No announcement yet.

The Los Angeles Lakers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only question now for the Lakers is with LeBron, Anthony Davis and Kuzma on board and about 30 million in cap space do they go for another superstar or 2 role players. It’s a tough call that has pros and cons on both sides. For example Kemba Walker or Jimmy Butler. Or guys like Danny Green, JJ Redick. And you will always have the ring chasing veterans that will play for the minimum to fill out your roster as well.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• People are about to realize how good Anthony Davis truly is. His situation is very similar to Lebron’s first years in Cleveland when they never surrounded him with any serious talent. Now similar to when Shaq joined the Lakers in the summer of 1996 his star is about to shine big time. He will be 27 years old during the playoffs and his best years are ahead of him.
      He will follow the great lineage of championship Laker big men that came there through trade or free agency, Wilt-Kareem-Shaq-Pau Gasol (not on this level but an excellent player that was the best big man in the league for a couple of years).

Comment

• Compared to Pacers and Spurs pelicans got way more in return for their franchise player.Nr 2, Nr.2,Nr.4 picks,good young player Hart and 2 more first rounders that's basically entire Lakers future.

After 3 years when LeBron gets very old, Davis gonna look around and see in Lakers is in worse situation that it was in pelicans.

The winner is LeBron James and pelicans in this trade.I don't consider Lakers as winner when for 2 good years run and chance to win you sacrifised almost everything, all your treasure you got in 5years of tanking.

That's bad business 5 years of tanking...get 2 superstars and 3 good years and again 5 years tanking...after 3 years Davis will want out of that Lakers without no young players left...

Lakers better now win a ring in next 2 years or you gonna be like all LeBron former teams no young players, no drafts and go to bottom of standings,because you are giving everything for a chance to win...no plan b

Atleast former lebron teams got best player in the world on their risks, Lakers got 35 years old LeBron thats big difference,but this is Los angeles were stars shine
        Last edited by Shawshank; 06-16-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• @Shawshank. You are so wrong it’s not even funny. They will have Anthony Davis in his prime, Kyle Kuzma their best young player of the ones they gave up as well. That’s just silly media talk that makes absolutely no sense. Let’s fast forward 3 years from now. They will have won a championship or more that’s probably a guarantee. Now you will have Anthony Davis locked up and you are the Lakers that will always attract the best players. Are you seriously gonna sit there and tell me those draft picks they gave up are really gonna mean anything ? They are not going to be lottery picks rather in the 20’s
          every year. It’s so hilarious that everyone thought those young guys on the Lakers were trash assets when they were going to be Lebron’s only future, Lonzo can’t shoot, Ingram has Chris Bosh blood clot disease, but now that LA flipped them for Anthony Davis a top 5 player in the league who will not be a rental and will sign long term they gave up too much.
          That’s just LA hate and jealousy talking. Except in this case the hate and jealousy of the Lakers is real. Just ask Greg Popovich. They haven’t had a mini run that eventually will end like the Spurs or Warriors. Their run has lasted 40 years.
          10 championship in that time frame, no one is even close. And now with Anthony Davis theirs it will only continue.
          The big thing people are missing here is that the Lakers made out short term and long term. Imagine if Anthony Davis had never stated that he wanted to play for the Lakers but rather any team except New Orleans that he got traded to would be fine with him, every team would have mortgaged everything for him.

Comment

• all biggest NBA analysed is saying same thing.But you understand better than all of them?

Kids that looks only on short length can say yeah Lakers won, but looking more than 2 years ahead this can become a robbery depending how those 6 pelicans players will look in the future , especially if Davis stays in Lakers only 2-3years LeBron run and won't be in rebuilt at age of 30 after LeBron becomes washed up.

If you would offer such package even spurs would had gave Kawhi and Indiana George no brainer. I mean 3 top 4picks ...nobody is giving su much and usually don't even have.remember neither of 3 franchises had any choice or they loosing their star for nothing and to get such huge package is very nice trade for pelicans.

Title in first year? that's very optimistic when lakers have 4 players and only 30million to buy other spots.Half of the team will be veterans over 32 and in 3 years Davis looks around he wants to get traded again that's reality of what Lakers is doing.

Davis didn't show anything in playoffs to say he can lead team anywhere and LeBrons at 35 any more seriuos injury is game over for him.Alot of things will have to go Lakers way to even win those 3 serries in deep west playoofs first year together with no chemistry and no bench.
            Last edited by Shawshank; 06-16-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• @Shawshank.
              A big part of all those analysts is they are friends with David Griffin and hate Rob Pelinka and the Lakers. Those are just facts so consider that when you hear their analysis.

And again the big part you are missing in this trade when comparing Kawhi and Paul George that those guys were long shots too resign so they were viewed as rentals. Anthony Davis is not a rental. You have to understand the difference.
              And I think Indiana actually did pretty good in their trade because they got Victor Oladipo. Let me know which one of the Laker pieces traded will turn out to be something as good as that.

And if you are trying to minimize Anthony Davis because of his lack of playoff productivity you are definitely pulling my leg.
              With what teammates and which teams in the West was he supposed to beat ? Come on now, I know you don’t like a LeBron and like I predicted when everyone was piling on him that he would land on his feet but please a little objectivity here.

Comment

• A title in first year is not that optimistic. There’s a reason they are the favorite right now in all sports books and that’s with more big pieces to come. Who would worry me if I am the Lakers ? The Bucks ? The best they can do is send their exact same roster back if they resign everyone. There’s no Warriors out there anymore. It’s the Lakers in the drivers seat yes in the first year because they have 2 of the top 5 players in the world on their team and more pieces to come.

Comment

• @Shawshank
                  You have to be able to see through a lot of these analysts and their agendas. Friendships with GMS who they use as sources
                  And stuff like that. I’ll give you another example. All the talk was that the Lakers 4th pick in the draft was not that valuable because this is a 3 player draft when the Lakers owned it. Now it’s such a great pick and teams will trade a ready made all star for it. What changed ? The Lakers are universally despised around the league. And this version with Pelinka and Rambis even more. Again all the talk about a mess they were and a dumpster fire and nobody wants to go there. Yet LeBron and AD wanted to go there. Now they are gonna conveniently forget all that non sense they were saying.

Comment

• I think Kemba Walker might be the next realistic acquisition by the Lakers. Owner Michael Jordan is notoriously cheap except when it comes to his degenerate gambling affairs so there is a chance he won’t offer the max contract.
                    Kyrie Irving is probably their most preferred option but he’s set on the New York City teams. Jimmy Butler a possibility as well. Then there are other guys like Khris Middleton or Malcolm Brogdon. Or Bojan Bogdanovic, Patrick Beverly, Danny Green, JJ Redick and others. In a couple of weeks this team will look like a juggernaut and the clear favorite next year.

Comment

• The parallels between the beginning of LeBron and AD’s careers are striking. Both were automatic no brainer sure bet number one picks that were guaranteed to be stars. And both Cleveland and New Orleans did horrible jobs and surrounded them with crap for their first 6 or 7 years. Wasted years especially for AD, at least LeBron was able to overcome and get to a finals and drag a couple of garbage teams in ‘09 and ‘10 that resulted in him winning league MVP’s but AD was not LeBron. They finally gave up hope and left or asked out. Now here they are together about to take over the league for the next couple of years.

Comment

• As a basketball fan I hope Kawhi Leonard doesn’t sign with the Lakers. That would ruin the league like Durant going to the Warriors. Thankfully I don’t see it. Los Angeles obviously will try but I can’t see Kawhi doing that. If he did who would be their competition ? Giannis ? A 32 year old gimpy Durant coming off an Achilles injury ? At least with the Warriors formation you had the best player in the world who had 3 championships on his resume in theory to battle them, now you would have nothing. But like I said it won’t happen.

Comment

• I wonder how Paul George is feeling. He probably could have signed with the Lakers last summer went home played with LeBron and would have had Anthony Davis join them eventually through trade of free agency. Instead he hitched his wagon to Westbrook and Oklahoma City and is now on a team in cap jail. Sometimes you need your agent to slap you in the face when warranted to snap you out if it before you make a decision like that.

Comment

• If Lakers go with Kemba, what is his salary going to be?

Kemba, x, Caruso
                            x, KCP, x
                            LeBron, x, Bonga
                            Kuzma, x, Wagner
                            A.Davis, x, x
                            Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

• Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                              If Lakers go with Kemba, what is his salary going to be?
                              Around 30 million.

Comment

• The internal debate right now is whether they go for one guy like Kemba, Or Jimmy Butler.
                                I think they would absolutely do it for Kyrie Irving. Or spread it out between 3 $10 million dollar or 2 $15 million dollar players.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information