No announcement yet.

Quarter-Finals, Lithuania vs. Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever the outcome of this match will be, I will be satisfied with the appearance in this World Cup.

Argentina is the favorite in this match, but we have a chance to win if:
    1. as far as possible stop Scola. our big man will have to use all the pressure and keep it up.
    2. cut Prigioni from teammates and create more barriers to get ball to Scola.
    3. prevent Delfino to receive free ball and throw open 3pt shots.
    4. stop the other players

That's it If our players does't do any of those things we lose
    Remember September 2003!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
      Argentina's defense against Brazil was terrible. Unless they improve that a lot vs. Lithuania i'm afraid this game will end sooner than people would imagine...
      absolutely agree with that opinion. Just horrible defence play yesterday...
      only 3pointers+Kleiza is just not enough for Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
        Argentina's defense against Brazil was terrible. Unless they improve that a lot vs. Lithuania i'm afraid this game will end sooner than people would imagine...
        I kind of agree that Argantine didn't play good defense but if you think about it Lithunia did play terrible on both sides of the court against China. I do believe that it will be a tight game with a small egde for Arg.

Comment

Originally posted by arturcia View Post
          whatever the outcome of this match will be, I will be satisfied with the appearance in this World Cup.

Argentina is the favorite in this match, but we have a chance to win if:
          1. as far as possible stop Scola. our big man will have to use all the pressure and keep it up.
          2. cut Prigioni from teammates and create more barriers to get ball to Scola.
          3. prevent Delfino to receive free ball and throw open 3pt shots.
          4. stop the other players

That's it If our players does't do any of those things we lose
          all these you could write in one: stop all argentina players.

Comment

Originally posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
            Voted for Argentina because they are the stronger team, but again - so was Spain and we still won.

This lith team is not impressive but so far they are still winning so I am hoping for a surprise here too.
            spain in group and spain in elimination round is two totally differnt teams.

Comment

Lithuania they have best young team on turnament (along with Serbia) and bright future ahed of them and honestly they deserve 1 gold medal. Go Lithuania

Comment

Originally posted by LTbotd View Post
                Stop Scola?

Not sure even if this would help...

Lol. Linas Kleiza might stop Scola.
                Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock

Road To Rio 2016.

Kwentong Gilas ~ Gilas Serye. LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by granger View Post
                  Sapin was in quite a pitch anyway. They played really well against us (their best game of the group match at that point) while we shot poorly from almost every position even widely open and still managed to grab the win.

If you watched that game Spains defense and shooting was good much better than in other matches, so I do not think they were playing all that different from their elimination round games in that match though indeed in most other matches they were playing with one leg (particularly against France where they were missing FT and open shots).

Comment

AS much as I'd like Lithuanians to take this one, I think this win is headed to South America, hope your guys prove me wrong.

Comment

I'm torn between these two teams but LTU was one of my fave teams together with ESP.

Whoever wins this game I'll be okay with it.
                      "You don't know me so don't rush in to conclusions."

My fave teams:
                      San Miguel Beermen, Regal FC Barcelona, Pilipinas, España, Lietuva

Comment

Originally posted by granger View Post
                        I disagree. Spain still is struggling, against Greece they weren't played good basketball - it's just Greece played badly.
                        I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by obama2008 View Post
                          Lol. Linas Kleiza might stop Scola.
                          I don't think Kleiza is the correct player to guard Scola. Just don't believe in the chances of Kleiza stop Scola playing in the low post! Javtokas would be ideal but Argentina also has Oberto and González...
                          https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Comment

Let's vote for Argentina but I will one of Lithuania fans in this game.
                            The biggest football derby match in asia :

Esteghlal 1-0 perspolice

Since 42 years ago :

Esteghlal 21-17 Perspolice

Comment

Originally posted by Luíz for 3 View Post
                              I don't think Kleiza is the correct player to guard Scola.
                              Dont worry Kleiza was playing in Greece and learned some stuff there

Comment

Originally posted by Luíz for 3 View Post
                                I don't think Kleiza is the correct player to guard Scola. Just don't believe in the chances of Kleiza stop Scola playing in the low post! Javtokas
                                I agree. Kleiza and Scola are two of the biggest superstars at the tournament this year, but that doesn't mean they should guard each other. Kleiza is a much different player than Scola. Scola is stronger and more bruttish while Kleiza is faster and more streamlined.
                                Argentina also has Oberto and González...
                                I saw González play against Chile right before the tournament. He has always been overweight, but he looked really bad against Chile. I don't think he will play against Lithuania.

But Oberta, yes, must be guarded. And so must Argentina's guards and forwards: Gutierrez, Delfino, Prigioni, Jasen, Cequiera. They are all very capable players. Argentina is not a one man show. Yes, Scola is the tournament MVP, but behind him is a great cast of players who have their own special skills.

Somebody mentioned that Lithuania is a much deeper team than Argentina. I'm not so sure. Argentina has more players who are a little "long in the tooth," but they can play 40 minutes of good basketball.

Lithuania is a bear, though. They're tough to beat. No matter what happens, I think this game is going to be a good one.
                                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information