View Poll Results: Who will fight for a medal?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

54 46.15%
  • Argentina

63 53.85%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarter-Finals, Lithuania vs. Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    spain in group and spain in elimination round is two totally differnt teams.
    I disagree. Spain still is struggling, against Greece they weren't played good basketball - it's just Greece played badly.

Quote Originally Posted by obama2008 View Post
    Lol. Linas Kleiza might stop Scola.
    I don't think Kleiza is the correct player to guard Scola. Just don't believe in the chances of Kleiza stop Scola playing in the low post! Javtokas would be ideal but Argentina also has Oberto and Gonzlez...
    https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Let's vote for Argentina but I will one of Lithuania fans in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luz for 3 View Post
    I don't think Kleiza is the correct player to guard Scola.
    Dont worry Kleiza was playing in Greece and learned some stuff there

I don't think Kleiza is the correct player to guard Scola. Just don't believe in the chances of Kleiza stop Scola playing in the low post! Javtokas
    I agree. Kleiza and Scola are two of the biggest superstars at the tournament this year, but that doesn't mean they should guard each other. Kleiza is a much different player than Scola. Scola is stronger and more bruttish while Kleiza is faster and more streamlined.
    Argentina also has Oberto and Gonzlez...
    I saw Gonzlez play against Chile right before the tournament. He has always been overweight, but he looked really bad against Chile. I don't think he will play against Lithuania.

But Oberta, yes, must be guarded. And so must Argentina's guards and forwards: Gutierrez, Delfino, Prigioni, Jasen, Cequiera. They are all very capable players. Argentina is not a one man show. Yes, Scola is the tournament MVP, but behind him is a great cast of players who have their own special skills.

Somebody mentioned that Lithuania is a much deeper team than Argentina. I'm not so sure. Argentina has more players who are a little "long in the tooth," but they can play 40 minutes of good basketball.

Lithuania is a bear, though. They're tough to beat. No matter what happens, I think this game is going to be a good one.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mvblair
    Kleiza is a much different player than Scola. Scola is stronger and more bruttish while Kleiza is faster and more streamlined.
    Hmmmm. I'm not so sure you're correct. Kleiza is 6'8" and 245 pounds while Scola is 6'9" and 245 pounds. You'd have to test them in the weight room and on the track to find out which is stronger and which is faster.

Quote Originally Posted by mvblair View Post
    I agree. Kleiza and Scola are two of the biggest superstars at the tournament this year, but that doesn't mean they should guard each other. Kleiza is a much different player than Scola. Scola is stronger and more bruttish while Kleiza is faster and more streamlined.
    Scola and Oberto will guard Javtokas and Kleiza, otherwise one of them will have to stop a backcourt player like Jonas Mačiulis or Simas Jasaitis... Other option is Lithuania playing with Jankūnas and Javtokas in the frontcourt and Kleiza (maybe guarded by Delfino, in this case) as SF.

Quote Originally Posted by mvblair View Post
    I saw Gonzlez play against Chile right before the tournament. He has always been overweight, but he looked really bad against Chile. I don't think he will play against Lithuania.
    Yes!!! He continues fat and even more slower... But he is large and big
    https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

While the topic is fresh on my mind, why are we losing this poll? I mean, we could at least be winning this poll, boys.
    Lithuania > Serbia 5:2 in official games this century

Quote Originally Posted by Blackway View Post
    While the topic is fresh on my mind, why are we losing this poll? I mean, we could at least be winning this poll, boys.
    here's too many realistic Lithuanians. Sometimes it's good to be optimist.

Kleiza has short hands, he wouldn't be able to cover Scolas shots.

I don't think Kleiza is the correct player to guard Scola. Just don't believe in the chances of Kleiza stop Scola playing in the low post! Javtokas would be ideal but Argentina also has Oberto and Gonzlez...
    I think Javtokas is a wrong option against Scola - he have to defend against Oberto, Scola is just too fast and too skilled for Javtokas (Javtokas would be perfect against Spliter). Remember 2003EC - put Jankunas/Klimavicius/Maciulis on Scola and keep them rotating and defending on the edge of a foul.

To win against Argentina we have to do 2 things (no not to stop Scola and Delfino - Brazilians didn't stop them and almost win remember? ) - we have to control rebounds and play very fast, run like a hell. Every rebound must become a fast break. If we will do these things we have a good chances to win, if Argentina will make us to play their position game we are doomed.

Scola would toy with Javtokas as he is two times faster, specially now when Javtokas is even slower because of his injury. Kleiza, Klimavičius and even Mačiulis could take shot. Jankūnas is too slow and not athletic enough at least to try (BTW, I expected more from Jankūnas in this torunament. I know Kleiza is playing in his position, but the guy is playing like veteran and forgot to play in low post completely).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

if we play like we did against spain or france - we win, if we play like we did against lebanon or china - we lose. it is as simple as that.

Seriously, I think Mačiulis is the closest thing we have to the Scola-stopper. His lack of height will cost us a lot, but his tenacious style of defence should do us some good. Kleiza could easily guard opposing SFs, but guarding Scola would require too much from of our best offensive weapon.
    I just hope that the refs would allow some physical contacts in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by kecal View Post
    Seriously, I think Mačiulis is the closest thing we have to the Scola-stopper. His lack of height will cost us a lot, but his tenacious style of defence should do us some good. Kleiza could easily guard opposing SFs, but guarding Scola would require too much from of our best offensive weapon.
    I just hope that the refs would allow some physical contacts in this game...
    That's where Songaila would be useful Mačiulis could take a shot (and I think he will at least for some time), but I doubt it would work out. Scola is too big for him too fight under the boards and his lack of height would mean some quick releases from distance (Scola is such a good jump shooter! No wonder Kemzūra is compering him with K. Malone). Mačiulis could handle with Scola's mobility and quickness though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

aren't Maciulis and Kleiza both SF's (kleiza + PF as well)? Why would Sf's are considered to play against PF/Center?

just to make my point of view...
    For me,that is all i dreamed about.1/4 ....I never asked for more...I thought that we might be here with 3/2 or 2/3 in the group and a lucky draw afterwards...I read one comment after group games in lrytas -" no matter what happens afterwards,i will come to the airport and "nulenksiu savo zila galva"".
    Strong stuff.
    There should be many haters or lamers/trolls deleting their posts as well from our nt team thread.
    Regarding the game- we can win if -
    we know that scola and delphino will score,and priggione will pass a ball to them...
    but if we have more than kleiza scoring,we can win...
    And we have like 8 another players waiting to have a good game -4 or five of them actually having a good game would mean a victory....Against china we had only 2 players - kleiza and gecevicius,with kalnietis adding few...how about maciulis?or jankunas?or jasaitis waiting for his game...?
    anyway ,i hope kemzura knows something about delfino,this is our big advantage too no one talks about

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    That's where Songaila would be useful
    Why is Darius Songaila not playing this year anyway? And how about arūnas Jasikevičius?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Why is Darius Songaila not playing this year anyway? And how about arūnas Jasikevičius?

you deserve mercy killing with posts like that..
    hmm...i changed my mind -how about slow blunt knife death...
    yeahh.
    thats more likely for your ignorance

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast