View Poll Results: Who will fight for a medal?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

54 46.15%
  • Argentina

63 53.85%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarter-Finals, Lithuania vs. Argentina

Lithuania will win this.

Lithuania so far 6 from 6 while Argentina have only lost 1 from their past 6 and that was Serbia.

I think that Lithuiania will win it by 10 points

bookies saying 3 point win Argentina. So all you saying 20 or 10 for one or other team - good chance to profit

I don't get why such little faith in Lithuania. Argentina is going to have a very hard time playing that kind of D again.

Quote Originally Posted by LTbotd View Post
    Stop Scola?

Not sure even if this would help...

i think Argentina will win.. %70/%30

Voted for Argentina because they are the stronger team, but again - so was Spain and we still won.

This lith team is not impressive but so far they are still winning so I am hoping for a surprise here too.

realistically argentina is going to win by 13+. scola is jsut to hard to defend his post mvoes are up there with mchale. the liths just dont have enough experience to stop a vet like scola. kleiza perhaps might defend scola but kleiza is too soft for scola. kleiza is more of an offensive threat thn defensive stopper. scola on the other hand can get inside your skin and really play mind games with you

do i want the liths to win. idealistically yes, because it would be an easier tam to play instead of argentina for usa. argentina always gives usa problems, and i have to give respect argentina because argentina will play straight up man vs usa and arent scared to do so, that's big props to them
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

I like our chances, and i like that we are not the favorites to win it. We wont against spain (about 1.15 to 6), vs france it was equal (1.8 vs 1.9). But we won both quite impressive both. Now vs Argentina we are just 2.25 vs 1.65.
    So i think man dont be such underestimated like vs china, and will be motivated more than 100% (vs china we were about 70% and was enough).

Scola is just one player, and yesterday he was superb. Also had very good help from Delfino and Jasen (game of the tournament). Also Argentina hit 11/18 threes! They won the games vs Germany, Australija, Brasilia just at the end of the game (by 2, 4 and 2 points respectively), and lost to young serbia by 2 (scola had 32).

In this game crutial moment will be rebounding, and Defend other players from Scola and ofcourse him as much as possible. (Penney scored us 37, but we won by 13, so one player cant win a match, scola can score 30 again, but we need not to let to have a lot of free space, block assists to free team-players after double-defence). Jankunas and Javtokas had perfect defence on Jianlian, and they must make a life as hard as possible for scola to score.

Our advantage is speed, longer and more equal bench, and team faith to win!
    Argentina advantages - superb leader scola, experience.

So finally will I believe in my team!

This is obviously hardest game for us yet but for some reason I dont see the Argentinian team as strong as previous tournaments.

In saying that, they are still favourites yet I preferred to play them over Brazil as I think they are more unpredictable. I believe we have a chance against them and this will be the game of the tournament

Lietuva, with not even 1% chance for Argentina.

Lietuva is a clear favorite even if they leave completely free Scola and Oberto.

They should just keep pressure on Prigioni meanwhile preventing passes for Delfino and Jasen and especialy keeping them out from open shots.

Those two (Scola & Oberto) will not win the game at their own..., not against Lietuva!
    MI LAHKO !

andw77 wrote:

"I really look forward to see Slovenia in Katowice on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. If that is the case, I'll try to wear something green Kto nie skacze, nie Słoweniec, hej hej hej "

whatever the outcome of this match will be, I will be satisfied with the appearance in this World Cup.

Argentina is the favorite in this match, but we have a chance to win if:
    1. as far as possible stop Scola. our big man will have to use all the pressure and keep it up.
    2. cut Prigioni from teammates and create more barriers to get ball to Scola.
    3. prevent Delfino to receive free ball and throw open 3pt shots.
    4. stop the other players

That's it If our players does't do any of those things we lose
    Remember September 2003!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Argentina's defense against Brazil was terrible. Unless they improve that a lot vs. Lithuania i'm afraid this game will end sooner than people would imagine...
    absolutely agree with that opinion. Just horrible defence play yesterday...
    only 3pointers+Kleiza is just not enough for Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
    Argentina's defense against Brazil was terrible. Unless they improve that a lot vs. Lithuania i'm afraid this game will end sooner than people would imagine...
    I kind of agree that Argantine didn't play good defense but if you think about it Lithunia did play terrible on both sides of the court against China. I do believe that it will be a tight game with a small egde for Arg.

Quote Originally Posted by arturcia View Post
    whatever the outcome of this match will be, I will be satisfied with the appearance in this World Cup.

Argentina is the favorite in this match, but we have a chance to win if:
    1. as far as possible stop Scola. our big man will have to use all the pressure and keep it up.
    2. cut Prigioni from teammates and create more barriers to get ball to Scola.
    3. prevent Delfino to receive free ball and throw open 3pt shots.
    4. stop the other players

That's it If our players does't do any of those things we lose
    all these you could write in one: stop all argentina players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
    Voted for Argentina because they are the stronger team, but again - so was Spain and we still won.

This lith team is not impressive but so far they are still winning so I am hoping for a surprise here too.
    spain in group and spain in elimination round is two totally differnt teams.

Lithuania they have best young team on turnament (along with Serbia) and bright future ahed of them and honestly they deserve 1 gold medal. Go Lithuania

Quote Originally Posted by LTbotd View Post
    Stop Scola?

Not sure even if this would help...

Lol. Linas Kleiza might stop Scola.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    spain in group and spain in elimination round is two totally differnt teams.
    Sapin was in quite a pitch anyway. They played really well against us (their best game of the group match at that point) while we shot poorly from almost every position even widely open and still managed to grab the win.

If you watched that game Spains defense and shooting was good much better than in other matches, so I do not think they were playing all that different from their elimination round games in that match though indeed in most other matches they were playing with one leg (particularly against France where they were missing FT and open shots).

AS much as I'd like Lithuanians to take this one, I think this win is headed to South America, hope your guys prove me wrong.

I'm torn between these two teams but LTU was one of my fave teams together with ESP.

Whoever wins this game I'll be okay with it.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast