Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 853

Thread: The Los Angeles Lakers!!!

  1. #801
    Senior Member Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Ps. Those two have other issues.
    Morey how to get out of the awful albatross Chris Paul contract, and Myers is busy perfecting his fake crying routine. He’s trying to incorporate some actual tears in it.
    Ha, well said.

  2. #802
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    551
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Cannot wait for season to start.

  3. #803
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Poor DeMarcus Cousins, torn ACL during offseason. That guy is cursed. His career is now destined to take the Derrick Rose path. And has also repeatedly missed out on a big pay day.

  4. #804
    Senior Member CoachZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,682
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Poor DeMarcus Cousins, torn ACL during offseason. That guy is cursed. His career is now destined to take the Derrick Rose path. And has also repeatedly missed out on a big pay day.
    That dude has no luck. First he was poorly labeled as a problem in Sacramento, now injuries, the game has changed. Poor Cousins. I would've paid a lot of money to see him banging in the early 2000s. That would've been a sight...

  5. #805
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    That dude has no luck. First he was poorly labeled as a problem in Sacramento, now injuries, the game has changed. Poor Cousins. I would've paid a lot of money to see him banging in the early 2000s. That would've been a sight...
    Yeah you know he’s cursed when he goes to Golden State and somehow doesn’t get a ring out of it. Then he signs with Lakers who along with the Clippers appear to be the favorites and now he gets injured again. Just not meant to be for that guy.

  6. #806

    Default

    Clippers all the way this season, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  7. #807
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_baller24 View Post
    PHOENIX (AP)—Five months apart, the Los Angeles Lakers have consecutive victories in Phoenix.

    The first sent the Lakers to the NBA finals and an eventual championship. This one gave Phil Jackson his 1,100th victory, something only four other coaches have accomplished.

    “It’s just a number,” he said, “but it’s kind of overwhelming how many it is.”

    The Lakers spoiled the Suns’ home opener 114-106 on Friday night behind Lamar Odom’s 18 points and 17 rebounds in a rematch of last season’s Western Conference finalists.

    Kobe Bryant scored 25 points and Pau Gasol had 21 in the Lakers’ eighth victory over Phoenix in their last 10 meetings. No coach has reached 1,100 victories faster than Jackson, who did it in 1,560 games, winning 11 championships along the way, with some help from Michael Jordan, Shaquille O’Neal and Bryant, among others.

    “He’s something else, what he’s been able to accomplish,” Bryant said. “I can’t think of any coach who has accomplished what he’s accomplished in any sport, outside of John Wooden.”

    Grant Hill scored 21 points, Robin Lopez had 18 points and 14 rebounds and Jason Richardson added 17 points for the Suns, playing on consecutive nights after beating the Jazz in Utah on Thursday. In three of the last five regular-season games against the Lakers, Phoenix was playing moviebox for the second night in a row.

    Goran Dragic added 15 for Phoenix. Ron Artest scored 14 points for the Lakers, while Derek Fisher and Matt Barnes(notes) added 11 apiece.

    The last time the Lakers played in Phoenix, on May 29, they finished off the Suns in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals. This season’s Suns have added three new players and lost a significant one, Amare Stoudemire, who signed with the New York Knicks.

    The Suns did not come away discouraged.

    “I felt coming off the back-to-back, we played hard and competed,” said Hill, who also defended Bryant most of the night, “but the Lakers, they’re champs. We played hard, but we just lost to a better team.”

    Coach Alvin Gentry had a similar reaction.

    “We just had a couple of little missed shots, a layup here, a layup there, and they would come down and make a big shot,” Gentry said, “and, like I said, that’s why they’re the world champs.”

    Los Angeles took control with a 19-6 run over the last 3 1/2 minutes of the third quarter and first 2 1/2 of the fourth.

    Shannon Brownstole Dragic’s pass and scored on an emphatic breakaway stuff to cap an 11-3 Los Angeles run to end the third quarter and the Lakers led 87-79.

    Barnes’ 3-pointer to start the fourth stretched the run to 14-3 and the Lakers led 90-79. Barnes made another one, from the corner on a pass from Gasol, to put Los Angeles up 95-82 with 8: 48 to play.

    With Bryant on the bench, the Phoenix reserves cut it to 97-91 on Dragic’s 3-pointer from the top of the key with 7:08 to play. Then Bryant returned the Lakers held off the last gasps of the Suns.

    “We’re very fortunate here,” Bryant said. “We’ve got a couple of guys that can just stop momentum, me and Pau. Whenever it got close, we just went to one of us.”

    It was tied at 76 after Hedo Turkoglu, who struggled through most of his debut in Phoenix, made a driving layup, but the Lakers scored the next nine, the last on Steve Blake’s 3-pointer to make it 85-76.

    Los Angeles finished the first half with an 8-2 spurt to lead 57-50. Bryant started the run with a 3 and Derek Fisher finished it with another.

    NOTES: The other coaches to reach 1,100 wins are Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan, Don Nelson and Lenny Wilkens. The Lakers play six of their first eight games at home. … The Suns had won eight straight regular-season home games. … Phoenix’s starting guards, Steve Nash and Richardson, were 2 of 11 from the field in the first half and 9 of 27 overall. … Artest made 3 of 4 3-pointers in the third quarter.
    The Lakers are my favorite team.

  8. #808
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    The Lakers are three road wins away from accomplishing something that no team in the history of the NBA has ever been able to do. 17 consecutive road wins. At Indiana, Milwaukee and Portland. The Indiana game in my opinion will be the hardest. The Lakers are currently a little banged up and might be looking ahead to Milwaukee. If they get by Indiana they won’t lose to Milwaukee.

    Looking back to my conversations with fellow members back in the summer I am starting to believe that their arguments were more wishful thinking than what they actually believed.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  9. #809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Looking back to my conversations with fellow members back in the summer I am starting to believe that their arguments were more wishful thinking than what they actually believed.
    Personally I'm surprised how good Lakers are. The record of theirs. Wasn't a schedule a little bit friendly, as for Indiana f.e.? However, still have Clippers as favourite to win it all. But you were right that Lebron will still be very good. Now, you, and other fans of him should pray that's sustainable, a minor injury can change things at such age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  10. #810
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    No AD and Kuzma against Indiana in their building with a trip to Milwaukee on the horizon will probably spell defeat and put an end to the remarkable 14 game road winning streak by the Lakers. Kind of disappointing that either way the projected Lakers-Buck matchup had both kept winning would have put two great streaks up against each other and led to the immovable object vs the irresistible force kind of thing.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  11. #811
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    218
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Clearly a better team than the Lakers circus they were playing against, the Bucks although with Bledsoe sidelined due to injury, had a much easier than what the final score suggests win over the Lakers making a clear statement on which team is the boss of the league this season.

    Giannis Antetokounmpo proved beyond any denial that he is the world's best basketball player.

  12. #812
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    People that have a clue can distinguish between marathon regular season play and money time post season play. Last year was an excellent example of that. Milwaukee had a phenomenal regular season but when it mattered most lost 4 consecutive games and got bounced. It will undoubtedly happen again.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  13. #813
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    218
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    People that have a clue can distinguish between marathon regular season play and money time post season play. Last year was an excellent example of that. Milwaukee had a phenomenal regular season but when it mattered most lost 4 consecutive games and got bounced. It will undoubtedly happen again.
    Last season's "Phenomenal season" as you call it for MIL (obviously because it was against all off-season predictions), was no way near this season's "phenomenal season", neither the team was anywhere near as strong as it is this season with the additions and (last year's rookie) Donte Divicenzo stepping up to upgrade over Brogdon and ALL the team's players (All Stars Giannis and Middleton included) taking the next step...

    This season MIL has everybody in the league for breakfast! ...especially if it requires winning 4 in a 7 games series.

    But again, this all takes a man that has some clue as to understand... You are a "Zorroland team's" fan and therefore ignorant on those matters...

  14. #814
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckalis View Post
    Last season's "Phenomenal season" as you call it for MIL (obviously because it was against all off-season predictions), was no way near this season's "phenomenal season", neither the team was anywhere near as strong as it is this season with the additions and (last year's rookie) Donte Divicenzo stepping up to upgrade over Brogdon and ALL the team's players (All Stars Giannis and Middleton included) taking the next step...

    This season MIL has everybody in the league for breakfast! ...especially if it requires winning 4 in a 7 games series.

    But again, this all takes a man that has some clue as to understand... You are a "Zorroland team's" fan and therefore ignorant on those matters...
    I’ve been watching basketball since your father was probably in grade school so I’ll explain things to you. Last year was phenomenal because they won the most games in the entire NBA therefore being the number one seed in the entire playoffs.
    Expectations has nothing to do with it. It’s all about the results. This years team is not stronger than last years. Middleton hasn’t taken some big leap forward as a player. He has peaked and for the most part this is who he is. And the loss of Brogdon is a downgrade. It will all play out again like it did last year. The only question will be if you will be around or crawl back under that rock. You weren’t around when Milwaukee was getting exposed during money time and I am pretty sure you won’t be around when it happens again this year.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  15. #815
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    218
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    I’ve been watching basketball since your father was probably in grade school so I’ll explain things to you. Last year was phenomenal because they won the most games in the entire NBA therefore being the number one seed in the entire playoffs.
    Expectations has nothing to do with it. It’s all about the results. This years team is not stronger than last years. Middleton hasn’t taken some big leap forward as a player. He has peaked and for the most part this is who he is. And the loss of Brogdon is a downgrade. It will all play out again like it did last year. The only question will be if you will be around or crawl back under that rock. You weren’t around when Milwaukee was getting exposed during money time and I am pretty sure you won’t be around when it happens again this year.
    You obviously don't have a clue on basketball kid... But above all, your arrogance is inexcusable since you know nothing on my age, or my basketball knowledge, or experience on the game itself...

    1. Donte Divincenzo is an even better player than Brogdon, the kid has had only 27 games before getting injured last season and he is just above 50 games as of now... A sure to become all Star in the near future, he is after "most improved" for this season... He is faster than Brogdon, far more athletic than Brogdon, shares the same basketball IQ and his (superb) shooting will soon be better than Malcom's under the Bucks -superior to to any other team- supervision and training which has "born" Brogdon.

    2. Sterling Brown has stepped up to be a starting level wing on any NBA team.

    3. Giannis is simply the "best player in the world" and has taking another step forward to make sure that the 2nd is far behind him.

    4. Middleton's number are 10% or better on all categories, offense or defense,

    5. RoLo and Matthews addition added more consistency.

    6. Hill and Bledsoe are also clearly better than last season...

    All in all, if the Bucks could play against themselves from last season... They would be crashing themselves (!!!)

    Last nights game seems to have taught you nothing... If Giannis wouldn't have been called that 4th foul in the 3rd (a clear mistake of the refs) and wouldn't have been benched, the Bucks were going to humiliate you, as much as they did when they played against the Clippers... Wait for the 2nd game down in Zorroland in March...

    What you don't get now, you'll get it then kid!

  16. #816
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    You just keep on showing how ignorant you are when it comes to NBA basketball. Last nights game teaching me something ?
    You are even more clueless than I thought. One regular season game can’t tell you anything significant. Milwaukee could have won 120-75 and it wouldn’t have illustrated or proved anything. But that’s what little fan boy kids can’t understand.
    Everything is so new to you that you are overwhelmed and make far reaching conclusions. Years from now you’ll get it. But then again you might not. Your knowledge is a dead giveaway about your personal information. As well as your meaningless game by game update of irrelevant regular season career totals. That’s kids stuff. I won’t waste time dissecting all your nonsense on individual players. But the fact that George Hill is better than last year observation sums it all up.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  17. #817
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    218
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    You just keep on showing how ignorant you are when it comes to NBA basketball. Last nights game teaching me something ?
    You are even more clueless than I thought. One regular season game can’t tell you anything significant. Milwaukee could have won 120-75 and it wouldn’t have illustrated or proved anything. But that’s what little fan boy kids can’t understand.
    Everything is so new to you that you are overwhelmed and make far reaching conclusions. Years from now you’ll get it. But then again you might not. Your knowledge is a dead giveaway about your personal information. As well as your meaningless game by game update of irrelevant regular season career totals. That’s kids stuff. I won’t waste time dissecting all your nonsense on individual players. But the fact that George Hill is better than last year observation sums it all up.
    I was saying these facts:

    "1. Donte Divincenzo is an even better player than Brogdon, the kid has had only 27 games before getting injured last season and he is just above 50 games as of now... A sure to become all Star in the near future, he is after "most improved" for this season... He is faster than Brogdon, far more athletic than Brogdon, shares the same basketball IQ and his (superb) shooting will soon be better than Malcom's under the Bucks -superior to to any other team- supervision and training which has "born" Brogdon.

    2. Sterling Brown has stepped up to be a starting level wing on any NBA team.

    3. Giannis is simply the "best player in the world" and has taking another step forward to make sure that the 2nd is far behind him.

    4. Middleton's numbers are 10% or better on all categories, offense or defense,

    5. RoLo and Matthews addition added more consistency and depth on an already deep roster from last season.

    6. Hill and Bledsoe are also clearly better than last season on all their stats defensive or offensive..."


    and you couldn't answer back denying it... Yet you keep insulting people you don't know, which proves you to be just another troll out of the plenty you have down there in Zorroland...

    You are a completely clueless and arrogant kid, who is unable to develop, reply or develop an argument on a conversation and all he can being out of arguments, is attacking people on their age without (again) knowing anything about them...

    You have plenty of "big mouth trolls" in your "worst fan base in the league" crowed of "fans" down in Zorroland, that's a good motivation for Giannis to humiliate you whenever he meets against you on the court... The rest of the world just enjoys it!

    Ignore list for you and all like you!

  18. #818
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckalis View Post
    I was saying these facts:

    "1. Donte Divincenzo is an even better player than Brogdon, the kid has had only 27 games before getting injured last season and he is just above 50 games as of now... A sure to become all Star in the near future, he is after "most improved" for this season... He is faster than Brogdon, far more athletic than Brogdon, shares the same basketball IQ and his (superb) shooting will soon be better than Malcom's under the Bucks -superior to to any other team- supervision and training which has "born" Brogdon.

    2. Sterling Brown has stepped up to be a starting level wing on any NBA team.

    3. Giannis is simply the "best player in the world" and has taking another step forward to make sure that the 2nd is far behind him.

    4. Middleton's numbers are 10% or better on all categories, offense or defense,

    5. RoLo and Matthews addition added more consistency and depth on an already deep roster from last season.

    6. Hill and Bledsoe are also clearly better than last season on all their stats defensive or offensive..."


    and you couldn't answer back denying it... Yet you keep insulting people you don't know, which proves you to be just another troll out of the plenty you have down there in Zorroland...

    You are a completely clueless and arrogant kid, who is unable to develop, reply or develop an argument on a conversation and all he can being out of arguments, is attacking people on their age without (again) knowing anything about them...

    You have plenty of "big mouth trolls" in your "worst fan base in the league" crowed of "fans" down in Zorroland, that's a good motivation for Giannis to humiliate you whenever he meets against you on the court... The rest of the world just enjoys it!

    Ignore list for you and all like you!
    Those are opinions not facts. Look up the difference in the dictionary. You’ll have plenty of time since you are on Christmas break from high school these days. I guarantee that you are anywhere from 15-22 years old. I don’t know what fan base you think I am part of but as usual you are out to lunch.

    I thought I was already on your ignore list ? Remember ? Please do it this time. I don’t have time to mess around with little kids like you who have been watching basketball for a couple of years. It’s demeaning personally for me. But please keep updating Giannis’ career statistical total rankings. I need to know if he’ll be 478th in rebounding all time or 464th by the end of the month.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

  19. #819
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    218
    Country: Greece

    Default

    I really hope that 3-0 against slap in the face, will help some Lakers fans wake up in reality (although I doubt it)...

    Truth is that with one player (Anthony Davis) that is TOP-5 and an elite player on his descent due to age (L.James) and all the rest of the players good only for the bench on other contending teams, the Lakers are going nowhere...

    Let alone that James is "trouble" for the Lakers, by demanding (and achieving) everything to pass from him... GM's decisions, roster decisions, coaching decisions, everything has to pass from Lebron... That's not a team, it's a circus...

  20. #820
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    218
    Country: Greece

    Default

    I wonder whether AD stays in LA, or hits free agency next July (to possibly join Siakam in Toronto) if the Lakers will go 0-4 on Christmas eve and even more so, if they additionally drop the game against the Blazers on Sunday and go 0-5...

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •