NBA Candidates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
    Where could I find that book? Maybe someone have pdf?
    I tried to find a pdf for this book before. I couldn't find one. I just said to myself, I have to read this book. So I went to the bookstore and bought it. Here is a link for the reviews of the book in case you are interested in this book. Read it, you won't regret. http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Rims-F.../dp/0451229991

Comment

Originally posted by PacificRims View Post
      I tried to find a pdf for this book before. I couldn't find one. I just said to myself, I have to read this book. So I went to the bookstore and bought it. Here is a link for the reviews of the book in case you are interested in this book. Read it, you won't regret. http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Rims-F.../dp/0451229991
      In Lithuania there isn't this book and shipping in very expensive to buy from amazon. Any other options?
      I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Live and die in LA View Post
        Ricky Rub... wait
        I think he's going to be a fail in the NBA unless he keeps improving his game.
        He needs to keep working on his shooting. Not just 3 pointer but mid-range jumpers as well. He's also very skinny. I understand that he's young but anyone remember Lebron at 18

Comment

I don't get it. Why do most of the European Stars end up in the bench for NBA teams. I can't say they suck, they can play internationally like Spanoulis. Is it the style of play in the NBA?
          Mostly, coaches don't trust them.

Then, you have an international coach like Popovic(Yugoslavian roots) for the San Antionio Spurs who's brought over talented international players and turned them into stars.

Ginobli, Parker, Udrih, Scola, Nesterovic, Oberto, etc.

Hell, even Tim Duncan is foreign

As long as the coach believes in you and gives you proper playing time then you will most likely succeed.

One of the reasons Darko Milicic had such a rough time in the NBA besides leaving Europe too early before properly developing was his coach's lack of believe. In Detroit, Orlando, and even in New York nobody believed in him. They gave him minimum playing time. The most playing time he recieved was in Orlando and those were his best years as he was showing glimpses of his talent.

Look at Sacramento Kings for example. Rick Adleman and his staff brought over Divac, Stojakovic, Hedo, etc.

They all recieved a proper chance. If the players are given the proper chance they will succeed. Maybe not superstars like Lebron Wade but maybe another Stojakovic or Nowitzki

Comment

Milos Teodosic. Self-explanatory.

That #11 guy from Srbija. Guy is money from three. Even if you put him in the NBA line, I don't think he's going to miss many if he's left open by defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
              In Lithuania there isn't this book and shipping in very expensive to buy from amazon. Any other options?
              When I find a pdf of the book I will send it to you. Just give me your email.

Comment

When I find a pdf of the book I will send it to you. Just give me your email.
                sagenas[at]gmail.com Thanks in advance.
                I'm on twitter

Comment

Martynas Pocius! I think he's more suited for the American style, and only serious injuries burried him at the end of Duke's bench. Now he'll prove himself in Euroleague...

Comment

Originally posted by kecal View Post
                    Martynas Pocius! I think he's more suited for the American style, and only serious injuries burried him at the end of Duke's bench. Now he'll prove himself in Euroleague...
                    He is more suited because he played in America and has grasped the style of play there.

Comment

I don't really think it was just the injury that kept Pocius out of the Duke line-up. He was playing behind Nolan Smith, Jon Sheyer, Greg Paulus, and Gerald Henderson. Not that he is not a good player, I just don't know how much his time in America would help him. It was not really all that successful for him. He never put up very good numbers when he was healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by kecal View Post
                        I was very surprised the Pocius didn't earn more playing time at Duke. I remember watching him in the Nike Hoop Summit game and he looked like the best player on the international team that year. He is athletic and quick and seems to have good instincts.
                        Perhaps he would have been better off playing at another university where he could have earned more playing time, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
                          I think he's going to be a fail in the NBA unless he keeps improving his game.
                          He needs to keep working on his shooting. Not just 3 pointer but mid-range jumpers as well. He's also very skinny. I understand that he's young but anyone remember Lebron at 18
                          I think not having a consistent jump shot is a problem but the bigger problem is he doesn't or can't (not sure which) take the ball to the basket with strength. I believe he can be a successful pass first PG in the NBA but he needs to be able to either take the ball to the rim with strength (like a Deron Williams, Rose, etc.) or he would need to develop a better finesse game when going to the hoop, maybe work on a floater (like Parker, Rondo, etc.). You can live either being a finesse or a strength PG when going to the basket but you must be able to finish somehow or else all teams will just play you for the pass all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
                            Mostly, coaches don't trust them.

Then, you have an international coach like Popovic(Yugoslavian roots) for the San Antionio Spurs who's brought over talented international players and turned them into stars.

Ginobli, Parker, Udrih, Scola, Nesterovic, Oberto, etc.

Hell, even Tim Duncan is foreign

As long as the coach believes in you and gives you proper playing time then you will most likely succeed.

One of the reasons Darko Milicic had such a rough time in the NBA besides leaving Europe too early before properly developing was his coach's lack of believe. In Detroit, Orlando, and even in New York nobody believed in him. They gave him minimum playing time. The most playing time he recieved was in Orlando and those were his best years as he was showing glimpses of his talent.

Look at Sacramento Kings for example. Rick Adleman and his staff brought over Divac, Stojakovic, Hedo, etc.

They all recieved a proper chance. If the players are given the proper chance they will succeed. Maybe not superstars like Lebron Wade but maybe another Stojakovic or Nowitzki
                            I agree with you for the most part. I apologize if this is obvious but it should be said. Coaches aren't the only ones responsible for a player's success. Primarily, of course, it is up to the player himself. Lots of players are put in situations where they believe they are worthy of more playing time than they are getting but they have to earn it by proving their worth every day in practice. They have to outplay their peers. If they do that, the coach won't care what country they are from.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information