Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    You brought it up so YOU do the reserach. Once you post your argument I will counter it with my statistics.
    nice try. you started the thread.
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by DarkoMVP View Post
      You think Turkey has more than 5% or 3.75 millionaires? LOL, all of Europe only has 2.9 million (0.41%), and it is much richer than Turkey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million...s_in_the_world
      one thing you can learn from a turkish guy,
      we keep our money under our pillows

that is an old saying in Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by kizilelma View Post
        one thing you can learn from a turkish guy,
        we keep our money under our pillows

that is an old saying in Turkish
        hahahaha

I didn't know Turkey people kept millions of dolllars in their homes!

Next time I come to Turkey I will make sure to visit your home

Comment

hahahaha

I didn't know Turkey people kept millions of dolllars in their homes!

Next time I come to Turkey I will make sure to visit your home
          that was a joke dude...but seriously we are economically growing in a good way.

and you are welcome to my house dude. you should know from history that we turks have hospitality...

hope to see you in turkey, maybe to support serbia, without complaining from way too far.

Comment

Originally posted by kizilelma View Post
            that was a joke dude...but seriously we are economically growing in a good way.

and you are welcome to my house dude. you should know from history that we turks have hospitality...

hope to see you in turkey, maybe to support serbia, without complaining from way too far.
            Obviously you didn't sense my sarcasm either

Next time I come to Turkey, I expect a full stadium every match

Comment

Obviously you didn't sense my sarcasm either

Next time I come to Turkey, I expect a full stadium every match
              I did sense.
              I just wanted to comment on that. I talk too much

Comment

This has a very simple answer. The tickets for the group stage and for the games in final rounds sold as daily tickets. So you cannot choose only one specific game to watch, moreover you have to pay for all games in a day if you want to support your team. In fact the interest in the tickets were very good comparing the previous championships. 85+ % of tickets in Izmir and Kayseri and 90+ % of the tickets in Istanbul and Ankara has been sold during group stages. The semi finals and final day tickets have been sold out even before the tournament started as well. So even yesterday people having ticket for Turkish match had to watch other semi final too. That's why there were some empty seats in lit-usa match.

Comment

Definitely is a shame. I went to the USA group matches once when USA played Brazil and even then there were low attendances. Except for Slovenia matches (BTW AWESOMEEEEE fans) and our matches the attendance has been definitely low. Although i dont think it has something to do with basketball being the second sport in Turkey.

First of all Sinan Erdem Sport Arena is definitely far away for most people in Istanbul.
                  Tickets were not expensive,although most people didnt want to go thinking the place would be empty therefore the place indeed got empty
                  There is also the fact that except for Slovenians there was no big show-off from any team fans. I mean if it was a Football World Cup , there would be definitely more fans coming from around the World.

Comment

Originally posted by jorje View Post
                    Well as a Greek i have to admit that you made harder critique than me or others.This is not necessarily bad because it seems that you demand an improvement.
                    Ramadan is not an excuse for sure, i do not agree with some other Turks.
                    But maybe if it was a Freestyle,Grecoroman world championship the attendance might be higher.
                    I was not happy to see Greek team being booed even at games against China,CIV but i completely understand and not bad feelings for that.
                    Of course when the stadium has more empty seats than people in a World Championship is not a success.
                    As for religion i completely agree.Not only for Muslims it holds for others too.
                    Sport culture and education is too much to ask sometimes in countries were sport is regarded as an opportunity of nationalist pride.
                    Scandinavians and some other Europeans have achieved and succeed in the true meaning of sports.
                    We can disagree on several issues-Greece&Turkey,Turkey&Serbia...........
                    but this is not a reason to f... sport competition.
                    Sport is for mental and physical cultivation.
                    To achieve a higher spiritual level and of course being healthy.
                    Turkish team did succeed no matter the result in the final, no matter if they did not even reach final.
                    This happened 9 years ago too.
                    The following years will show if there is a robust improvement in Turkish basketball and sport culture.
                    Imo there is.But future will tell.
                    Lastly, prices of tickets are important but not can;t determine evrything in a country of 74 millions.
                    About the sports culture..In fact we do have an old sports culture. CHK : OIL WRESTLING.

Comment

Ignore kizilelma's posts, his nickname represents a fascist Turkish ideology, and with respect to his subjective Turkey comments, he is a fascist.

Turkey does not have a sports culture. You can see this by knowing how many Turkish athletes are competing in Olympic Games. Not more than 10-15, and most of them are ingathered from different nationalities. We only have football culture, we really have perfect football supporters, but it is in fanatism point of view, not sports love. Only very few people goes to see a good football game at weekends with family, it is only people's belongings to their team. And football is considered as a man game, and the only important thing is to win, if team loses, supporters even swear to their own team.

I hope this tournament can change something.

Comment

just one thing , during the semi final game between USA-LIT, at least 10.000 people watching, Just some local empty seats were in the Sinan Erdem Arena. full capacity of Arena is 17.000 people. so i won't agree Semi Final game were play against empty seats. For empty seats, you should ask to FIBA , because only FIBA seats are empty, we don't know where the FIBA tickets are.
                        Kick Out Racism

Comment

Turkey doesn't have any sports culture , and will never have properly. That happens when you only care about winning not the mechanisms of a sport. And those who cheer only after a win, perish after a defeat. There's no respect for the opposite team.

There are many people like that in each country , since turkey has a large population pool, those people become more dominant compared to other countries. They have bad temper , they don't have any patience and they curse when they loose.

And i'm aware that this also means , there should be more people with good attitude towards the sports however , they are not encouraged to attend matches, watch any sports because sports and especially football start to be considered as an inferior activity.

Attendance ; this was expected. And i don't think it was any different than any past WCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Boghra View Post
                            About the sports culture..In fact we do have an old sports culture. CHK : OIL WRESTLING.
                            Yes i heard that it is originated centuries ago.
                            I also know that wrestling ,in general ,is very popular in Turkey.
                            I did mention wrestling on purpose.
                            Imagine a Grecoroman wrestling tournament in UK.Probably the stadium would be empty.
                            Or a baseball tournament in Egypt-lol-what i am trying to say is that basketball with the exception of Istanbull was not very popular in Turkey.Maybe now things will change.
                            http://youtu.be/dUY7SXnMAHM
                            https://youtu.be/EQp8dsyWTxA
                            https://youtu.be/8STniidh0TI
                            https://youtu.be/I5fKLUWAkmY

Comment

Originally posted by jorje View Post
                              Yes i heard that it is originated centuries ago.
                              I also know that wrestling ,in general ,is very popular in Turkey.
                              I did mention wrestling on purpose.
                              Imagine a Grecoroman wrestling tournament in UK.Probably the stadium would be empty.
                              Or a baseball tournament in Egypt-lol-what i am trying to say is that basketball with the exception of Istanbull was not very popular in Turkey.Maybe now things will change.
                              Actually basketball has been tried to be made populer in the last decade. But since it's a complex sport and an expensive sport , people didn't attend that as expected. Yet there's a considerable amount of people who arre into the orange ball

There's this attitude in turkey: "there's a semi final match in basketball WC , and Beşiktaş football match vs a regular team!!!!111 , what to do? "

still , it's not low like baseball in egypt. It's just.. they only cheer if the team wins

Comment

Originally posted by TurQuoise View Post
                                Ignore kizilelma's posts, his nickname represents a fascist Turkish ideology, and with respect to his subjective Turkey comments, he is a fascist.

Turkey does not have a sports culture. You can see this by knowing how many Turkish athletes are competing in Olympic Games. Not more than 10-15, and most of them are ingathered from different nationalities. We only have football culture, we really have perfect football supporters, but it is in fanatism point of view, not sports love. Only very few people goes to see a good football game at weekends with family, it is only people's belongings to their team. And football is considered as a man game, and the only important thing is to win, if team loses, supporters even swear to their own team.

I hope this tournament can change something.
                                I completely agree with those two points.
                                I really wish the best to you guys, and I think this tournament has already brought light upon your nations sports culture. Turkey have the population to be a dominant sports nation and it's not impossible. Spain used to be invisible in Basketball, Football, Tennis, Water Polo, etc. But they've invested so much time and money in their sports facilities that they're arguably the most dominant sporting nation in the World right now. If we are talking about the main sports like Basketball, Football, Tennis, etc. Turkey already have a wonderful football team. I think a golden generation of Turkish football is soon to come. You guys have been doing BRILLIANTLY in youth categories in the last couple of years. Basketball, Hedo has popularized this sport very much in your nation and now with this World Championship hopefully more children will be motivated to become the next Hedo etc etc. It's never too late to become a sports oriented nation. Spain is the perfect example.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information