Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by almighty View Post
    just one thing , during the semi final game between USA-LIT, at least 10.000 people watching, Just some local empty seats were in the Sinan Erdem Arena. full capacity of Arena is 17.000 people. so i won't agree Semi Final game were play against empty seats. For empty seats, you should ask to FIBA , because only FIBA seats are empty, we don't know where the FIBA tickets are.
    I highly doubt there were even 10,000 people at the semi-final. It would have meant that more than 70% of your stadium was full and it looked to me like it was more than 70% empty.
    Actually the full capacity of the Arena is 15,500 people or 22,500 for a concert.

There were 24,000 people at the US Open semi-final match of Roger Federer vs Novak Djokovic in New York.
    Istanbul's population exceeds that of New Yorks.

I'm not bashing Turkey. I'm actually hoping you guys realize this and fix it soon. Bring this to the attention of your nation. Popularize this topic and surely something will be done in the near future. I'm sure this tournament alone will bring more fans in the future regardless of the outcome of the match tomorrow against USA.

Comment

Well if you've been watching the matches on TV, you could only see the closest seats(which is the most expensive) and that's probably one of the reason. And you buy combined tickets, not a single ticket for a game, and due to bayram people prefers to go only Turkey's match rather than going all of them. Nevertheless, these reasons are not a real excuse. I think it has something to do with Football's popularity in Turkey. I can assure you it was not totally empty.

Comment

well imao the only reason is daily ticket system. if you ever try to buy ticket you would have seen all of them sold out. But like i said tickets were daily and many ppl came to hall in the middle of first game or last quarter.
        This is the second most exciting thing you can do it indoor and you can do it in front of thousands. Well you know the first one and bedrooms are a bit small for thousands.

Comment

Originally posted by kizilelma View Post
          Why dont you say that the other teams' fans did not go to the matches?
          We supported our team very well and that is our duty.
          So if you blame someone think all factors and point your critics to other teams as well. that is a logical must.
          lol other countries arent hosts

Comment

Originally posted by Alvertis4 View Post
            Isn't it one ticket per game?

So it's basically, Turkey plays at night, so people will start going to the stadium after the halftime of the first game. Pretty much this. They wouldn't want to go to a stadium for 5 hours.

Organization issues. If they cared about "appearance of attendance" they'd sell more tickets to non-Turks unless there was not much interest
            Nah its one day tickets. So if you buy the semi-final ticket you go to both games. And the Lithuania-USA game was packed yesterday but no cheering except for the Lithuanian bunch at the side and DAMN they were impressive I took loads of pictures of them, even when they were losing by 10+ they were still cheering like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by SouL InvictuS View Post
              well imao the only reason is daily ticket system. if you ever try to buy ticket you would have seen all of them sold out. But like i said tickets were daily and many ppl came to hall in the middle of first game or last quarter.
              Yeah daily tickets suck indeed. For example at the quarterfinals Serbia vs. Spain game. After Spain had lost all of the Spanish people left the building and gave away their tickets, that isn't really the way to go since most people only come to support their own team.

Although i did see a Lithuanian bunch behind the Turkey bench last night all green

Comment

Originally posted by Keisukehonda View Post
                Yeah daily tickets suck indeed. For example at the quarterfinals Serbia vs. Spain game. After Spain had lost all of the Spanish people left the building and gave away their tickets, that isn't really the way to go since most people only come to support their own team.

Although i did see a Lithuanian bunch behind the Turkey bench last night all green
                That means they do not understand the game, and do not like it... Bad sign for basketball in general...
                Look at any Football World Cup - lot's of people come to watch as neutrals, because they like the game itself. There are also some that go to the game just to show off and be part of a fashionable trend, but I doubt they're in majority...

PS.: BTW, I believe daily ticket is the only reason, why this whole thing does not look even more pathetic...

Comment

Originally posted by kecal View Post
                  That means they do not understand the game, and do not like it... Bad sign for basketball in general...
                  Look at any Football World Cup - lot's of people come to watch as neutrals, because they like the game itself. There are also some that go to the game just to show off and be part of a fashionable trend, but I doubt they're in majority...

PS.: BTW, I believe daily ticket is the only reason, why this whole thing does not look even more pathetic...
                  Haha i totally understand the showing off part. At the Slovenia match we were lucky to get into Zone 1 to watch the game but people at Zone 1 were there just to watch the game and show off, no cheering or anything. Whenever we 4 guys stood up and cheered people behind us tried to sit us down.

At Zones 2,3,4 there are major cheerers (Turkey-wise) and for example the Lithuanian bunch (and they were after Slovenia the best fans of the tournament imo,such a small bunch making good noise ) were at Zone 4 too.

So some people do indeed go to just watch the game although they are really few compared to people who come to watch the game and cheer for their team.

But yeah most people did come to watch the games of their teams only. So far i have only seen Slovenian people watching the matches of other teams in group rounds. 5 thousand people with green shirts watching the other games of their group with their daily tickets

Comment

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
                    The USA-Lithuania semi-final was practically empty. This is not how a FIBA World Championships semi-final game should be treated..
                    This is not true ! I watched that game in Sinan Erdem last night. More than half of it full. But style of Sinan Erdem always looked like empty because it's build for athletism (in 2011) and they changed some for press..

Some places empty because those ticket owners tried to sell their tickets to Turks And some Turks didn't come early..

Comment

In the my college,Attendance is important for our best performance. There is level of the attendance which is must require.Less attendance effects on our last annual performance.
                      automotive mechanic training

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information