The Los Angeles Lakers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Los Angeles Lakers 99 Minnesota Timberwolves 94
    Guard and co-team captain Derek Fisher was upset on the said game despite the Lakers winning the contest. Fisher was not contented on how the Lakers played and he felt that the team played complacent and lax. There weere observed and noted careless turnovers during that game.

Fisher said on an interview with ESPN:

"The way we played tonight was irresponsible and it was reckless and it was disrespectful. I can't get any clearer than that. There was an air of complacency, of arrogance, of 'we don't have to play as hard as the other team to win' that I didn't like tonight."
    "I don't even have to look at a stat sheet. I don't know what the numbers are, what the stats are, we just didn't play the game the way it was supposed to be played."
    Last edited by CKR13; 11-10-2010, 11:58 PM.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
      ...There observed and noted careless turnovers during that game.

Fisher said on an interview with ESPN:
      This complaint doesn't ring true. He's just trying to get his team psyched so that they don't "let their guard down." He's just trying to keep them on edge.

...besides, if anybody has ever let down the Lakers and given careless turnovers and lax defense, it's Fisher!
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
        This complaint doesn't ring true. He's just trying to get his team psyched so that they don't "let their guard down." He's just trying to keep them on edge.

...besides, if anybody has ever let down the Lakers and given careless turnovers and lax defense, it's Fisher!
        True but Fisher has had quite a few game winning shots for the Lakers especially one of those NBA "greatest moments" against the Spurs in the playoffs with 0.4 seconds left on the shot clock.

Comment

Lakers did awsome job so far!!!

Btw check these great video

Download here:

http://www.filesonic.com/file/312477...les Lakers.mp4

Comment

Nuggets rally to hand Lakers first loss, 118-112

DENVER(AP) With the game tied and the ball in his hands behind the 3-point line, J.R. Smith hesitated for just a moment.

"I was thinking about not taking the shot because I missed the one before that and I didn't know how George was going to react," Smith said of his coach, George Karl. "When I saw how far Kobe (Bryant) was playing off, I just had to shoot."

Smith's gamble paid off. His tiebreaking 3-pointer with 4:12 left sparked an 11-0 run that led the Denver Nuggets to a 118-112 win over Los Angeles on Thursday night, handing the Lakers their first loss of the season.

"It was real big, especially against the Lakers," said Carmelo Anthony, who had 32 points and 13 rebounds.

Bryant scored a season-high 34 points and Pau Gasol had 17 points and 20 rebounds for the Lakers, who were trying to win their first nine games for the first time since the 1997-98 season.

Bryant came in needing 17 points to reach 26,000 for his career. He hit the milestone with a 13-foot jumper 49 seconds into the third quarter.

Early in the fourth it looked as though he would enjoy the milestone with a win. The Lakers led 95-85 with 11 minutes left when the Nuggets' small lineup, led by Ty Lawson, took over. The speedy point guard scored 11 points in a 16-0 run that gave them a 101-95 lead.

"I was just trying to attack," said Lawson, who finished with 17 points. "Their backcourt was a little stagnant and I wanted to speed up the game and negate their height."

It worked. Denver grabbed a 101-95 lead before the Lakers recovered. Shannon Brown's putback dunk and 3-pointer keyed an 8-0 spurt that gave the two-time defending NBA champions a 103-101 lead.

"It was one of those games where it was run after run after run," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "I was waiting for our run to catch theirs but we didn't get it."

The Nuggets had the final push. Anthony's layup tied it at 105, and after Gasol turned it over, Lawson pushed the ball upcourt looking for an opening.

"I was about to attack but everybody was late getting down," he said. "I saw J.R. at the top of the key, great shooter, and he knocked it down."

The Lakers missed their next four shots while Anthony hit two jumpers to extend the lead to seven.

"I thought Ty was great," Karl said. "When we went small our speed beat their size."

With injuries to Kenyon Martin and Chris Andersen, the Nuggets have been forced to play small this season. Against the taller Lakers they were able to overcome the size disadvantage.

"With a small lineup they open the floor and they're more of an attack mode," Gasol said. "They're very capable of making runs and getting hot, especially at home."

The Lakers led by five at halftime but opened a 14-point lead with a 13-2 surge to start the third quarter. Derek Fisher hit a 3-pointer and Bryant scored six quick points to spark the run.

The Nuggets made a run of their own and cut the lead to 79-74 on Al Harrington's 3-pointer. Bryant answered right back with two of his own to push the lead to 85-76 with 4:20 left in the third.

Smith's three-point play got Denver within 89-85 late in the third, but Anthony was called for a loose-ball foul and a technical on Los Angeles' next possession. Bryant hit the free throw and Brown nailed a 3-pointer to give the Lakers a 93-85 lead heading into the fourth.

Bryant struggled from the field in the first half, shooting 4 of 14 for 13 points. He was 11 for 32 for the game.

"We took what the defense gave us," Bryant said. "When they collapsed I made shots."

The teams traded leads throughout the first half. The Lakers finished the second quarter on a 9-4 run to take a 64-59 lead at the break.

Comment

The Los Angeles Lakers absorbing their second loss against the Phoenix Suns 121-116.

Kobe Bryant with 25pts, 9rebs and 14asts

Pau Gasol with 28pts and 17rebs.

Lamar Odom with 22pts and 11rebs.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

The Los Angeles Lakers absorbing their second loss against the Phoenix Suns 121-116.

Kobe Bryant with 25pts, 9rebs and 14asts

Pau Gasol with 28pts and 17rebs.

Lamar Odom with 22pts and 11rebs.
                I'm surprised that the lost. Usually when they get that kind of production from Odom, they win. Phoenix shot 22/40 from three-point land, so I guess nobody from Los Angeles really wanted to play defense last night...
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                  I'm surprised that the lost. Usually when they get that kind of production from Odom, they win. Phoenix shot 22/40 from three-point land, so I guess nobody from Los Angeles really wanted to play defense last night...
                  One can look at the Phx vs. L.A. game in one of two ways, either L.A. played no defense and hasn't been an elite defensive team so far this year or that Phx essentially got lucky by bombing 22 three pointers, most in team history.

Being a proud member of the Lakers Hate Club I'll vote for the former.

Comment

Forward Lamar Odom is scheduled to undergo a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) on his right foot due to soreness.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Kobe Bryant speaks about the NBA's Zero Tolerance on Officiating Protests. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Bryant said:

"It's a bad, bad rule. It's a bad one. It's subject to so much interpretation. I've been toeing the line here, so I don't want to get fined. It's something you have to be conscious of as a player, which kind of throws you off your game a little bit because basketball's such an emotional sport."
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Kobe Bryant speaks about the proposed reduction of guaranteed money on all contract levels during the ongoing discussion between the League, the Player's Union and the Association of Owners. Bryant in an interview with CBS Sports was quoted:

“I think the owners need to look in the mirror, They need to make the right judgment themselves and stop trying to force us players to be the ones to make adjustments. They’ve got to look in the mirror and decide what they want to do with the sport, and we as employees will show up and do what we’ve got to do.”
                        Asked about the potential contracts of players in the future regarding less money:

“I’m going to fight for our players.”

“It’s about making sure we have the best deal going forward, That’s my stance and that’s not going to change. I’m not going to waver. It’s about taking care of the generation that’s coming after us. That’s what the guys before us tried to do, and that’s what I’m going to try to do. I’m not going to waver from that.”
                        “The onus is not on us, people are trying to put that responsibility on us. It’s not our responsibility. It’s the owners’ job. This is what they do.”
                        It is noted that Bryant is the highest paid player in the NBA currently and is set to receive $30 Million on the final year of his contract in 2013-2014 and effectively joining Michael Jordan as the only players having to received a $30 Million paycheck on which the latter did so in 1998.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The magnitude of Bryant's contract is certainly deserving to his stature, but the same could not be said for some players like Rashard Lewis, Eddy Curry, Michael Redd and other overpaid players. Teams and their respective owners have a tendency of over-paying individuals. Where NBA Commissioner David Stern is frustrated that the said teams with overpaid players are losing money due to operating costs where cost-cutting and cost-avoidance measures made by these teams are negatively contributing to the fiscal health of the league.

Bottom line is, Stern and the Board of Directors wants the respective Team Owners to clean up their own financial mess through not only the players' salary deduction, but also imperative to all the personnel employed on each Team Organization or face a league contraction. Where it is not clear if that is a hollow threat or a serious consequence.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Veteran center Theo Ratliff is set to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee after Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan has revealed inflammation on the said knee.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

In an article published by Dave McMenamin of ESPN, the Los Angeles Lakers are eyeing veteran free agent center Erick Dampier.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this plan will push thru according to the insiders in the Los Angeles Lakers. One factor contributing is the injury of center Andrew Bynum and the surgery that center Theo Ratliff is scheduled to undergo. That leaves the Lakers' bigman depleted.

It is also noted that though Dampier has received many inquiries about his services, he is out of shape on which after undergoing workouts with Miami, Houston, Toronto and Phoenix, the said teams did not push through with a contract signing due to their respective physical evaluation on Dampier's state.

While the Lakers also has a pair of hungry rookies namely, Devin Ebanks and Derric Caracter who had earned the nod of the coaching staff.

Signing Dampier now is a short term solution for the Lakers' center spot until Bynum returns. Which Pau Gasol has been thriving on the center role for now. Lakers could save themselves further Luxury Taxes by just alternating rookies Caracter and Ebanks to relieve Gasol.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

In an article published by Dave McMenamin of ESPN, the Los Angeles Lakers are eyeing veteran free agent center Erick Dampier.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this plan will push thru according to the insiders in the Los Angeles Lakers. One factor contributing is the injury of center Andrew Bynum and the surgery that center Theo Ratliff is scheduled to undergo. That leaves the Lakers' bigman depleted.

It is also noted that though Dampier has received many inquiries about his services, he is out of shape on which after undergoing workouts with Miami, Houston, Toronto and Phoenix, the said teams did not push through with a contract signing due to their respective physical evaluation on Dampier's state.

While the Lakers also has a pair of hungry rookies namely, Devin Ebanks and Derric Caracter who had earned the nod of the coaching staff.

Signing Dampier now is a short term solution for the Lakers' center spot until Bynum returns. Which Pau Gasol has been thriving on the center role for now. Lakers could save themselves further Luxury Taxes by just alternating rookies Caracter and Ebanks to relieve Gasol.
                              Hmm, that's interesting. I never thought about Dampier going to LA, but it might be a nice fit. I don't think Caracter and Ebanks are really that great and they aren't ready for major minutes, so Dampier would be a nice stop-gap solution. It might appeal to him because LA is the top Championship contender right now.

Comment

Los Angeles Lakers 103 Detroit Pistons 90

Kobe Bryant scored 33 points and did not play in the 4th and final quarter. Pau Gasol had 25 points and 12 rebounds.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information