Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Attendance

  1. #21
    Senior Member Alvertis4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    535
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Isn't it one ticket per game?

    So it's basically, Turkey plays at night, so people will start going to the stadium after the halftime of the first game. Pretty much this. They wouldn't want to go to a stadium for 5 hours.

    Organization issues. If they cared about "appearance of attendance" they'd sell more tickets to non-Turks unless there was not much interest

  2. #22
    Senior Member UMUT_FB_LAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,483
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mert Gökçeimam View Post
    I also hope the same , success in any sports surely brings attention to that sport and i prefer basketball over football all the time but without proper investment to sports will not do anything. You know what will Turkey do now with the money Turkish Basketball Federation made from the tournament ?
    They will give 1.500.000Tl ( 1 million $ ) for each player in Turkish NT even if they will loose tomorrow. Instead of giving that money to players who made millions every year , i preferred Federation spending that money educating young basketball fans.
    Yeah that faggot of a prime minister has an important referandum tomorrow so I'm sure he's doing that only for his own good..

    How HE gets to decide what basketball money is spended on is beyond me tho.. Although I do think that these players deserve everything in the world for accounting for arguably the best sports achievement in Turkish National Team history

  3. #23
    Senior Member jorje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA,Illinois
    Posts
    171
    Country: Cuba

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mert Gökçeimam View Post
    There are many reasons but most important one is probably economics. However i fully agree that it is a shame most games were played against empty seats.

    Turkey still have lots of problems related education and how people react to Sports is unacceptable imo. I hope things will change in future but from an honest view , it is really very hard because many people are highly influenced by religion and they care about religion more then education.

    We simply don't have a sport culture at all.
    Well as a Greek i have to admit that you made harder critique than me or others.This is not necessarily bad because it seems that you demand an improvement.
    Ramadan is not an excuse for sure, i do not agree with some other Turks.
    But maybe if it was a Freestyle,Grecoroman world championship the attendance might be higher.
    I was not happy to see Greek team being booed even at games against China,CIV but i completely understand and not bad feelings for that.
    Of course when the stadium has more empty seats than people in a World Championship is not a success.
    As for religion i completely agree.Not only for Muslims it holds for others too.
    Sport culture and education is too much to ask sometimes in countries were sport is regarded as an opportunity of nationalist pride.
    Scandinavians and some other Europeans have achieved and succeed in the true meaning of sports.
    We can disagree on several issues-Greece&Turkey,Turkey&Serbia...........
    but this is not a reason to f... sport competition.
    Sport is for mental and physical cultivation.
    To achieve a higher spiritual level and of course being healthy.
    Turkish team did succeed no matter the result in the final, no matter if they did not even reach final.
    This happened 9 years ago too.
    The following years will show if there is a robust improvement in Turkish basketball and sport culture.
    Imo there is.But future will tell.
    Lastly, prices of tickets are important but not can;t determine evrything in a country of 74 millions.

  4. #24

    Default

    kizilelma you are missing the point , this is world championship and worlds best team are trying to become the best team in the world and this is a Sports Event. In any condition all sport events deserve to be watched because of the efforts players. If you only keep watching your own teams games , it means that you don't care about the game at all. You just go watch the game because of your own team and unfortunately this is not called sports imo

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,462
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    FALSE

    Look at the statistics my friend. Compare and contrast.
    I trust that you will post the statistics showing other basketball WCs where the stands have been full for most games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

  6. #26

    Default

    Mert,
    Delija was questioning the attandance and I told my point of view on why the attandance was poor on some games.
    And I believe i was right to mention the holy Ramadan cause I could not go to the matches because I fast.
    So most people felt the same thing like me and did not go to wacht the games.

    Secondly, why dont we criticise the other country's fans.
    why were they not here in Turkey?

    and this is nothing to do with economics cause the tickets were damn cheap.
    even a janitor in Turkey could efford it

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    I trust that you will post the statistics showing other basketball WCs where the stands have been full for most games.
    You brought it up so YOU do the reserach. Once you post your argument I will counter it with my statistics.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jorje View Post
    Well as a Greek i have to admit that you made harder critique than me or others.This is not necessarily bad because it seems that you demand an improvement.
    Ramadan is not an excuse for sure, i do not agree with some other Turks.
    But maybe if it was a Freestyle,Grecoroman world championship the attendance might be higher.
    I was not happy to see Greek team being booed even at games against China,CIV but i completely understand and not bad feelings for that.
    Of course when the stadium has more empty seats than people in a World Championship is not a success.
    As for religion i completely agree.Not only for Muslims it holds for others too.
    Sport culture and education is too much to ask sometimes in countries were sport is regarded as an opportunity of nationalist pride.
    Scandinavians and some other Europeans have achieved and succeed in the true meaning of sports.
    We can disagree on several issues-Greece&Turkey,Turkey&Serbia...........
    but this is not a reason to f... sport competition.
    Sport is for mental and physical cultivation.
    To achieve a higher spiritual level and of course being healthy.
    Turkish team did succeed no matter the result in the final, no matter if they did not even reach final.
    This happened 9 years ago too.
    The following years will show if there is a robust improvement in Turkish basketball and sport culture.
    Imo there is.But future will tell.
    Lastly, prices of tickets are important but not can;t determine evrything in a country of 74 millions.
    Without correct judgement and hard critique it is very hard to achieve the correct path. That's why i always try to point the hard facts most people are scared to talk about. My only aim is to achieve better for my family , country and rest of the world. Sports is a great thing to achieve peace in world. That's why i always hoped things will change. Just take a look at what Ibrahim Kutluay achieved only by himself. A basketball player did more good to Turkey - Greece relationship then anyone else could do. This is where the magic sports hold.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    I trust that you will post the statistics showing other basketball WCs where the stands have been full for most games.
    JGX,
    you are definetely correct.
    this tournement is no more poor then others.
    I hope we can google the stats later and see that the audience was similar like others in the past.

    Plus, I read international press and also Fiba website, everybody is happy about the orginization of this tournament. especially foreign press and media geeks.

  10. #30
    Senior Member DarkoMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kizilelma View Post
    You really can show how foolish a man can be cause you compare Turkey with your tiny country. Turkey has 75.000.000 population and lets say with your calculation %5 makes 3.75 million millioners. and Turkey has more than that.
    So dont be funny when you make comments ok dude.
    You think Turkey has more than 5% or 3.75 millionaires? LOL, all of Europe only has 2.9 million (0.41%), and it is much richer than Turkey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million...s_in_the_world

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,462
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    You brought it up so YOU do the reserach. Once you post your argument I will counter it with my statistics.
    nice try. you started the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkoMVP View Post
    You think Turkey has more than 5% or 3.75 millionaires? LOL, all of Europe only has 2.9 million (0.41%), and it is much richer than Turkey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million...s_in_the_world
    one thing you can learn from a turkish guy,
    we keep our money under our pillows

    that is an old saying in Turkish

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kizilelma View Post
    one thing you can learn from a turkish guy,
    we keep our money under our pillows

    that is an old saying in Turkish
    hahahaha

    I didn't know Turkey people kept millions of dolllars in their homes!

    Next time I come to Turkey I will make sure to visit your home

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    hahahaha

    I didn't know Turkey people kept millions of dolllars in their homes!

    Next time I come to Turkey I will make sure to visit your home
    that was a joke dude...but seriously we are economically growing in a good way.

    and you are welcome to my house dude. you should know from history that we turks have hospitality...

    hope to see you in turkey, maybe to support serbia, without complaining from way too far.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kizilelma View Post
    that was a joke dude...but seriously we are economically growing in a good way.

    and you are welcome to my house dude. you should know from history that we turks have hospitality...

    hope to see you in turkey, maybe to support serbia, without complaining from way too far.
    Obviously you didn't sense my sarcasm either

    Next time I come to Turkey, I expect a full stadium every match

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
    Obviously you didn't sense my sarcasm either

    Next time I come to Turkey, I expect a full stadium every match
    I did sense.
    I just wanted to comment on that. I talk too much

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    This has a very simple answer. The tickets for the group stage and for the games in final rounds sold as daily tickets. So you cannot choose only one specific game to watch, moreover you have to pay for all games in a day if you want to support your team. In fact the interest in the tickets were very good comparing the previous championships. 85+ % of tickets in Izmir and Kayseri and 90+ % of the tickets in Istanbul and Ankara has been sold during group stages. The semi finals and final day tickets have been sold out even before the tournament started as well. So even yesterday people having ticket for Turkish match had to watch other semi final too. That's why there were some empty seats in lit-usa match.

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Definitely is a shame. I went to the USA group matches once when USA played Brazil and even then there were low attendances. Except for Slovenia matches (BTW AWESOMEEEEE fans) and our matches the attendance has been definitely low. Although i dont think it has something to do with basketball being the second sport in Turkey.

    First of all Sinan Erdem Sport Arena is definitely far away for most people in Istanbul.
    Tickets were not expensive,although most people didnt want to go thinking the place would be empty therefore the place indeed got empty
    There is also the fact that except for Slovenians there was no big show-off from any team fans. I mean if it was a Football World Cup , there would be definitely more fans coming from around the World.

  19. #39
    Junior Member Boghra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jorje View Post
    Well as a Greek i have to admit that you made harder critique than me or others.This is not necessarily bad because it seems that you demand an improvement.
    Ramadan is not an excuse for sure, i do not agree with some other Turks.
    But maybe if it was a Freestyle,Grecoroman world championship the attendance might be higher.
    I was not happy to see Greek team being booed even at games against China,CIV but i completely understand and not bad feelings for that.
    Of course when the stadium has more empty seats than people in a World Championship is not a success.
    As for religion i completely agree.Not only for Muslims it holds for others too.
    Sport culture and education is too much to ask sometimes in countries were sport is regarded as an opportunity of nationalist pride.
    Scandinavians and some other Europeans have achieved and succeed in the true meaning of sports.
    We can disagree on several issues-Greece&Turkey,Turkey&Serbia...........
    but this is not a reason to f... sport competition.
    Sport is for mental and physical cultivation.
    To achieve a higher spiritual level and of course being healthy.
    Turkish team did succeed no matter the result in the final, no matter if they did not even reach final.
    This happened 9 years ago too.
    The following years will show if there is a robust improvement in Turkish basketball and sport culture.
    Imo there is.But future will tell.
    Lastly, prices of tickets are important but not can;t determine evrything in a country of 74 millions.
    About the sports culture..In fact we do have an old sports culture. CHK : OIL WRESTLING.

  20. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Ignore kizilelma's posts, his nickname represents a fascist Turkish ideology, and with respect to his subjective Turkey comments, he is a fascist.

    Turkey does not have a sports culture. You can see this by knowing how many Turkish athletes are competing in Olympic Games. Not more than 10-15, and most of them are ingathered from different nationalities. We only have football culture, we really have perfect football supporters, but it is in fanatism point of view, not sports love. Only very few people goes to see a good football game at weekends with family, it is only people's belongings to their team. And football is considered as a man game, and the only important thing is to win, if team loses, supporters even swear to their own team.

    I hope this tournament can change something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •