No announcement yet.

The good, the bad and the ugly in this competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar Schmidt have criticize Brazil NT team for not having somebody who will take last shot in crunch time somebody with balls also he said Serbia is the best country for producing such players You need somebody else beside Machado, Barbosa sucks
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
      Oscar Schmidt have criticize Brazil NT team for not having somebody who will take last shot in crunch time somebody with balls also he said Serbia is the best country for producing such players You need somebody else beside Machado, Barbosa sucks
      Oscar talks a lot of shit ... But I have to agree with him ... Have we dont this guy ... many others teams doesn't Have too ... Barbosa Will play for the Raptors, will get much more minutes than he had in the Suns ... and earn more responsibility....maybe he matures ...

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
        Yes, but Oscar Schmidt cannot be clonned... unfortunately!

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
          It's funny how Lithuanian fans are supporting this NT they presented here

I mean, ok, team mentality, Kleiza playing some great games, I loved them vs Argentina, but this is a team without serious potential, heading to the Eurobasket to be held in Lithuania. No serious PG (Kalnietis overachieved), no center, a pathetic performance without fight against USA in a WC semi-final, where they played it as if it was a friendly game. How can you really like that? It is close to so-and-so..
          Are you kidding? So the team that placed third, only lost 1 game and beat Spain, Serbia and Argentina and you are asking Lithuanians if they like that? How can Liths NOT like that? Their crowd will be going crazy next year and I, for one, am excited and will be rooting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
            The Good - Brazil:
            1st. they're not Argentina's shadow anymore
            2nd. they showed all their Euro Haters, they are at the same level of the top European teams
            3rd. They were the only team who could actually complete against USA

The Bad - either Argentina/Spain's excellent flopping skills or Fran Fraschilla

The Ugly - Turkish fans booing the American Anthem at the Medal Ceremony (very classy)

no no no,majority of crowd clapped,cheered for usa.it was against our president and premiere.even if somebody did it,i say sorry,they cant do it against any team.i hate people booing other nations anthem.

Comment

it didnt happen. it was a reaction against our prime minister and his manners about policies...

Comment

Originally posted by erainmania View Post
                it didnt happen. it was a reaction against our prime minister and his manners about policies...
                They were booing Greece on every game, even against Spain!
                sigpic
                GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

As a bb fan
                  The good: USA, Lithuania and Turkey (for going beyond expectations). And Slovenian fans, they were great.
                  The bad: Lack of attendence in several games, missing stars in several teams.
                  The ugly: On purpose defeats of Greece and France

As a Turkish fan:
                  The good: We played good basketball winning 8 of 9 games, with dominating performance in 4. We gained 2 new bb arenas. Kayseri met top class basketball, a city which bb is never involved in its culture.
                  The bad : Carl Jungebranditis. Our performance in the semi final and final games.
                  The ugly : On purpose defeats of Greece and France

Originally posted by g.g View Post
                  They were booing Greece on every game, even against Spain!
                  If that's the only part you wanna see yes they were booing Greece. On the other hand, this is the first time in my entire life that I saw turkish and greek fans sitting together in a TURvsGRE match and cheering for their own teams with no incident, including the games in neutral territory. And I'm not surprised you didn't mention that.
                  One trophy is always better than no trophies
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inm7muXAnIM

Comment

good - lietuva
                    bad - greece
                    ugly - durant and whole of usa team, especially coach K

Comment

Originally posted by Delibasic View Post
                      good - lietuva
                      bad - greece
                      ugly - durant and whole of usa team, especially coach K
                      Why ugly for durant and team usa? Please explain

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
                        Why ugly for durant and team usa? Please explain
                        fair enough question. i meant they're just plain ugly in physical sense. i'm just frustrated that yanks won, that's all. i was hoping for serbia - usa final. in any case well done usa. for a team that was quickly put together, amazing success.

apart from that i'm very impressed with lithvania

Comment

Originally posted by Delibasic View Post
                          fair enough question. i meant they're just plain ugly in physical sense. i'm just frustrated that yanks won, that's all. i was hoping for serbia - usa final. in any case well done usa. for a team that was quickly put together, amazing success.

apart from that i'm very impressed with lithvania
                          yeah, a few of our guys aren't going to be models anytime soon.

Comment

i dont know who is good and bad.but i am sure about who are uglies.
                            Greek n French managerial stuff who tried to fix the matchings.

Comment

Interesting post from Batum on his blog about his world championship. And of course he doe snot elude that game against new Zelanders. Little quote :

So, this game... Well, we didn't go the right way into it. We watched Greece vs Russia in the locker room, we knew that we had our fate in our hands. We started to play a certain way but not thoroughly, we calculated without calculating. It was weird, we played backwards, we probably thought that anyways we could save ourselves. Except we didn't save ourselves. And then my foul on Kirk Penney, damn... I've never rewatched it, I don't want to watch that play ever. Well he played well, I was at full speed, I couldn't stop, he grabbed the ball, he stopped immediately. That was well played he got me, royally. I don't like to admit but I ran into him after that and I told him "bastard, that was well played." I tried to run because he's a shooter and I wanted to be on him, not give him space and he stopped dead, jumped right away, straight, but I was in my track, I couldn't stop.

Then we scored. They were still in sight regarding their lead. But then there was the 3 pointer with the board from Abercrombie who killed us royally. I told myself "It's not possible." To be honest, I always thought "the day I make it to France Team senior, I will never live the France vs Greece style scenario, I will do everything not to live it." Bah here it is, I got it. But it's the last time it happens.

So in the locker room, Vincent [Collet, French coach] yelled at us really good about the last play, as you may have seen (Interieur Sport from Canal + [in French]). This is normal, but we should also have done the work before : this play should never have happened. And Vincent has told us about that too. OK, we could have fouled, we didn't. But we didn't lose the match on these 5 seconds, but 39 minutes before, when we had to get the job done. We can't put ourselves in that situation. If you do the job, it's safe. Maybe at this point, late in the game, we can think of calculations but we should not have done in the beginning. But here we've kind of disgraced the French basketball on that game because we did not show values like combativity, competitiveness.

Anyways, there was ample space to dominate New Zealand, let's be honest. And they added a New Zealander for me in Portland, they really want me to mess my season... Though we haven't talked about it yet. Not yet but I fear the day he does. Patrick Mills and Rudy mocked be about that, that was extraordinary. Patrick, I saw him on the same day at the hotel, he taunted me right away. But hey, he couldn't talk too much because he just had a huge loss against Slovenia. In fact, with Australia, he's never lost against New Zealand and he was telling me they were so easy to play.
                              If something has been wrong with our staff, that was leaving players watch that bloody greece vs russia game right before entering the game.
                              Someone who follows the results of our Nt's (and not necessary basketball) should keep in mind that France is always dangerous under pressure but on the other hand, they handle being favorite quite bad, geting in supposedly easy games way too much relaxed.

Nothing to compare with a deliberate tactic here, that just does not suit our current staff. Lack of foresight (and a bad appreciation of the level of the less known opponent as usual) on what could occur after watching such a game on the other hand, especially when half of the players were concerned by the other greek "idon'twantspain" crap during last euro.

Comment

Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
                                It's funny how Lithuanian fans are supporting this NT they presented here

I mean, ok, team mentality, Kleiza playing some great games, I loved them vs Argentina, but this is a team without serious potential, heading to the Eurobasket to be held in Lithuania. No serious PG (Kalnietis overachieved), no center, a pathetic performance without fight against USA in a WC semi-final, where they played it as if it was a friendly game. How can you really like that? It is close to so-and-so..
                                This has to be "the post of the year"

Seems like this guy will have some bad time in the future because Lithuania is going to have the best decade in Lithuanian BB history.
                                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information