The Los Angeles Lakers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mvblair View Post
    Messina is a great tactician. He's dealt with the biggest stars in Europe, so I think he could deal with the stars in the NBA.

As for Mike Brown, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, he took my Cavs to the Finals and won a lot of games. On the other hand, he continued to let LeBron James isolate at the top of the key and jack up jump-shots. Eric Spoelstra, LeBron's new coach, seems to have put an end to that as the main play.

Mike Brown is an ugly '90s coach, a la Van Gundy's Knicks and Pat Riley's Heat. Lots of defense and few offensive options. Brown is going to need some good assistants (like Messina) in order to create an offense for Gasol, Bynum, and Bryant.

This just my opinion,what happen to the cavaliers under Coach Brownies will not happen to the Lakers.First Kobe Bryant is much better player than Lebron he much much creative and a much better shotter.Second, the Lakers got Bynum ang Gasul which is also good scorers unike the Cavaliers before they only got Z Ilgauskas and Anderson Varejao which play much more in defense and less in offense.
    Why worry when you can Pray...

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
      I think Chris Paul's name will be in the mix as well... Fisher is 37 and the Lakers need a good point guard as a replacement.
      I remembered Chris Paul said a couple of weeks ago, (maybe month now that I think of it but I'm not really sure the exact date) in an interview that He was would like to play for Micheal Jordan and the Bobcats if they can also get Dwight Howard to sign with them or something like that.

I will try to find the link to that article.
      ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

On what planet is that good for the Orlando Magic? You're right, Darihno, it doesn't make sense for Orlando.
        of course it makes sense, because Howard is going to walk out on them anyway. so At the very least they can try to trade him while they can and get something in return rather than sit around waiting for Howard to go else where, which he will, and get nothing in return. At the very least Orlando can get Bynum, 3 first round picks, and maybe 2-3 second round picks, and Ron Artest

but that's just my opinion anyway.

Originally posted by Darihno 5150 View Post
        If Dwight wants to leave Orlando has to try to get rid of Arenas and Turkoglu in the package.Bynum,Gasol and Artest for Orlando trio.
        That is never going to happen, EVER. Arenas will retired a magic and so will Turkoglu. We are talking about THE 2 SINGLE Worst contracts in the entire league right now, there is now way the laker or any other team in this league will that those contracts even if they were package with first rounds picks for the next 25 years worth of draft.

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        I find it hard to believe that an Elite franchise like the Los Angeles Lakers is cutting cost. Supposedly, they should be in a position to offer a coach the highest possible salary in the NBA with a championship experienced roster. Then again, the Lakers have over-spent for the last three years with the league's highest payroll. Maybe even Buss is feeling the pinch of the economy.
        well they are way over the payroll. No team can profit with that type of business model unless your name is New York Yankees.

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        The Los Angeles Lakers have come to terms with former Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Mike Brown. The deal is reportedly worth $18.25 Million on a bond of Four years.
        I'm surprise no one has said anything about this. Am I the only one who is flabbergasted about this?. Mike Brown was arguably the worst coach in the NBA in his last season in Cleveland

And who can seriously make a case for Brown deserving the Lakers' job more than say Mike Dunleavy or Jeff Van Gundy.
        It simple does not make any sense. Kobe must be so pissed right now I can even imagine how frustrated the guy must be right know.
        Last edited by Ciscorlie Horford; 05-26-2011, 06:12 PM. Reason: merge multiple posts
        ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

• Brown to drop triangle; instill defense

New Head coach Mike Brown has announced that he plans to drop the Triangle Offense on the Lakers' main offensive philosophy and instill defensive tenacity.

Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Reserved forward Matt Barnes have announced that he will be exercising his Player Option on his current contract with the Los Angeles Lakers and to return to play for the Lakers on the 2011-2012 season; the last year of his contract.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              Reserved forward Matt Barnes have announced that he will be exercising his Player Option on his current contract with the Los Angeles Lakers and to return to play for the Lakers on the 2011-2012 season; the last year of his contract.
              With Pau, Kobe, Barnes, Odom 1 year elder (they are old now) i have bad feelings for lakers next year . Bulls, OKC, Miami will be stronger next year too
              BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

• Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
                With Pau, Kobe, Barnes, Odom 1 year elder (they are old now) i have bad feelings for lakers next year . Bulls, OKC, Miami will be stronger next year too
                I agree, there is a sense of foreboding about the Lakers struggling next year given that as you pointed out, everyone is older and a new system will be in place where the triangle offense has been dropped and Mike Brown hopes that everything will begin with defense.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                  I agree, there is a sense of foreboding about the Lakers struggling next year given that as you pointed out, everyone is older and a new system will be in place where the triangle offense has been dropped and Mike Brown hopes that everything will begin with defense.
                  Brown must do miracles in defense with players like Gasol or Fisher
                  BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Brown must do miracles in defense with players like Gasol or Fisher
                    I agree with your point. Fisher has been the weakest link on the Lakers' defense on the starting unit where many NBA teams have those athletic point guards to contend with like Oklahoma's Westbrook. For Gasol, many are hoping that Gasol returns to his 2010 Playoff form where he had a great deal of contribution for the Lakers' front court defense alongside the weak side defense.

There has been talk of giving more minutes to Shannon Brown at point for defensive purposes as Fisher and Blake are bad defenders.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Nah, as much as i dislike them Lakers will still be favourite in the west next season.

Comment

• Lakers to retire Shaq's number in the future

Lakers plan to retire Shaquille O'Neal's jersey number
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Messina official as assistant of Mike Brown (we don't know the exact role yet)... congratulations Ettore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxicity View Post
                            Messina official as assistant of Mike Brown (we don't know the exact role yet)... congratulations Ettore.
                            Really? Huh. I would think that he would be better staying to coach in Europe. Of course, I'll bet LA will give him a nice check every month. If he can help Mike Brown improve his ability to coach an offense, Messina will be very good.
                            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Really? Huh. I would think that he would be better staying to coach in Europe. Of course, I'll bet LA will give him a nice check every month. If he can help Mike Brown improve his ability to coach an offense, Messina will be very good.
                              He has won it all in Europe so why don't try another experience? If things go bad, he can still come back...

And i think he'd earn more money in Europe as head coach than in the NBA as assistant...

Comment

• Rumor has it that the Los Angeles Lakers have contacted John Kuester, who was recently fired by the Detroit Pistons.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information