals, he whistles many Euroleague final 4's... I mean he is still in the top 5 of the best refs in the world, how come that 7 year absence

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post

Anyway why is that 7 years of absence if he is one of the best refs in the world? I mean he whistled 2000 olympic finals, he whistles many Euroleague final 4's... I mean he is still in the top 5 of the best refs in the world, how come that 7 year absence
    It was because of the issues between FIBA and ULEB

bla bla bla show me one post where you didn't bash Lithuania

Shame I can't put you on ignore
    Lithuania > Serbia 5:2 in official games this century

but what do you expect? we have to be sad that we won bronze? Turks are not better than us, but they welcomed the silver as if it were gold.
    We do not need Kalnietis to be a super point guard, We have several promising young big man (Motiejunas and Valanciunas), we have a young and deep bench. thus, we enjoy what we have
    Remember September 2003!!!

To add to the "ugly". The incredible amount of disrespect to American players lately. Not even just active ones....but legendary players like Larry Bird.

You'd think that losing would give some people a sense of humility...Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Strida View Post
    To add to the "ugly". The incredible amount of disrespect to American players lately. Not even just active ones....but legendary players like Larry Bird.

You'd think that losing would give some people a sense of humility...Guess not.
    Jesus Christ, will you ever stop with the drama? Who said what about Bird? You either have an overactive imagination or LSD abuse problem.

Quote Originally Posted by septynix View Post
    Jesus Christ, will you ever stop with the drama? Who said what about Bird? You either have an overactive imagination or LSD abuse problem.
    lol, calm down, dude. You need some fresh air or something.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post

Because ULEB and FIBS issue and Brazauskas always sided with ULEB against FIBA so you couldnt be more wrong calling him FIBA boy. If anything he is ULEB guy.

His last comment in media about how ref's are allowing to travel USA if it is not very significant did not earn him more points from FIBA since it would be better just to keep silent about these things.

Kalnietis had a very decent tournament, overshadowing Rubio, Prigioni and almost every other PG he played against. He does not need to be a Jasikevicius as long as we play the kind of game we played this championship.
    Seibutis was an MVP of U21 world championship. That is if you doubt his talent.
    Pocius made all all-tournament teams in any of the youth tournaments he played in and only some very tough injuries prevented him from being one of the leaders at Duke. Again, that is if you doubt his talent.
    Gecevicius, despite of whatever tournament he had, is one of the best if not the best shooter in Europe, a player with 15 points per game average in a decent level Euroleague team, while being barely 22.
    Kleiza is still years from peaking.
    Maciulis is a beast if used properly.
    Jomantas will excel in this up-tempo, defence oriented team.

They are all 22-25 years old at most.

I won't even start about talent pool in younger generations. It's scary how great our frontcourt will be in a few years. Anyway, what i'm trying to say is that you're fooling yourself thinking that this performance was only a fluke. Lithuania is back. Back where it belongs.

Good: Brazil playing like a real basketball team
    Ugly: Puerto Rico loosing to Ivory Coast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast