Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The good, the bad and the ugly in this competition

The Ugly - Asik act vs Serbia, and other Turkish players complainants at referees
    The Bad - Turkey vs Serbia game outcome; overall organization of whole Championship
    The Good - USA taking gold after 16 years

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    I am talking about the same. At that moment when Anthem started playing the politicans were going out of the hall..
    no your not.

that was before, when the players were receiving their respective medals

Quote Originally Posted by jason222 View Post
    congrats to USA

once again Turkish fans "boo"ed national anthems, glad they've lost the gold
    Quote Originally Posted by HedoForever View Post
    yah just a bunch of people booed the usa anthem
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmt View Post

I am really sorry for those who booed the national anthem of the US, that's something strongly discouraged but some ignorant fools slip into the giant sinan erdem dome nevertheless. 100-200 people out of 15,000 can make a quite deep impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLO View Post
    Well , it's not a good way to boo on the national anthem of any country but their hatred towards your policy made them do this ! they hate your policy ......

I don't think they were booing the anthem, because they started booing when the anthem was already playing and finished doing it quickly, it didn't look like it was directed at the anthem at all. They were probably booing politicians, but it's still bad that they they did it while the anthem was being played.

The best player: Durant
    The rising star: Pocius (The kid has it!)
    The good surpise: Lithuania
    The bad surpise: Spain/Greece
    Good but ugly team: Russia (Ugly playing style, no stars, but made her best)
    Good but ugly player: Teodosic. Great player. Shitty personality. Once again he didn't come to the ceremony (he did the same in Euroleague). He should learn to behave himself and to give more respect to all the people around him. I hope Dusan Ivkovich will do something about it.
    The Ugly: Attendance. (I will not speak about the refs. They were bad, but they were bad in every big tournament that I remember. So there was nothing unusual at this WC)

The good:

1. USA. Their respect to others, It was kind of surprise, but I think this is because of Coach K.
    2. The Spain finished just 6th .. I can`t stand them..
    3. Lithuania. No comments..

The bad:

1. FIBA or Schedule + refs, I feel bad for Serbia at this point. They wanted a Turkey-USA final, they succeed.
    2. Boring final.. turkey can`t play then they are not winning..

The ugly:

1. Greek-Russia .. I do not know if that game was the funniest or the ugliest match ever.. greeks showed how to turn basketball into good horror film. 10/10 .. good job.

The Good: This Group Side: USA Lithuania Argentina and Russia

The Bad: This Group Side: Turkey Serbia Spain and Slovenia

The Ugly:

USA beat Turkey for 1st place
    Lithuania beat Serbia for 3rd place
    Argentina beat Spain for 5th place
    Russia beat Slovenia for 7th place

what kind of grouping is that? We can see which side is strong:

In my own opinion Lithuania deserve a silver platter...
    Last edited by bimbo1022; 09-12-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bimbo1022 View Post
    The Good: This Group Side: USA Lithuania Argentina and Russia

The Bad: This Group Side: Turkey Serbia Spain and Slovenia

The Ugly:

USA beat Turkey for 1st place
    Lithuania beat Serbia for 3rd place
    Argentina beat Spain for 5th place
    Russia beat Slovenia for 7th place

what kind of grouping is that? We can see which side is strong:
    I do not think that something was much wrong with grouping, because:
    1) All 8 teams which took 1st and 2nd places in their groups had advanced to the 1/4 finals round - no exceptions! (this means that all 2nd teams won against the 3rd teams of other groups)
    2) All 1st teams of the groups advanced to the semifinals (once again, no exceptions).

This shows that seeding was almost perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by felix_r View Post
    The best player: Durant
    The rising star: Pocius (The kid has it!)
    The good surpise: Lithuania
    The bad surpise: Spain/Greece
    Good but ugly team: Russia (Ugly playing style, no stars, but made her best)
    Good but ugly player: Teodosic. Great player. Shitty personality. Once again he didn't come to the ceremony (he did the same in Euroleague). He should learn to behave himself and to give more respect to all the people around him. I hope Dusan Ivkovich will do something about it.
    The Ugly: Attendance. (I will not speak about the refs. They were bad, but they were bad in every big tournament that I remember. So there was nothing unusual at this WC)
    Teodosic is a f****** spoild kid! f*** him! If you don't respect others they will not respect you Fe***t!

Respect to Teodosic for not showing up for idiots who took away finals from him
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    Respect to Teodosic for not showing up for idiots who took away finals from him
    i guess EL took away his title also!? it means if teodoic won't win a title means its taken away form him by some high power?! hes not mature enough to accept he loss. that means he's a spoild kid!

The Good: The drama matches Turkey-Serbia, Serbia-Spain, Serbia-Croatia, Serbia-Argentina, Serbia-Germany, Argentina-Brazil and USA-Brazil. The nice court atmosphere. Milos Teodosic snubbing FIBA's award. The topsy-turvy group A. Kevin Durant, Luis Scola, Marcelinho Huertas, Milos Teodosic, Juan Carlos Navarro and the Lithuanian NT in the match vs Argentina. Young, potent stars like Mantas Kalnietis, Goran Dragic, Vidmar, Marko Keselj, Martynas Pocius, Timofey Mozgov, Tim Olbrecht, all had decent tournaments. New teams will appear in the next Eurobasket as contenders

The Bad: The worst USA team since the late 1980s won gold. This never happens in real life, just in fiction or fixed tournaments. The treatment of Jonas Kazlauskas towards Dimitris Diamantidis. The Spanish NT afte Calderon's injury. The Greek NT after the friendlies. Slovenia vs USA and Turkey kept on being scared. The lucky USA draw. The officiating in all USA matches. Milenko Tepic's and Ricky Rubio's dreadful performances. The disrespect to this amazing Serbia in the semi-final with Turkey. Asik's acting. The non-existant presence of fans in all games besides the Turkish ones

The Ugly: The worst referees in history. Pre-decided final. Obvious lack of audience. Very low level basketball

WC was the lowest level one since 1998. And it was unfair. Better team didn't win
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Quote Originally Posted by wardjdim View Post
    The Good: The drama matches Turkey-Serbia, Serbia-Spain, Serbia-Croatia, Serbia-Argentina, Serbia-Germany, Argentina-Brazil and USA-Brazil. The nice court atmosphere. Milos Teodosic snubbing FIBA's award. The topsy-turvy group A. Kevin Durant, Luis Scola, Marcelinho Huertas, Milos Teodosic, Juan Carlos Navarro and the Lithuanian NT in the match vs Argentina. Young, potent stars like Mantas Kalnietis, Goran Dragic, Vidmar, Marko Keselj, Martynas Pocius, Timofey Mozgov, Tim Olbrecht, all had decent tournaments. New teams will appear in the next Eurobasket as contenders

The Bad: The worst USA team since the late 1980s won gold. This never happens in real life, just in fiction or fixed tournaments. The treatment of Jonas Kazlauskas towards Dimitris Diamantidis. The Spanish NT afte Calderon's injury. The Greek NT after the friendlies. Slovenia vs USA and Turkey kept on being scared. The lucky USA draw. The officiating in all USA matches. Milenko Tepic's and Ricky Rubio's dreadful performances. The disrespect to this amazing Serbia in the semi-final with Turkey. Asik's acting. The non-existant presence of fans in all games besides the Turkish ones

The Ugly: The worst referees in history. Pre-decided final. Obvious lack of audience. Very low level basketball

WC was the lowest level one since 1998. And it was unfair. Better team didn't win
    that's why Romualdas Brazauskas didnt attend to the finals ,couse he didnt agree to therms of FIBA. He's the most honest reffere there is!

Quote Originally Posted by buterbrodas View Post
    Teodosic is a f****** spoild kid! f*** him! If you don't respect others they will not respect you Fe***t!
    Bro, I think that's pretty much irrelevant for him as he apostrophized that TEAM was much more important for him then individual record after each game in this tournament, plus they(FIBA) were shameful toward him and his team

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    no your not.

that was before, when the players were receiving their respective medals
    Yes I am.

They were booing when politicans entered the hall,

they were booing when single politicans were giving some awards (including respective medals)

and they were booing when politicans were leaving the hall (it was during the anthem).

Unless you somehow saw that there was no single politican still in the hall just before the anthem started (and duing the first few seconds of playing it). I doubt it because you can not see that on TV and be sure of that unless you were in the hall yourself.
    So lets wait for somebody who was watching the game live in the arena to clear the air.

Quote Originally Posted by buterbrodas View Post
    that's why Romualdas Brazauskas didnt attend to the finals ,couse he didnt agree to therms of FIBA. He's the most honest reffere there is!
    Actually he is FIBA's boy...

Quote Originally Posted by felix_r View Post
    Good but ugly player: Teodosic. Great player. Shitty personality. Once again he didn't come to the ceremony (he did the same in Euroleague). He should learn to behave himself and to give more respect to all the people around him.
    At the Euroleague ceremony, he had gastric flu (gastroenteritis) and he was at the hospital for an IV in order to manage to play at the F4

Quote Originally Posted by yessuz View Post
    Wtf? who is he and can you gimme a link?
    Before the start of the USA - Lithuania game, he mentioned how passionate and how the Lithuanians take pride in their basketball. He said that everybody in Lithuania are watching the game even in their town squares. I guess he tried to make a joke about since everybody is watching their team vs USA, you would be able to rob a bank in Lithuania without a quick getaway. Sorry I don't have a link to it.

Considering that Eurobasket in Poland was his first FIBA tournament after a 7 year break, your statement does seem to be sound indeed...

ah these americans are so damn brainwashed. "haters of USA", "haters of Brasil" (wtf, who are those??), these self-invented enemies remind me of the "mighty terrorists". stupid janks.

If he is a FIBA boy then why not send him to ref the finals? And also how come that in 2009 was his first FIBA tournament in 7 years you do not make much sense, you know.

Well maybe he wants in this tournament final because FIUBA got mad at his words that the refs are making it easier for team USA compared to other teams by not counting all of the traveling if they do not count it to be the significant.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast