Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Attendance

  1. #41
    Junior Member almighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    istanbul
    Posts
    19

    Default

    just one thing , during the semi final game between USA-LIT, at least 10.000 people watching, Just some local empty seats were in the Sinan Erdem Arena. full capacity of Arena is 17.000 people. so i won't agree Semi Final game were play against empty seats. For empty seats, you should ask to FIBA , because only FIBA seats are empty, we don't know where the FIBA tickets are.
    Kick Out Racism

  2. #42
    Senior Member Deschain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    765
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Turkey doesn't have any sports culture , and will never have properly. That happens when you only care about winning not the mechanisms of a sport. And those who cheer only after a win, perish after a defeat. There's no respect for the opposite team.

    There are many people like that in each country , since turkey has a large population pool, those people become more dominant compared to other countries. They have bad temper , they don't have any patience and they curse when they loose.

    And i'm aware that this also means , there should be more people with good attitude towards the sports however , they are not encouraged to attend matches, watch any sports because sports and especially football start to be considered as an inferior activity.

    Attendance ; this was expected. And i don't think it was any different than any past WCs.

  3. #43
    Senior Member jorje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA,Illinois
    Posts
    171
    Country: Cuba

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boghra View Post
    About the sports culture..In fact we do have an old sports culture. CHK : OIL WRESTLING.
    Yes i heard that it is originated centuries ago.
    I also know that wrestling ,in general ,is very popular in Turkey.
    I did mention wrestling on purpose.
    Imagine a Grecoroman wrestling tournament in UK.Probably the stadium would be empty.
    Or a baseball tournament in Egypt-lol-what i am trying to say is that basketball with the exception of Istanbull was not very popular in Turkey.Maybe now things will change.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Deschain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    765
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jorje View Post
    Yes i heard that it is originated centuries ago.
    I also know that wrestling ,in general ,is very popular in Turkey.
    I did mention wrestling on purpose.
    Imagine a Grecoroman wrestling tournament in UK.Probably the stadium would be empty.
    Or a baseball tournament in Egypt-lol-what i am trying to say is that basketball with the exception of Istanbull was not very popular in Turkey.Maybe now things will change.
    Actually basketball has been tried to be made populer in the last decade. But since it's a complex sport and an expensive sport , people didn't attend that as expected. Yet there's a considerable amount of people who arre into the orange ball

    There's this attitude in turkey: "there's a semi final match in basketball WC , and Beşiktaş football match vs a regular team!!!!111 , what to do? "

    still , it's not low like baseball in egypt. It's just.. they only cheer if the team wins

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurQuoise View Post
    Ignore kizilelma's posts, his nickname represents a fascist Turkish ideology, and with respect to his subjective Turkey comments, he is a fascist.

    Turkey does not have a sports culture. You can see this by knowing how many Turkish athletes are competing in Olympic Games. Not more than 10-15, and most of them are ingathered from different nationalities. We only have football culture, we really have perfect football supporters, but it is in fanatism point of view, not sports love. Only very few people goes to see a good football game at weekends with family, it is only people's belongings to their team. And football is considered as a man game, and the only important thing is to win, if team loses, supporters even swear to their own team.

    I hope this tournament can change something.
    I completely agree with those two points.
    I really wish the best to you guys, and I think this tournament has already brought light upon your nations sports culture. Turkey have the population to be a dominant sports nation and it's not impossible. Spain used to be invisible in Basketball, Football, Tennis, Water Polo, etc. But they've invested so much time and money in their sports facilities that they're arguably the most dominant sporting nation in the World right now. If we are talking about the main sports like Basketball, Football, Tennis, etc. Turkey already have a wonderful football team. I think a golden generation of Turkish football is soon to come. You guys have been doing BRILLIANTLY in youth categories in the last couple of years. Basketball, Hedo has popularized this sport very much in your nation and now with this World Championship hopefully more children will be motivated to become the next Hedo etc etc. It's never too late to become a sports oriented nation. Spain is the perfect example.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    just one thing , during the semi final game between USA-LIT, at least 10.000 people watching, Just some local empty seats were in the Sinan Erdem Arena. full capacity of Arena is 17.000 people. so i won't agree Semi Final game were play against empty seats. For empty seats, you should ask to FIBA , because only FIBA seats are empty, we don't know where the FIBA tickets are.
    I highly doubt there were even 10,000 people at the semi-final. It would have meant that more than 70% of your stadium was full and it looked to me like it was more than 70% empty.
    Actually the full capacity of the Arena is 15,500 people or 22,500 for a concert.

    There were 24,000 people at the US Open semi-final match of Roger Federer vs Novak Djokovic in New York.
    Istanbul's population exceeds that of New Yorks.

    I'm not bashing Turkey. I'm actually hoping you guys realize this and fix it soon. Bring this to the attention of your nation. Popularize this topic and surely something will be done in the near future. I'm sure this tournament alone will bring more fans in the future regardless of the outcome of the match tomorrow against USA.

  7. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Well if you've been watching the matches on TV, you could only see the closest seats(which is the most expensive) and that's probably one of the reason. And you buy combined tickets, not a single ticket for a game, and due to bayram people prefers to go only Turkey's match rather than going all of them. Nevertheless, these reasons are not a real excuse. I think it has something to do with Football's popularity in Turkey. I can assure you it was not totally empty.

  8. #48

    Default

    well imao the only reason is daily ticket system. if you ever try to buy ticket you would have seen all of them sold out. But like i said tickets were daily and many ppl came to hall in the middle of first game or last quarter.
    This is the second most exciting thing you can do it indoor and you can do it in front of thousands. Well you know the first one and bedrooms are a bit small for thousands.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kizilelma View Post
    Why dont you say that the other teams' fans did not go to the matches?
    We supported our team very well and that is our duty.
    So if you blame someone think all factors and point your critics to other teams as well. that is a logical must.
    lol other countries arent hosts

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvertis4 View Post
    Isn't it one ticket per game?

    So it's basically, Turkey plays at night, so people will start going to the stadium after the halftime of the first game. Pretty much this. They wouldn't want to go to a stadium for 5 hours.

    Organization issues. If they cared about "appearance of attendance" they'd sell more tickets to non-Turks unless there was not much interest
    Nah its one day tickets. So if you buy the semi-final ticket you go to both games. And the Lithuania-USA game was packed yesterday but no cheering except for the Lithuanian bunch at the side and DAMN they were impressive I took loads of pictures of them, even when they were losing by 10+ they were still cheering like hell.

  11. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SouL InvictuS View Post
    well imao the only reason is daily ticket system. if you ever try to buy ticket you would have seen all of them sold out. But like i said tickets were daily and many ppl came to hall in the middle of first game or last quarter.
    Yeah daily tickets suck indeed. For example at the quarterfinals Serbia vs. Spain game. After Spain had lost all of the Spanish people left the building and gave away their tickets, that isn't really the way to go since most people only come to support their own team.

    Although i did see a Lithuanian bunch behind the Turkey bench last night all green

  12. #52
    Senior Member kecal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keisukehonda View Post
    Yeah daily tickets suck indeed. For example at the quarterfinals Serbia vs. Spain game. After Spain had lost all of the Spanish people left the building and gave away their tickets, that isn't really the way to go since most people only come to support their own team.

    Although i did see a Lithuanian bunch behind the Turkey bench last night all green
    That means they do not understand the game, and do not like it... Bad sign for basketball in general...
    Look at any Football World Cup - lot's of people come to watch as neutrals, because they like the game itself. There are also some that go to the game just to show off and be part of a fashionable trend, but I doubt they're in majority...

    PS.: BTW, I believe daily ticket is the only reason, why this whole thing does not look even more pathetic...

  13. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kecal View Post
    That means they do not understand the game, and do not like it... Bad sign for basketball in general...
    Look at any Football World Cup - lot's of people come to watch as neutrals, because they like the game itself. There are also some that go to the game just to show off and be part of a fashionable trend, but I doubt they're in majority...

    PS.: BTW, I believe daily ticket is the only reason, why this whole thing does not look even more pathetic...
    Haha i totally understand the showing off part. At the Slovenia match we were lucky to get into Zone 1 to watch the game but people at Zone 1 were there just to watch the game and show off, no cheering or anything. Whenever we 4 guys stood up and cheered people behind us tried to sit us down.

    At Zones 2,3,4 there are major cheerers (Turkey-wise) and for example the Lithuanian bunch (and they were after Slovenia the best fans of the tournament imo,such a small bunch making good noise ) were at Zone 4 too.

    So some people do indeed go to just watch the game although they are really few compared to people who come to watch the game and cheer for their team.

    But yeah most people did come to watch the games of their teams only. So far i have only seen Slovenian people watching the matches of other teams in group rounds. 5 thousand people with green shirts watching the other games of their group with their daily tickets

  14. #54
    Senior Member gravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    The USA-Lithuania semi-final was practically empty. This is not how a FIBA World Championships semi-final game should be treated..
    This is not true ! I watched that game in Sinan Erdem last night. More than half of it full. But style of Sinan Erdem always looked like empty because it's build for athletism (in 2011) and they changed some for press..

    Some places empty because those ticket owners tried to sell their tickets to Turks And some Turks didn't come early..

  15. #55

    Default

    In the my college,Attendance is important for our best performance. There is level of the attendance which is must require.Less attendance effects on our last annual performance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •